Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is it about being Mommy

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM
  • 10 Replies
that makes people think we Do not Need help/a break, too? For the Past week and a half, the plan for DSs first day off from school was Gramma was going to take him until 2, as she used to before DS started school. She started doing It when I started working again and continued even after DH lost his job. giving DH a break 3 mornings A Week, and my parents took him 2 days (which also Started AFTER i went back to work). Back to today .. DH is feeling icky so I thought it a good idea to take the day off to, my plan was, take care of him and also have A bit of a me mental day since MiL would have DS. Except MiL backed out when she found out I was going to be home.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommieof4.2011
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this
dont feel bad! my twins are 8 months old and my mil has never offered to watch them, she watched them once when they were 3 minths for 2 hours bc i had to go to the er for an allergic tesction! she takes care of her other 4 grandkids, but never offers to even change a diaper for mine! my family lives 6 hours away, so shes the only help ive got, but i get none
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommieof4.2011
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:57 PM
allergic reaction
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'm in desperate need of a mental health break!

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Im sorry that happens to you and I know i am soooo lucky to have her help and should not complain. I was just frustrated and had to vent:)

Quoting mommieof4.2011:

dont feel bad! my twins are 8 months old and my mil has never offered to watch them, she watched them once when they were 3 minths for 2 hours bc i had to go to the er for an allergic tesction! she takes care of her other 4 grandkids, but never offers to even change a diaper for mine! my family lives 6 hours away, so shes the only help ive got, but i get none

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too!! I just need one no DH/no DS/no work day!!

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

I'm in desperate need of a mental health break!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrazyLife1996
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:06 PM
I actually forget to take me time. My focus is always my husband and children.

Last week I was trying to write an E-mail to an old friend that I just recently got back into contact with after 10yrs. My children kept mommying me and then my husband came home and wanted to talk. I told everyone to give me 10 mins to finish. In less than 5 my husband started talking about something else.
I ended up stopping and saving it.

The next day I was able to read a little bit of her blog ands realized I was envious of her being able to write her blog without interruption.

So I finally told my husband that I really need time to just do the few things without being interrupted. 30 mins Max.

It has worked so far but I still haven't finished that E-mail
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Does she know you feel this way? Sometimes people feel like they are over stepping boundaries when offering to take other people's kids. My sons other grandmother (not MIL, never married her son) used to take my son on the weekends almost every weekend. It got to a point where she felt entitled to have him and have a say in his upbringing (not advice, but like an actual seat at the table). That caused a rift. Some shit hit the fan with what my son was learning from her (old school/old country gender roles, like boys don't cry and are not supposed to wear certain kinds of clothing). So I cut her off for a good four months. She came around, apologized, and said she wouldn't over step like that again. And she hasn't. She now gets him one weekend a month. I feel that is fair. 

Personally, if I had grandkids, I would take them at every single opportunity. Especially if they were young, like babies. I love babies. The older they get the less fun they are for me. But that's just me. Maybe she doesn't want to. Keep that in mind. If she doesn't want to, she doesn't have to. 

LindaClement
by Linda on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:10 PM

I cannot tell you how happy I am that mil lives 4600 miles away.

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I don't have anyone but my sons father and my Dad to give me or us a break. We don't ever do anything together because one of us typically stays home w the boy. We don't speak to his family at all. Why do some Moms think other people are required to watch their kids?

That being said, I make sure I get me time, or I blow! I spend time w my girlfriends, go shopping while my sons in school....i make me time.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I only have my MIL, my mom passed away, but I am very lucky she is always wanting to give me a break and I appreciate her input on the kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured