Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: What would be your reaction while shopping if you saw someone carrying a gun?

Options:

No big deal.

You'd feel nervous/scared.

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
SWasson
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Basically this. On a random person, it looks like either, he's planning on shooting up the place, or he is paranoid (not someone I want carrying a rifle.)

Quoting GLWerth:

On a police officer, I'd be fine.

On a rent-a-cop, I'd be a little nervous.

On a random person, I'd be very uncomfortable. Too many people lack impulse control.

rfurlongg
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:53 PM
Yep. And just to add, if it was on a random person I would the store.

Quoting GLWerth:

On a random person, I'd be very uncomfortable. Too many people lack impulse control.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abbie.alder
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:56 PM

No big deal. I carry so I could defend myself if he/she was a nutcase.

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM

I said no problem as fear would not be my reaction under any circumstances. However, in this town my reactions would vary depending on where I am and if they had it in hand or were acting in an aggressive manner. This is a small town but it has large city crime issues such as daylight armed carjacking, armed robbery in the middle of the day, and home invasions. 

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I have only experience a fellow shopper armed once.  It was about 25 yrs ago in the boonies in Fla and she had a very long barreled revolver in a holster on her hip.  Tied to her leg and all.  I thought she looked odd.  *shrug*

greenie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Terrified.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:11 PM

This is not some country in the Middle East if I saw some random guy with an ASSULT weapon walking around I would feel very uneasy and leave. What the hell is someone doing in a jcpenny with an assult rifle.

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:13 PM

And right there is why I'd leave the store. A bunch of people with guns determined to "defend themselves". So, someone says something or bumps into random person wtih a gun and there are bullets flying.

No thank you.

Recently, there was an article posted about two men in line at a pizza place. One was complaining about slow service, so the other guy shot him.

Makes me feel so safe to think that everyone and their dog has a gun in hand.

Quoting abbie.alder:

No big deal. I carry so I could defend myself if he/she was a nutcase.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It depends. Is it sticking out of their shirt? Are they also covered in body armor? Are they holding it like they are getting ready to open fire?

In general, I'm not concerned with people carrying weapons. It's how they are acting while carrying the weapon that determines how uncomfortable I am. 

Erinelizz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:18 PM
I voted "other" for this exact reason.

Quoting GLWerth:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)