Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: What would be your reaction while shopping if you saw someone carrying a gun?

Options:

No big deal.

You'd feel nervous/scared.

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I live in Wyoming and occassionally see people open carry.  It doesnt phase me.

Not to sound bashy...but are you ladies just as afraid of all of the concealed carries you arent seeing?  There are tons of those.  If you saw me grocery shopping...I would look like the average mom...milk..bread...apples...   the only difference is I am also carrying a gun you cannot see.....are you afraid of me?

JacksMom1221
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM
If not a cop, I'd be very afraid. Just being honest. Maybe I'm expecting the worst but I see no reason for a person to be carrying a weapon around while shopping. Concealed, hidden in a car, I would be ok with that. But out in the open, especially a large assault weapon, I would leave quickly. I would feel like there was an intent to use it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Not to sound bashy...but are you ladies just as afraid of all of the concealed carries you arent seeing?  There are tons of those.  If you saw me grocery shopping...I would look like the average mom...milk..bread...apples...   the only difference is I am also carrying a gun you cannot see.....are you afraid of me?

I am afraid of everyone.. I assume everyone has a gun. Main reason why I have to take my anti anxiety meds before I leave my house. (except when I go shopping on post.. can't conceal carry there)

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I am afraid of everyone.. I assume everyone has a gun. Main reason why I have to take my anti anxiety meds before I leave my house. (except when I go shopping on post.. can't conceal carry there)

I am sorry.  I had difficulties leaving base after 9/11.  The anxiety can be crippling.  Mine got better with time.  I don't know your situation, but I hope yours gets better as well.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Quoting yourspecialkid:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting yourspecialkid:

I am sorry.  I had difficulties leaving base after 9/11.  The anxiety can be crippling.  Mine got better with time.  I don't know your situation, but I hope yours gets better as well.

I have been dealing with it since I was about 13 or 14. It got better when I moved back to my home state, then DH got stationed in Texas and it got bad again. So, about 93 or so.

I am glad that yours got better. I keep hoping mine will, but, it won't until we leave Ft hood.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:17 PM
In its holster on someone... No big deal.

Someone carrying a gun around In their hands... Wondering what they're doing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM
This. But, I think it depends where you live. I live in Philly and if I saw a random person with a gun in them... I'm hauling ass outta there!

Quoting GLWerth:

On a police officer, I'd be fine.

On a rent-a-cop, I'd be a little nervous.

On a random person, I'd be very uncomfortable. Too many people lack impulse control.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Well Said

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

It depends. Is it sticking out of their shirt? Are they also covered in body armor? Are they holding it like they are getting ready to open fire?

In general, I'm not concerned with people carrying weapons. It's how they are acting while carrying the weapon that determines how uncomfortable I am. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

wth is an ASSULT weapon?

Quoting Citygirlk:

This is not some country in the Middle East if I saw some random guy with an ASSULT weapon walking around I would feel very uneasy and leave. What the hell is someone doing in a jcpenny with an assult rifle.

tambrathegreat
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I'm sorry, with the crazies out there armed to the teeth, I'd call the cops and then get my happy arse out of there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN