Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a title from an article which you can read if you click on the link:

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

However I wanted to discuss the actual question.  Why is it so important for some to push Creationism and to deny Evolution?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I find it hard to believe that anyone that can make a statement that the bible says nothing about science has read the bible, much less study it. lol

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

I have read the Bible thoroughly and have studied it in college, though maybe not in an environment that would meet the approval of some denominations. I stand by my statement, and it is far from foolish. End of discussion.

Quoting cammibear:

Lol maybe you should actually read the bible before making such a foolish statement. Yikes!

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

Yeah! It's those damned subversive scientists. The Bible didn't say anything about science. Those hellfire and brimstone preachers said that stuff was a bunch of sorcery and fiction started by Satan. If this was true, we probably would still be living in caves, if there were enough of us left alive to be living anywhere.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Stupid science. Only commies believe in science. 

Quoting cammibear:

Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists...

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I think many people want others to assimilate to their world view no matter what it is. Our society suggests this, I feel it is people trying to feel in control. These would not be those who merely want their right to have such but want the control through forcing their way upon others.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

popcorn 

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
See evolution doesn't try to explain origins. Science isn't God and can't be tortured or bullied to explain things it doesn't understand.

Quoting cammibear:

Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Because it's the one inroad they think they have towards teaching religion in school.

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, that's hardly fair. I do have a life, and discussions with you can go on forever. :)
And if I have to leave a discussion I feel weird dragging it back up a week later.

That's my opinion. I have seen your evidence, and have weighed it against the evidence for creation. Faith is in origins, and I think it takes more faith to believe the big bang or primordial soup theories than to believe in a designer Creator.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting cammibear:

It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories

What about all the discussions we've had about this in the past, cammibear?   If the evidence supports your side of the argument, why is it always you who abandons the thread with the ball in your court and questions still waiting for you to answer?

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this
For some, science is a replacement for God.

Quoting AdrianneHill:

See evolution doesn't try to explain origins. Science isn't God and can't be tortured or bullied to explain things it doesn't understand.

Quoting cammibear:

Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

desertlvn
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I see it as the modern colonization mentality. It doesn't seem to be about peace, acceptance, and loving neighbors, but about dominating and conquering.

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:30 PM
Quoting cammibear:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting cammibear:

What about all the discussions we've had about this in the past, cammibear?   If the evidence supports your side of the argument, why is it always you who abandons the thread with the ball in your court and questions still waiting for you to answer?

Well, that's hardly fair. I do have a life, and discussions with you can go on forever. :)
And if I have to leave a discussion I feel weird dragging it back up a week later.

Better to have one long discussion than repeat the start of the same discussion several times.

There are some threads I've kept going for months.  Nobody objects (except possibly those on the losing side who want to quietly forget it).

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Quoting cammibear:
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting cammibear:

I think it takes more faith to believe the big bang or primordial soup theories than to believe in a designer Creator.

C'mon, you must know by now that the big bang and abiogensis are no more part of evolution than they are part of aerodynamics or the germ theory of disease.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)