Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

PLEASE NOTE:

MyNews24 is a user-generated section of News24.com. The stories here come from users.

Hanjo

Comments: 822
Article views: 12837

Latest Badges:

View all Hanjo's badges.

What if God was the evil one?

25 October 2012, 08:38

Firstly, I can’t take any credit for the writing you see below. I received a link on Facebook to this piece, which was originally a ‘Facebook note’ written by an American. (so excuse the references to American situations)  I got in contact with the author and received his consent to share it on MyNews24. 

I share this article mainly because I found it to be a very enjoyable and thought provoking read, I also agree with the author’s views completely and feel this is an interesting angle on the usual ‘theist vs atheist’ debate.

So Enjoy.

How does anybody know God is more moral than Satan? If it’s because the bible says so, then that is arbitrary and followers of the bible are basically just listening to God saying “I’m the good one, follow me.” If it’s due to observing actions and judging god’s actions to be better, then can’t we just use those standards to judge our actions, making god unnecessary? Besides, Satan hasn't even bothered authoring a book and telling his side of the story.

What if God was actually the evil one and Satan was in fact good? After all, God is responsible for 250 million deaths, while Satan is responsible for only 10, all of which God commanded of him. If something bad happens like an earthquake or a Tsunami, we tend to call it 'an act of god' not an 'act of the devil'. Why?

Read the rest here

Photo: What do you think about this? I think it's beautiful.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
AliKatAK47
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM
2 moms liked this

This post reminded me of this 

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Satan

•Satan, like Prometheus, gave knowledge to humanity by giving Eve the fruit from the forbidden tree. Because of Satan, humanity gained knowledge of good and evil, according to Genesis. Since we couldn't have possessed knowledge of good and evil before eating the fruit, Adam and Eve couldn't have known that eating the fruit was evil, so it seems a little harsh to punish them as severely as God did. Satan gave humans true capacity for moral judgment, unlike God, who simply expected everyone to mindlessly obey his orders.
•There is no biblical record of Satan engaging in the murder of torture of any human being, unlike God, who is guilty (and proudly guilty) of commiting genocide.
•There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
•Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

God

•God takes away Adam and Eve's eternal life, thus commiting the first murder, and holds their descendants responsible and visiting Adam and Eve's punishment down on their children. In today's moral standards, the sins of the father die with the father.
•God destroys all life on Earth in a great flood, except for a drunk (Noah) and his family, for failing to worship him.
•God's tenth plague upon the Israelites was the unjustified murder of all firstborn sons in Egypt, which undoubtedly included little children.
•Before sending the plagues to Egypt, God "hardened Pharaoh's heart" so that he wouldn't let the Israelites go, so he could have an excuse to visit horrible plagues upon them, like boils, killing cattle and murdering all firstborn sons. (Exodus 4:21)
•God orders the Levites to kill their "every man and his neighnor" for worshipping another god. This cost 3000 lives. (Exodus 32:27)
•God sends a plague to the Israelites, apparently feeling that mass-butchery wasn't enough of a punishment. (Exodus 32:35)
•God kills Onan for refusing to impregnate his late brother's (whom God also slew) wife and instead "spilling his seed on the ground." (Genesis 38:8-10)
•God kills the entire populations of Soddom and Gammorah (again, including women, children and infants) for practicing certain sexual techniques.
•God gives all Philistines hemorrhoids in their pubic areas. (1 Samuel 5:9)
•God kills over 50,000 people for looking at an ark. (1 Samuel 6:19)
•God kills 70,000 people because King David decided to have a census. (1 Chronicles 21:7-14)
•God approves of slavery, and instructs owners to beat their slaves. (Proverbs 29:19)
•And, finally, God makes sure that if you are guilty of even the smallest transgression, you shall suffer endlessly for all eternity, following a dramatic homecoming for Jesus, who will be extremely pissed off at everyone for putting him to death, even though it was just the Romans and even though he knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he could have easily avoided it by using his power as God to perform a miracle and prove who he was. (See the entire book of Revelation)

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

That's too funny!

Quoting AliKatAK47:

This post reminded me of this 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

So why did Satan allow God to murder all those people? 

Quoting paganbaby:

Because he murdered millions of people in the bible including innocent children and Satan didn't?

Quoting Susan0805:

Considering god's law expects people to love one another, follow rules, and be "good", why would anyone see him as bad?

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

probably the same reason god allows his "children" to murder daily?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting paganbaby:

Because he murdered millions of people in the bible including innocent children and Satan didn't?

Quoting Susan0805:

Considering god's law expects people to love one another, follow rules, and be "good", why would anyone see him as bad?

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Free-will?  LOL if someone wants to propose Santan is good and God is evil the least they could do is come up with some original ideas.  It's a little lazy and predictable to just flip things . 

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Susan0805:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM
2 moms liked this

They didnt come up with it...I did :-)  Youre right though...it was lazy thinking.

I dont propose satan is good and god is bad or vica virca...neither exists IMO.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Free-will?  LOL if someone wants to propose Santan is good and God is evil the least they could do is come up with some original ideas.  It's a little lazy and predictable to just flip things . 

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Susan0805:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Good read beside God is jealous and vindictive. Demands worship the devil doesn't look at all the contradictions in the bible further proof something is not right in Denmark if presented to a publisher today having never been published before the author would have to pay for the printing his self never receiving and advanced royalty.

doomshroom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Quoting paganbaby:

•And, finally, God makes sure that if you are guilty of even the smallest transgression, you shall suffer endlessly for all eternity, following a dramatic homecoming for Jesus, who will be extremely pissed off at everyone for putting him to death, even though it was just the Romans and even though he knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he could have easily avoided it by using his power as God to perform a miracle and prove who he was. (See the entire book of Revelation)

reminded me of this :)

here's a link if it's too small to read. 

http://www.pidjin.net/2011/04/23/the-pidjin-easter-special-2011/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)