Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a title from an article which you can read if you click on the link:

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

However I wanted to discuss the actual question.  Why is it so important for some to push Creationism and to deny Evolution?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:41 PM
4 moms liked this

I know that was a dig. However, most scientists are not Marxists. 

Quoting cammibear:
Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists...

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Um... I'm a scientist that believes in evolution and I'm certainly not a leftist Marxist. Far from it, actually.

Quoting cammibear:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol maybe you should actually read the bible before making such a foolish statement. Yikes!

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

Yeah! It's those damned subversive scientists. The Bible didn't say anything about science. Those hellfire and brimstone preachers said that stuff was a bunch of sorcery and fiction started by Satan. If this was true, we probably would still be living in caves, if there were enough of us left alive to be living anywhere.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Stupid science. Only commies believe in science. 

Quoting cammibear:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CarolinaGirl725
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
5 moms liked this
I have read the Bible thoroughly and have studied it in college, though maybe not in an environment that would meet the approval of some denominations. I stand by my statement, and it is far from foolish. End of discussion.

Quoting cammibear:

Lol maybe you should actually read the bible before making such a foolish statement. Yikes!

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

Yeah! It's those damned subversive scientists. The Bible didn't say anything about science. Those hellfire and brimstone preachers said that stuff was a bunch of sorcery and fiction started by Satan. If this was true, we probably would still be living in caves, if there were enough of us left alive to be living anywhere.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Stupid science. Only commies believe in science. 

Quoting cammibear:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tscritch
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM
17 moms liked this

I believe I was created by Smurfs. Papa Smurf created me. I want this taught in ALL schools. It is true and correct. I have proof of the existance of Smurfs. They are in movies, television, books....therefore they truly exist. Haven't seen one? NOT MY FAULT. Obviously you are not looking in the right places or do not really want to see them.

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this
God hardly has to be explained away. Quite the opposite. Human kind have been looking to find Him since the beginning of time (or religion).

Why do you deny evolution? It's (evolution) happening right now, this very second. I believe in God. God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. No matter how hard you want to pretend evolution is a lie, it isn't. Lie to yourself all you want.

Quoting cammibear:

Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry...I know not all evolutionists are Marxists. I was just answering an extreme comment with an extreme comment. I get pretty tired of the assumptions and name calling.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Um... I'm a scientist that believes in evolution and I'm certainly not a leftist Marxist. Far from it, actually.

Quoting cammibear:

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Creationism is not factual. It is a story...well, there are many MANY creation stories. 

Quoting littlesippycup:

Why can't we just teach it all? It could be a semester class that briefly covers everything in a factual manner.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:58 PM
6 moms liked this

It is my opinion that a Religious based belief system should be taught at home, church, or Christan school.

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I disagree that macroevolution has ever happened.

I have never denied that things change. I just don't buy into the idea that the increase in information and complexity we see today just randomly came about. I think it takes great faith to accept that.

Actually, I believe the bible is true and that man does not earnestly search for God. Man always seeks to make himself god.

Quoting Stephanie329:

God hardly has to be explained away. Quite the opposite. Human kind have been looking to find Him since the beginning of time (or religion).

Why do you deny evolution? It's (evolution) happening right now, this very second. I believe in God. God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. No matter how hard you want to pretend evolution is a lie, it isn't. Lie to yourself all you want.

Quoting cammibear:

Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured