Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a title from an article which you can read if you click on the link:

Why Is Pushing Creationism So Damn Important to Wingnuts?

However I wanted to discuss the actual question.  Why is it so important for some to push Creationism and to deny Evolution?

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM

What to creationists believe exactly? Is creationism the same as intelligent design?

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

This reply is beautiful. I can never seem to get an answer to these questions. Well...anything other than "the devil is trying to deceive you." LOL 

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

Actually, I believe the bible is true and that man does not earnestly search for God. Man always seeks to make himself god.

Why do you believe this religious text over more ancient ones? What is the difference betweenthe myths of the bible and they myths of the other civilizations that came both before and after it? I don't want to hear 'faith' as an answer either. There has to be something that sets it apart to you and everyone else that believes it because when I read it, there is nothing that jumps out at me that makes me think it's anymore believable than the myths of ancient Sumeria, Egypt or Babylon or even India.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I would like to see an answer to this too.

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

This reply is beautiful. I can never seem to get an answer to these questions. Well...anything other than "the devil is trying to deceive you." LOL 

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

Actually, I believe the bible is true and that man does not earnestly search for God. Man always seeks to make himself god.

Why do you believe this religious text over more ancient ones? What is the difference betweenthe myths of the bible and they myths of the other civilizations that came both before and after it? I don't want to hear 'faith' as an answer either. There has to be something that sets it apart to you and everyone else that believes it because when I read it, there is nothing that jumps out at me that makes me think it's anymore believable than the myths of ancient Sumeria, Egypt or Babylon or even India.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

We kinda are "God"

Quoting cammibear:
Well I disagree that macroevolution has ever happened.

I have never denied that things change. I just don't buy into the idea that the increase in information and complexity we see today just randomly came about. I think it takes great faith to accept that.

Quoting Stephanie329:
God hardly has to be explained away. Quite the opposite. Human kind have been looking to find Him since the beginning of time (or religion).

Why do you deny evolution? It's (evolution) happening right now, this very second. I believe in God. God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. No matter how hard you want to pretend evolution is a lie, it isn't. Lie to yourself all you want.

Quoting cammibear:
Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.
Quoting IhartU:
Quoting cammibear:
Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists..

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM
2 moms liked this

I really believe this.

Quoting mehamil1:

We kinda are "God"

Quoting cammibear:
Well I disagree that macroevolution has ever happened.

I have never denied that things change. I just don't buy into the idea that the increase in information and complexity we see today just randomly came about. I think it takes great faith to accept that.

Quoting Stephanie329:
God hardly has to be explained away. Quite the opposite. Human kind have been looking to find Him since the beginning of time (or religion).

Why do you deny evolution? It's (evolution) happening right now, this very second. I believe in God. God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. No matter how hard you want to pretend evolution is a lie, it isn't. Lie to yourself all you want.

Quoting cammibear:
Wrong. Evolution has zero evidence for origins. It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories, especially when laws of nature point to creation. But keep trying to explain away God.
Quoting IhartU:
Quoting cammibear:
Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists..

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Like Christianity itself, there are a lot of different beliefs in terms of Creationism. Young Earth-ers, Intelligent Design-ers...etc. 

Intelligent Design accepts evolution, but points to (Christian) God as the origin of life. 

^^Very general answers, of course. 

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

What to creationists believe exactly? Is creationism the same as intelligent design?

CarolinaGirl725
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 5:58 PM
Stacy, I am originally from North Carolina, but have lived in South Carolina for the last 27 years since being married. I am still reluctant to say that I'm from South Carolina. To a native of western North Carolina and graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill, that would be like renouncing my citizenship, but I love coastal South Carolina, especially North Myrtle Beach and Charleston.

Quoting stacymomof2:

O/T which "Carolina" are you from?  I lived in South Carolina for a brief time, Charleston, to be exact.  Beautiful city but I just didn't fit in.  Or maybe it's just your name?

Quoting CarolinaGirl725:

I cannot find a single mention of the word "science" in any biblical reference I have checked, but I do find several scientific principles, including one in the book of Isaiah that alluded to the fact that the earth was round even before that fact was confirmed. People used to believe that the world was flat and didn't accept any other opinion. God gave mankind these things called brains that have sometimes been used to question and challenge things instead of just accepting what has been filled in the blanks that we've been told not to dispute.

Quoting IhartU:

Quoting cammibear:

Maybe because evolution is so dang important to stupid leftwing Marxists...

It is and should be important because unlike creationism, there is science to back it up but I see the religious like to ignore fact for fantasy because it's just easier to write 'god' in the blank and call it a day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM

The Big Bang has nothing to do with Evolution. Well, if the big bang hadn't happened then earth wouldn't be here...But whatever. 

I have noticed that creationists tend to stick to earth. From the literature I have read, the Universe itself is not really talked about. Mainly earth. Why is that? 

Quoting cammibear:
Well, that's hardly fair. I do have a life, and discussions with you can go on forever. :)
And if I have to leave a discussion I feel weird dragging it back up a week later.

That's my opinion. I have seen your evidence, and have weighed it against the evidence for creation. Faith is in origins, and I think it takes more faith to believe the big bang or primordial soup theories than to believe in a designer Creator.
Quoting Clairwil:
Quoting cammibear:
It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories

What about all the discussions we've had about this in the past, cammibear?   If the evidence supports your side of the argument, why is it always you who abandons the thread with the ball in your court and questions still waiting for you to answer?

cammibear
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Lol. I forget. The new angle.

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting cammibear:

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting cammibear:

It takes way more faith to believe in evolution theories than creation theories

I think it takes more faith to believe the big bang or primordial soup theories than to believe in a designer Creator.

C'mon, you must know by now that the big bang and abiogensis are no more part of evolution than they are part of aerodynamics or the germ theory of disease.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kameka
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:03 PM
1 mom liked this
In case you haven't been touched by His Noodly Appendage

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster

Quoting tscritch:

I believe I was created by Smurfs. Papa Smurf created me. I want this taught in ALL schools. It is true and correct. I have proof of the existance of Smurfs. They are in movies, television, books....therefore they truly exist. Haven't seen one? NOT MY FAULT. Obviously you are not looking in the right places or do not really want to see them.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured