Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What a difference a photo makes!

Posted by   + Show Post

I've had pets on the brain lately, especially since we can't have pets in our leased house. This organization that takes beautiful photos of dogs to help them get adopted is amazing. I think trying to institute something like this at local shelters is a fantastic idea! If I were a better photographer, I would definitely volunteer to do this!

Before and after: What a difference a photo makes

Photography is a powerful tool. A good photo documents, explains, entices, incriminates, inspires, and even has the power to saves lives. One nonprofit working with rescue animals is hammering that point home. HeARTs Speak brings photographers and rescue groups together to help get animals out of shelters and into safe homes. These before and after images of rescued dogs like Turner (shown at left) illustrate what a difference having a skilled photographer on hand can make for an animal in need. (Text: Jaymi Heimbuch) 

http://www.mnn.com/family/pets/photos/shelter-dogs-benefit-from-the-power-of-a-photo/before-and-after-what-a-difference

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM

This makes me want to have a dog. I wish I could have one.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

This is so awesome! I just posted it on my photography friends page.

krysstizzle
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM

A whole fluffy family

If you're an artist or photographer interested in joining HeARTs Speak, or if you work with a shelter and want to know how the group's members can help you, visit the website to learn more. After all, a photograph can save not just one life, but many. 

krysstizzle
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Me, too :( 

We haven't had a dog in over 3 years. (Before we moved towns)

We can't have any pets in the house we're now renting, and it makes me so sad. I grew up around tons of animals, all kinds, cats, dogs, horses, goats. An animal makes the house feel so different. 

Hopefully we'll be buying a house in the next month or so, and a great big perk will be being able to have pets!

Quoting ms-superwoman:

krysstizzle
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, isn't this great?! I'm posting it to my facebook, I have a few friends who are really great photographers, hopefully someone will get inspired. :)

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

This is so awesome! I just posted it on my photography friends page.

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I grew up around pits (my uncle breeds them) and now I am not allowed to have dogs at all! I'm having puppy withdrawals! lol

Quoting krysstizzle:

Me, too :( 

We haven't had a dog in over 3 years. (Before we moved towns)

We can't have any pets in the house we're now renting, and it makes me so sad. I grew up around tons of animals, all kinds, cats, dogs, horses, goats. An animal makes the house feel so different. 

Hopefully we'll be buying a house in the next month or so, and a great big perk will be being able to have pets!

Quoting ms-superwoman:

NutHouseMomma
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I was opposed to getting a rescue dog because of past experiences, but we recently got one and had him transported to us from five states over. But to be honest, had the foster parents not been such a pain in the ass about the adoption process and making sure we knew all his quirks, I probably wouldn't have wanted him so much. They were thorough and honest. I have to say, he is the best dog we have ever had.

littlesippycup
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

That's really sweet how they help those dogs. Poor things. Those are some awesome pictures. 

krysstizzle
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:39 PM

He's a beauty!

The best dog I had growing up came from the pound. He was so amazing, I grew up with him and loved him dearly. 

Quoting NutHouseMomma:

I was opposed to getting a rescue dog because of past experiences, but we recently got one and had him transported to us from five states over. But to be honest, had the foster parents not been such a pain in the ass about the adoption process and making sure we knew all his quirks, I probably wouldn't have wanted him so much. They were thorough and honest. I have to say, he is the best dog we have ever had.

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I just started volunteering at our local SPCA, and one of the positions they were trying to fill was a professional photographer who could volunteer their time for this exact reason. It really makes such a difference!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)