Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A white supremacist pleaded guilty Friday to burning down his black neighbors' home in 2007.

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 28 Replies

January 19, 2013 12:21 PM
Share on

A white supremacist pleaded guilty Friday to burning down his black neighbors' home in 2007.

Brian James Moudry, 36, has pleaded guilty to setting fire to the home of black residents. (STMW)

Brian James Moudry, 36, of the 300 block of South Reed Street in Joliet, pleaded guilty to using fire to interfere with the housing rights on the basis of race, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney's office. He faces a maximum of 10 years in prison.

Brian Moudry, 35, had denied torching a house rented by a black family on his block about 4 a.m. June 17, 2007. Eight children had to move because of the alleged arson.

In the plea agreement, Moudry admitted to setting the fire because he was upset that an African-American rented a house on his block, according to the U.S. Attorney's office. He also admitted he intended to intimidate the owner and interfere to prevent African Americans from renting the property.

The ex-con has previously served time for hate crimes against African Americans, and has also claimed to be the leader of the Illinois branch of a far-right white hate group led by Matt Hale, who's serving a 40-year prison sentence after being convicted of asking a follower in 2002 to murder U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow.

Moudry's face, neck and arms are covered in racist tattoos.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Asshole.

Dzyre1115
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Well White Supremacists don't like black people, so while horrible, not surprising!

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:47 AM

A white supremacist trying to intimidate a black person.    He has pled guilty and will get what is coming to him as anyone else would.

babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
3 moms liked this
What an asshole the only people I hate are people who do stupid shit like that based on stupid thoughts and feelings.

It makes me sick these people exist. Racists that is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
In 2007 and today ...-it's disturbing they have so many followers and people that buy into their crap

Quoting babie113:

What an asshole the only people I hate are people who do stupid shit like that based on stupid thoughts and feelings.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Ten years is not enough.  Twenty years sounds about right.

babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I agree I really question the mental state of these people

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

In 2007 and today ...-it's disturbing they have so many followers and people that buy into their crap

Quoting babie113:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
4 moms liked this

With his previous convictions for the same thing, it's obvious that this guy thinks he did no wrong...I say life him, he's had plenty of chances...next time he might go bigger and take a life. And you know there will be a next time...sad...

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

JustCJ
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. There should be zero tolerance for people like this.

Quoting LucyMom08:

With his previous convictions for the same thing, it's obvious that this guy thinks he did no wrong...I say life him, he's had plenty of chances...next time he might go bigger and take a life. And you know there will be a next time...sad...

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

What I don't understand is why are people here on CM still wanting to post things like this, bringing up continuous issues between blacks & whites?  It's not like it is going to make things better.  It only fuels the fire.  We all know that racism is alive & well in this Country.  Whether it's a hate crime on a white or black, it's only going to bring up anger on BOTH sides.  So, why post something like this?   

It's a horrible thing to hear this still going on.  Especially, when we hear it today, MLK's B-day.  It's depressing.  We're not going to be able to change a White Supremacist OR a Black Panther minds.  But, as parents we can teach our children to treat EVERYONE with respect & that we ALL are equal.   

What is the purpose of posting this?  What I think it does is cause angry.  Then, a white person can put up another post, about what a black person did do a white person.  Does anyone really want this debate?  All this hatred all over again, here on CM?  IMO racism just isn't a subject to discuss.  I use to think perhaps it's good to talk about it.  But, from what I have read here on CM, it only ends up with hatred.  We all know that there's White Supremacist & Black Panthers.  Why go there? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)