Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Poll

Question: What would be your reaction while shopping if you saw someone carrying a gun?

Options:

No big deal.

You'd feel nervous/scared.

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 87

View Results

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Replies (41-50):
GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Here you go.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/18/randall-white-shot-little-caesars_n_2322256.html (took me a while to recall which chain it was).

Yes indeed, it is terrifying to have someone complain about service in a pizza place, so terrifying, in fact, that one must simply begin shooting.

It isn't twisting anything.

I avoid going out any more than necessary now that my state has concealed carry.

I particularly avoid anyplace that is likely to serve alcohol, as I've seen how little impulse control most people have when stone cold sober.

Quoting abbie.alder:

OH wow way to twist things. I am just saying that I have a right to defend myself IF that person intends to start shooting. Not if I feel offended, but if they shoot first. And where is the link to this article?

Quoting GLWerth:

And right there is why I'd leave the store. A bunch of people with guns determined to "defend themselves". So, someone says something or bumps into random person wtih a gun and there are bullets flying.

No thank you.

Recently, there was an article posted about two men in line at a pizza place. One was complaining about slow service, so the other guy shot him.

Makes me feel so safe to think that everyone and their dog has a gun in hand.

Quoting abbie.alder:

No big deal. I carry so I could defend myself if he/she was a nutcase.

SAM736
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:26 PM

It would not bother me if I could not see the gun!  I don't see any thing wrong with taking a gun in to a store as long as it is not seen.   What if there was some other person that had a gun who was trying to hurt people in the store and some other guy had a gun in his coat pocket why shopping and stopped the bad guy by shooting him in the leg.  It would stop the person who was trying to use the gun to kill people.  Right?

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:28 PM

This exactly.

Quoting GLWerth:

On a police officer, I'd be fine.

On a rent-a-cop, I'd be a little nervous.

On a random person, I'd be very uncomfortable. Too many people lack impulse control.

motherslove82
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:41 PM

No big deal. I carry mine when I shop all the time. I doubt if anyone would ever know.

mamoore83
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:44 PM
This

Quoting GLWerth:

On a random person, I'd be very uncomfortable. Too many people lack impulse control.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM

That is one incident with millions of armed people out there. I'm sure you have been in stores full of weapons. You probably never knew.

Quoting GLWerth:

And right there is why I'd leave the store. A bunch of people with guns determined to "defend themselves". So, someone says something or bumps into random person wtih a gun and there are bullets flying.

No thank you.

Recently, there was an article posted about two men in line at a pizza place. One was complaining about slow service, so the other guy shot him.

Makes me feel so safe to think that everyone and their dog has a gun in hand.

Quoting abbie.alder:

No big deal. I carry so I could defend myself if he/she was a nutcase.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I aint gonna lie.... It may freak me out a bit.....  

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Quoting Peanutx3:

Honestly? It would depend on what the person looked like and what my gut was telling me. 

This.

maciymommieof3
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:49 PM

babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM

this

Quoting GLWerth:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)