Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

PLEASE NOTE:

MyNews24 is a user-generated section of News24.com. The stories here come from users.

Hanjo

Comments: 822
Article views: 12837

Latest Badges:

View all Hanjo's badges.

What if God was the evil one?

25 October 2012, 08:38

Firstly, I can’t take any credit for the writing you see below. I received a link on Facebook to this piece, which was originally a ‘Facebook note’ written by an American. (so excuse the references to American situations)  I got in contact with the author and received his consent to share it on MyNews24. 

I share this article mainly because I found it to be a very enjoyable and thought provoking read, I also agree with the author’s views completely and feel this is an interesting angle on the usual ‘theist vs atheist’ debate.

So Enjoy.

How does anybody know God is more moral than Satan? If it’s because the bible says so, then that is arbitrary and followers of the bible are basically just listening to God saying “I’m the good one, follow me.” If it’s due to observing actions and judging god’s actions to be better, then can’t we just use those standards to judge our actions, making god unnecessary? Besides, Satan hasn't even bothered authoring a book and telling his side of the story.

What if God was actually the evil one and Satan was in fact good? After all, God is responsible for 250 million deaths, while Satan is responsible for only 10, all of which God commanded of him. If something bad happens like an earthquake or a Tsunami, we tend to call it 'an act of god' not an 'act of the devil'. Why?

Read the rest here

Photo: What do you think about this? I think it's beautiful.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (31-40):
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting krysstizzle:

Me, too. :)

Quoting NWP:

popcorn

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor 

Quoting lizzielouaf:

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
masonmomma
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

interesting...

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

The sins of the father are shackles worn by the children?
I no more support slavery than I support infanticide.

He's God for god's sake, I'm sure he could have found another way around it than murdering babies in their bed.

Quoting Susan0805:

Their parents were wicked because they were enslaving God's people. God warned them to let his people go and they didnt. God saved the children who's parents obeyed him. You are for slavery and persecution then?

Quoting paganbaby:

Tell me, how many of those first born children were wicked and deserved death?

Quoting Susan0805:

God punished wicked people. We do too in our society.

Quoting paganbaby:

Because he murdered millions of people in the bible including innocent children and Satan didn't?

Quoting Susan0805:

Considering god's law expects people to love one another, follow rules, and be "good", why would anyone see him as bad?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Why would he need to have power over God?  If he's all good don't you think he would have given his life to try and prevent God from killing just one innocent life? 

Quoting paganbaby:

Since when did Satan have power over God?

Quoting 12hellokitty:

So why did Satan allow God to murder all those people? 

Quoting paganbaby:

Because he murdered millions of people in the bible including innocent children and Satan didn't?

Quoting Susan0805:

Considering god's law expects people to love one another, follow rules, and be "good", why would anyone see him as bad?

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Given his life? I didn't think angels could die.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Why would he need to have power over God?  If he's all good don't you think he would have given his life to try and prevent God from killing just one innocent life? 

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Susan0805:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM

That's only according to the bible.  You seem to be picking and choosing...

Quoting paganbaby:

Given his life? I didn't think angels could die.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Susan0805:

caito
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
4 moms liked this

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?  

Epicurus is my homeboy.

Susan0805
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM
God gave them warning to let his people go and they refused. During that time the first born was of high significance. I cant answer for God but I'm certain there must have been a reason in the scheme of things for what Goddid. I do wonder sometimes if God's actions where to give the slaves a chance at survive, while also punishing the wicked. I obviously cant know for sure as God didnt tell us why.
Quoting paganbaby:

The sins of the father are shackles worn by the children?
I no more support slavery than I support infanticide.

He's God for god's sake, I'm sure he could have found another way around it than murdering babies in their bed.

Quoting Susan0805:

Their parents were wicked because they were enslaving God's people. God warned them to let his people go and they didnt. God saved the children who's parents obeyed him. You are for slavery and persecution then?

Quoting paganbaby:

Tell me, how many of those first born children were wicked and deserved death?

Quoting Susan0805:

God punished wicked people. We do too in our society.

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting Susan0805:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN