Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Missouri mom outraged after school reportedly tells daughter to get breast reduction to stop harassment

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
  • 11 Replies

A Missouri mother is outraged after her daughter's school district allegedly suggested the 13-year-old get a breast reduction to stop bullying.  

Tammie Jackson said her daughter, a sixth-grade student at Central Middle School is being sexually harassed because of her breast size, Fox2Now.com reported.

When Jackson called the school district to complain she said a woman suggested to me, "to have my daughter get a breast reduction," she told Fox2Now.com.

The school district tells the news site that the incident is still being investigated.

The school also said they are working to counsel students to resolve other bullying issues.

Jackson, who also claims her 9-year-old son is bullied for scars on his chest from a heart condition, wants the school to "talk with the kids."

"Let them know people's bodies are changing, everyone is different, but God made us all great," she told Fox2Now.com.

Jackson also said the superintendent has reached out to say they are working on a plan to resolve the issues regarding both of her children.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/19/missouri-mom-outraged-after-school-reportedly-tells-daughter-to-get-breast/?intcmp=obinsite#ixzz2IiicXsbi

Thoughts?

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac.
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caito
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

wtf.

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Yes that was my initial reaction.

Quoting caito:

wtf.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow. How disrespectful. I think that person should have their ass fired.

parentalrights1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this
I've never been to a school that took bullying seriously, nor one that didnt put unrealistic responsibility in the victim.

"Okay parentalrights1. You two just need to get along."

No fucking shit Sherlock. I'm not asking to be bullied, the asshole does it because they can and they aren't going to get along with me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bookwormy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
100% inappropriate. Poor show. School district better be thankful that wasn't my DD, or they would be facing a lawsuit.
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

The bullies need brain surgery.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting parentalrights1:

I've never been to a school that took bullying seriously, nor one that didnt put unrealistic responsibility in the victim.

No fucking shit Sherlock. I'm not asking to be bullied, the asshole does it because they can and they aren't going to get along with me

Our school district is pretty strict about bullying. I know they have talks and my first grader could tell you how wrong it is. I know when my husband went to school, there was a kid that had been sent to the principal's office for bullying. 

parentalrights1
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM
Me and my bullies were in the principals office every five minutes. Sending a kid to te office doesn't equal doing something about it. That's where they would feed us the bs about how we need to get alog and would make no further effort to make sure the bullying stopped. They would make it both of our fault and say we needed to try harder. I can try much harder than ignoring them, which doesn't work

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting parentalrights1:

Our school district is pretty strict about bullying. I know they have talks and my first grader could tell you how wrong it is. I know when my husband went to school, there was a kid that had been sent to the principal's office for bullying. 

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL

Quoting futureshock:

The bullies need brain surgery.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

This does not surprise me in the least.  More and more, the adults are the ones who help further along the bullying of some of the students.  I would have been in that office if some one ever dare make a suggestion like that in regards to my daughter.

When I was 13, the kids called me 'Big Al'.  I was already a C cup.  My 13 year old daughter is as well. *sigh*  Thankfully, she is not bullied about it as many of the other girls are right there with her.  My 18 year old is a DD.  They come by it naturally.

This school, this district, needs to get a grip on the adults and the children and if the parents can't get on board with their kids, this will be a long, long road.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN