Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's Kitty Time

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 32 Replies
3 moms liked this

We brought home a new baby kitty yesterday, only about 7 weeks old, just weaned and on dry food. Luckily she's a little scrapper, brave and super playful, so there was only about an hour of her being insecure and scared before she loosened up and started exploring. Now today she's all over the place playing with everything and bouncing around the boys like an excited puppy LOL.  She's decided to bond with our 5yr old and spent the whole night sleeping all snuggled with him in his bed *we tested it by bringing her out to the food and kitty pan a few times and she went straight back to him each time* 

She's using the kitty pan fine, eating her kitten chow and drinking no problem, she's even already gotten the layout of the whole house down pretty well.  The ONLY problem is that since she's such a little toughie she's being belligerent with our 2yr old kitty Lilly. Poor Lilly is such a pacifist that she slinks away all sad every time the kitten growls and hisses at her. She's very curious about the baby and keeps trying to go and sniff and groom her *she's got a good mothering instinct* but little Melody's having nothing to do with it LOL.

Here's hoping they'll grow close quickly and all the hissing will stop in a day or two.

This is how she first fell asleep last night :)

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Aww, congrats on the new baby! The two kitties will get along soon. I have 5 kitties, and with the exception of a few hisses here and there, they are all good buddies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so adorable!

P.S. are you mixing Transformers and Thomas the Tank? lol

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Aw, what a cutie.  Looks like she's settling in quite nicely.

We also brought a home a kitten this week (approx. 5 mos old) that we found at my MIL's house.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL, it's a mix of Transformers, Thomas the Tank and How To Train Your Dragon. He also has a Yoda flannel blanket he usually sleeps with, but it's in the wash so he's wrapped in the other flannel blanket i made him.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

That is so adorable!

P.S. are you mixing Transformers and Thomas the Tank? lol

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting FrogSalad:

Aw, what a cutie.  Looks like she's settling in quite nicely.

We also brought a home a kitten this week (approx. 5 mos old) that we found at my MIL's house.

What a pretty girl, i hope she works out well for you guys.

Our older kitty was a wild caught kitten and we got her at about 6 months old and already fixed. She's a super sweetie though, never uses her claws and just wants to be loved on and have someone play with her. She was tortured pretty badly by our old cat so she's still really meek from that. I'm hoping little Melody won't take advantage and be mean to her as she gets older. It should be fine though, so far as we've seen Meloday has a great personality.

My 4yr old keeps complaining to me that she won't stop trying to play with him, LOL. She keeps pouncing on the pile of army men he's trying to play with.

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I can't figure out which one is more cute: the cat or your ds!

They both win. They are both adorable!

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this

How beautiful! Is this your cat Storm? What is his/her name?

Quoting stormcris:

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes this is Pinky, as in Pinky & the Brain. Brain took up with a neighbor though.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

How beautiful! Is this your cat Storm? What is his/her name?

Quoting stormcris:

mamalusbear
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Our two cats were fighting for a few weeks when we first brought our kitten home.  Our Himalayan would terrorize the little Siamese kitten.  Within a few weeks the Siamese had asserted her dominance as queen of the house....and the kitties are best buds now.  They'll warm up to each other in a few weeks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)