Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I have 3 boys of my own. Currently, I have a totally of 7 boys playing in the backyard. They are a collection of my own children, school friends, and neighborhood buddies. I am sitting here on my couch watching them. I am convinced that little boys are not very self preserving when it comes to their choices. Anyone else wonder how the male species survives childhood? Good grief.

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Replies (41-50):
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Lol.. Yes!

Quoting FrogSalad:

Do they watch iCarly?  Sounds like the infamous butter sock that Sam threatens to hit people with.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

I dont know .. My younger girl asked me if she put a hard stick of butter in a sock would it hurt her sister if she hit her with it? Or the time she peed in my phone because she wanted to see what would happen.

Quoting nuclear_sugar:

I have 3 boys of my own, and I wonder that daily....lol

I also marvel at the things I have to explain to them...for example, "No, it is not acceptable to tie sunglasses to your penis as a 'decoration.'" Or, "No, you can't pee on the field in the middle of your soccer game." Or, "No, you cannot build a fort on top of the fridge/roof/cat/Christmas tree."

You just don't have to explain such things to little GIRLS...do you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

My 6yo doesn't like to wear clothes at home.  Right now, I'm fully dressed with a blanket over my shoulders because it's cold in the house and he's in his underwear.  I should probably tell him to put some clothes on but he'll just say, "I'm not cold, mom" and strip out of them in 10 minutes.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Oh, boys...

The filthiest creatures on the planet. 

My 11yo strips down to undies as soon as he walks in the door, and lately his favorite pair are boxer-types with a huuuuge rip from waistband down towards the front of the crotch. He keeps putting them back on after he gets out of the shower if I don't grab them first. No joke, I've thrown those damn things away 3 times. The last time, I took them outside to the garbage can after realizing that he would sneak into the kitchen and dig them out of the house trash. And what did I happen to find a day or two after I threw them out? Those same dame underwear in the clothes hamper covered in filth! Arghh!

Farting and mooning don't even come close to phasing me anymore. 

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:23 AM

You aren't the only one, makes me glad I had 5 girls and no boys.   On the other hand, I don't have these great stories to tell.

Quoting wickedfiress:

This post is seriously cracking me up! I have not laughed like this in a really long time!

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this
I had a friend who once had to take her 5 year old to the er with a broken arm. When asked how it happened, he said "it was Mommy's fault. She broke my arm." Police and CPS were there in 30 minutes. They started to interview the boy without his mom and came out laughing 10 minutes later.

His mom gave him a spiderman shirt but not pants for bedtime. He decided to leap off his top bunk and stick to the wall. Apparently because she gave superman pants, which are the same colors, she messed up his ability to stick to the wall.
GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM

This wasn't me, it was a friend who has three boys too.

So, her downstairs bathroom just smelled.

She cleaned, she bleached...it still smelled of urine. All. The.Time.

Her husband was remodeling the house, so there was an access hole in the wall (plumbing, pipes, you know). Well, he finally got to that section and discovered that all three boys had been peeing into the hole for months.

She asked them why and they told her it was "fun".

We have a rule now in our house that you may never pee anywhere but the toilet, except under very specific peeing outdoors conditions.

LoganTroyMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
me too! i have 2 boys! my 4yo is BONKERS lol
LoganTroyMom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:39 AM
haha! come the teen years, you will!

Quoting candlegal:

You aren't the only one, makes me glad I had 5 girls and no boys.   On the other hand, I don't have these great stories to tell.

Quoting wickedfiress:

This post is seriously cracking me up! I have not laughed like this in a really long time!

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Oh I have stories, just not boys stories.   My youngest is 25 so we have been through the teen years.  It is kind of hard to beat a magnet penis story.  That is a hoot.

Quoting LoganTroyMom:

haha! come the teen years, you will!

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting wickedfiress:

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I'm convinced that my 5 year old daughter was really meant to be a boy. She can be so disgusting sometimes. lol

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting wickedfiress:

IntactivistMama
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Um. I rode my trike down cement stairs (I think I was 3.)

Several stitches in my chin and I still have the scar.:O

Quoting GLWerth:

We had to take my middle boy to the ER for magnets stuck to his penis. He had taken two strong magnets and put them on either side and smooshed it.

We've also had to cut his penis out of the mesh of his swimsuit liner.

He's also the one who discovered why you shouldn't ride a tricycle down stairs.

Quoting Peanutx3:

LOL.  Matt went on a call once where a little boy of about 8 or 9 was under a blanket.  Mind you the firemen had no clue why they were responding to this house, the dispatcher couldn't seem to bring herself to type out the reason other than it was for a young boy.  So the firemen show up to find one room of women talking and the young boy under a blanket.  Attached to his penis were to magnets!  The firemen couldn't get the magnets off, they had to take him to the hospital.  I asked Matt if he asked the boy what possessed him to put magnets there.  LOL Matt didn't ask the question.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)