Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What a difference a photo makes!

Posted by   + Show Post

I've had pets on the brain lately, especially since we can't have pets in our leased house. This organization that takes beautiful photos of dogs to help them get adopted is amazing. I think trying to institute something like this at local shelters is a fantastic idea! If I were a better photographer, I would definitely volunteer to do this!

Before and after: What a difference a photo makes

Photography is a powerful tool. A good photo documents, explains, entices, incriminates, inspires, and even has the power to saves lives. One nonprofit working with rescue animals is hammering that point home. HeARTs Speak brings photographers and rescue groups together to help get animals out of shelters and into safe homes. These before and after images of rescued dogs like Turner (shown at left) illustrate what a difference having a skilled photographer on hand can make for an animal in need. (Text: Jaymi Heimbuch) 

http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/photos/shelter-dogs-benefit-from-the-power-of-a-photo/before-and-after-what-a-difference

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (21-24):
frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM

This makes me want to go do photography for the shelter.

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Awwww. I have to admit, the cute photos are much more appealing and make me want to adopt them more than the others

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Perception is everything

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Nice post :)  I agree.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)