Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

i do not agree wit the title of the photo but

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
  • 26 Replies

I do agree with the message that it is not right to judge any group By the fringe elements claiming to Be part of that group. I do not agree with the title because it could just as correctly be using the similar inconsistency of some Christian leaders not wanting Christianity Judged By the WBC BUT some Christians judging Muslims By terrorist extremists.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I tend to be liberal and I don't adhere to that or resemble that

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I SAID I do NOT agree with The title of the picture. I posted it because SOME DO resemble it.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I tend to be liberal and I don't adhere to that or resemble that

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I think if the top right said don't instead of do, it would be a great message overall. I also lean more to the left, and I do not like political generalizing.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I was not generalizing, I flat out said I do not agree with the Title on the picture AND included an example of how some conservatives do the same thing.

Quoting Euphoric:

I think if the top right said don't instead of do, it would be a great message overall. I also lean more to the left, and I do not like political generalizing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh I know you weren't. That's what I like about you, you're always fair.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I was not generalizing, I flat out said I do not agree with the Title on the picture AND included an example of how some conservatives do the same thing.

Quoting Euphoric:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.

I think people are missing what you are trying to say b/c they get too defensive over the "Liberal" part of the title.

But the message is good.  Stop judging the whole because of a small part.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks. I try to be but know I am not always successful at getting across what I mean:)

Quoting Euphoric:

Oh I know you weren't. That's what I like about you, you're always fair.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Quoting Euphoric:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this

I think a better message would be don't judge.

terpmama
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

First there is a difference in judging and not agreeing...

second, there is a difference in discriminating and saying there is a problem, lets find a solution

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Yes, there is a difference but the picture, and this thread, Is about the very real JUDGING that some people do. On This board, anyone who hints at being pro gun is verbally assaulted by select few as being a "gun nut" and accused of just wanting to kill people and/or just being hysterical. That is JUDGING and will never lead to a productive discussion On the issuem

Quoting terpmama:

First there is a difference in judging and not agreeing...

second, there is a difference in discriminating and saying there is a problem, lets find a solution

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN