Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a title from an article which you can read if you click on the link:

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

However I wanted to discuss the actual question.  Why is it so important for some to push Creationism and to deny Evolution?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Quoting cammibear:

Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.

Evolution is not ABOUT origins. Evolutionary theory deals mainly with how life changed after its origin. Science does try to investigate how life started (e.g., whether or not it happened near a deep-sea vent, which organic molecules came first, etc.), but these considerations are not the central focus of evolutionary theory. Regardless of how life started, afterwards it branched and diversified, and most studies of evolution are focused on those processes.

I want you, right now, without looking anything up,  to tell me- make a list, of the ways nature points to a god creating anything. Also, I want that list to contain nothing that can be refuted by science. I'll wait for your reply...

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists...

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Quoting cammibear:

I find it hard to believe that anyone that can make a statement that the bible says nothing about science has read the bible, much less study it. lol

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

I have read the Bible thoroughly and have studied it in college, though maybe not in an environment that would meet the approval of some denominations. I stand by my statement, and it is far from foolish. End of discussion.

Quoting cammibear:

Lol maybe you should actually read the bible before making such a foolish statement. Yikes!

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

Yeah! It's those damned subversive scientists. The Bible didn't say anything about science. Those hellfire and brimstone preachers said that stuff was a bunch of sorcery and fiction started by Satan. If this was true, we probably would still be living in caves, if there were enough of us left alive to be living anywhere.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Stupid science. Only commies believe in science. 

Quoting cammibear:

The bible contains many scientific inaccuracies and the science facts is does contain were already known by other, ancient peoples (and that goes for the Qu'ran as well).

CarolinaGirl725
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I cannot find a single mention of the word "science" in any biblical reference I have checked, but I do find several scientific principles, including one in the book of Isaiah that alluded to the fact that the earth was round even before that fact was confirmed. People used to believe that the world was flat and didn't accept any other opinion. God gave mankind these things called brains that have sometimes been used to question and challenge things instead of just accepting what has been filled in the blanks that we've been told not to dispute.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting cammibear:

Actually, I believe the bible is true and that man does not earnestly search for God. Man always seeks to make himself god.

Why do you believe this religious text over more ancient ones? What is the difference betweenthe myths of the bible and they myths of the other civilizations that came both before and after it? I don't want to hear 'faith' as an answer either. There has to be something that sets it apart to you and everyone else that believes it because when I read it, there is nothing that jumps out at me that makes me think it's anymore believable than the myths of ancient Sumeria, Egypt or Babylon or even India.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:02 PM
3 moms liked this

I'm actually reading up on evolution and it really is such a simple concept that is almost hard to believe people deny it. Its basically just biology.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

said the woman who posted "stupid leftwing marxists" to a moderate conservative.

Quoting cammibear:

Sorry...I know not all evolutionists are Marxists. I was just answering an extreme comment with an extreme comment. I get pretty tired of the assumptions and name calling.

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

Um... I'm a scientist that believes in evolution and I'm certainly not a leftist Marxist. Far from it, actually.

Quoting cammibear:

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

I cannot find a single mention of the word "science" in any biblical reference I have checked, but I do find several scientific principles, including one in the book of Isaiah that alluded to the fact that the earth was round even before that fact was confirmed. People used to believe that the world was flat and didn't accept any other opinion. God gave mankind these things called brains that have sometimes been used to question and challenge things instead of just accepting what has been filled in the blanks that we've been told not to dispute.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

It says flat circle, not round. A circle is not a ball or sphere or an egg-shaped object. A circle is a flat round surface, similar to flat rectangular, or square, or triangular surfaces. So if the Bible claims that the Earth is a circle, then this is still bogus because the earth is obviously not a flat surface.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM

O/T which "Carolina" are you from?  I lived in South Carolina for a brief time, Charleston, to be exact.  Beautiful city but I just didn't fit in.  Or maybe it's just your name?

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Exactly, and I don't really see how a belief in God has anything to do with it, actually.  Are people saying God couldn't create evolution or natural selection?  Ridiculous, for those who believe.  For those who believe, God is omnipotent.  Trying to force a human perspective on God is kind of sacreligious, according to what I have been taught.  

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I'm actually reading up on evolution and it really is such a simple concept that is almost hard to believe people deny it. Its basically just biology.

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM
4 moms liked this
May his noodly appendage have mercy!!

But we know it won't.

Ramen

Quoting tscritch:

I believe I was created by Smurfs. Papa Smurf created me. I want this taught in ALL schools. It is true and correct. I have proof of the existance of Smurfs. They are in movies, television, books....therefore they truly exist. Haven't seen one? NOT MY FAULT. Obviously you are not looking in the right places or do not really want to see them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN