Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: What would be your reaction while shopping if you saw someone carrying a gun?

Options:

No big deal.

You'd feel nervous/scared.

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Replies (21-30):
autodidact
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Euphoric, I LOVE your NO cat cupcake avatar : )

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Thanks big smile mini

Quoting autodidact:

Euphoric, I LOVE your NO cat cupcake avatar : )

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
abbie.alder
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

OH wow way to twist things. I am just saying that I have a right to defend myself IF that person intends to start shooting. Not if I feel offended, but if they shoot first. And where is the link to this article?

Quoting GLWerth:

And right there is why I'd leave the store. A bunch of people with guns determined to "defend themselves". So, someone says something or bumps into random person wtih a gun and there are bullets flying.

No thank you.

Recently, there was an article posted about two men in line at a pizza place. One was complaining about slow service, so the other guy shot him.

Makes me feel so safe to think that everyone and their dog has a gun in hand.

Quoting abbie.alder:

No big deal. I carry so I could defend myself if he/she was a nutcase.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Paranoid. I don't trust people as it is.. seeing a chucklehead walking around with a weapon is enough to send me into a panic attack. 

ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Well it depends on what kind of gun they are carrying. If they have a hand gun in a holster on them I could care less. But if they are walking around with a large rifle or shotgun in a store (unless that store sells them and they are just buying it) then I would most Likly be a little uncomfortable since concealed permits are only for handgunds and no one should have anything larger with them in a store.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I believe I compared my reaction time in the JCPenney post to FloJo. If it's a random armed citizen I have no way of assessing if they're 1) sane 2) insane 3) fucking batshit nuts. That being said, especially if my kids are with me, I'm outta there.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM

If they are deliberating showing the gun....ask him if he is compensating for something small?

IMO if he is wearing it in a large shop showing it off...hes being a wanker.  A mentally impaired person with a bone to pick carrying a gun is going to kill you the first steps into the shop.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:44 PM

I would wonder what the hell was wrong with the person.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quoting abbie.alder:

No big deal. I carry so I could defend myself if he/she was a nutcase.

You hope you would be able to.  I hope I would be able to, if I was to carry a weapon in to a store.  We do not know for certain.

I hope, in your 'certainty' that you would not harm any one else along the way.

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:59 PM

It depends on the person, where I am, and how they are acting. My husband was armed all day yesterday, and I didn't even notice. If the person is waving it around, I'd be nervouse. But if they carried descretely like DH, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured