Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a title from an article which you can read if you click on the link:

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

However I wanted to discuss the actual question.  Why is it so important for some to push Creationism and to deny Evolution?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (11-20):
stacefaceninja
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this! (I miss you sippycup:()

Quoting littlesippycup:

Why can't we just teach it all? It could be a semester class that briefly covers everything in a factual manner.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting littlesippycup:

Why can't we just teach it all? It could be a semester class that briefly covers everything in a factual manner.

There are no "facts" dealing with Creationism, it is purely religious belief. Religious beliefs have NO place in a science class.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Henry Morris, who almost single-handedly created the modern creationist movement, outlined the argument in great detail in his 1989 book "The Long War Against God: The History and Impact of the Creation/Evolution Controversy." In a book praised by fundamentalist publications and endorsed by religious leaders, Morris outlines in considerable detail how Satan has been using evolution for millennia to subvert the Gospel. In this scenario, supported with countless footnotes and other scholarly apparatus, Darwin is not the originator of evolution. Darwin, argues Morris, was nothing more than a "catalyst for a revival of ancient paganism, coming at just the right time in history to bring to fruition a revolt against God for which many in Western Europe had been preparing for over a century." Morris suggests that Satan delivered the theory of evolution to Nimrod when they met on the Tower of Babel.

(source)

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't have time to read the article right now, but going on the conversation in the thread at hand, I assume this is directed at pushing creationism/evolution in a classroom?

If I'm right, I'm not sure what the issue is for one reaons - no state in the united states MANDATES public education. All states mandate education, but a parent is free to enroll their child in an alternative learning environment - homeschool or private school. Every single states allows for that. Why be upset that the government funded public schools teach anything for that matter? Don't like it, don't complain - just don't send your children.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

CarolinaGirl725
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Yeah! It's those damned subversive scientists. The Bible didn't say anything about science. Those hellfire and brimstone preachers said that stuff was a bunch of sorcery and fiction started by Satan. If this was true, we probably would still be living in caves, if there were enough of us left alive to be living anywhere.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Stupid science. Only commies believe in science. 

Quoting cammibear:

Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
3 moms liked this

I think many people want others to assimilate to their world view no matter what it is. Our society suggests this, I feel it is people trying to feel in control. These would not be those who merely want their right to have such but want the control through forcing their way upon others.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Quoting cammibear:

It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories

What about all the discussions we've had about this in the past, cammibear?   If the evidence supports your side of the argument, why is it always you who abandons the thread with the ball in your court and questions still waiting for you to answer?

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM
6 moms liked this
It seems to me people want creationism treated as a Science subject, like physics, chemistry, or biology, when it doesn't belong there, but rather in a Social Studies or Religion type class. If credible Scientific evidence starts to emerge to support creationism, then I could see it as A Science subject. Until then.... Creationism is faith based, not science based.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

They want to feel like they have control over something that is completely uncontrollable. Evolution is not something humans can control and they really truly don't like that. 

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I think you are very much correct!

Quoting stormcris:

I think many people want others to assimilate to their world view no matter what it is. Our society suggests this, I feel it is people trying to feel in control. These would not be those who merely want their right to have such but want the control through forcing their way upon others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN