Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If your hands are too fat to fit into a can of Pringles you probably shouldn't be eating them

That's my confession for the day.

Pringles are not a reasonable food or source of nutrition. I completely passed judgement on that man, but I didn't voice it.

I really need help quashing my inner, negative judgement.

:sigh:

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Replies (31-38):
paknari
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Guess I don't have that issue. I'm overweight and I can still see almost all of the bones in my hands. My wrists too. I'm not morbidly obese though.

Quoting jllcali:

I have seen many people with an excessive amount of adipose tissue on their hands. Everyone has a small amount of subcutaneous fat on their hands and feet. Morbidly obese people tend to have excessive amounts than more so than others. People can also accumulate excessive amounts of adipose tissue around their genitals, to the point where finding said genitals takes more effort than it should.

I'm in the medical field, and some things once seen cannot be unseen.

Quoting paknari:

Uhmmmm my hands are too big to fit in a can of Pringles even if

I'm really skinny. I have pretty big hands. I think Pringles are gross but I'm pretty sure it's hard to make your hands fat. I've never gained weight in my hands. Wouldn't that be like gaining weight in your vagina?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paknari
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM
That's from excess water and water retention usually from your heart working too hard right? Bit it's not actually fat per se. Not that I'm arguing but you can be overweight and pretty healthy or just plain fat and sick.

Quoting jllcali:

Your hands can get edematous, which is usually caused by a medical problem such as congestive heart failure.

Quoting paknari:

I always thought that was from internal problems like kidney or liver from not eating right. I've never really bloated like that because I drink a lot of water. But maybe it's just genetics. My fingers are skinny and I have slender hands but I still have big hands. More wide and long than fat.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting paknari:

I'm really skinny. I have pretty big hands. I think Pringles are gross but I'm pretty sure it's hard to make your hands fat. I've never gained weight in my hands. Wouldn't that be like gaining weight in your vagina?

My hands have always been slender, even when the rest of me has not.

There are people, however, who do indeed gain weight, per se, in their hands.  I see it daily.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM
More like your heart can't work well enough. Edema is not fat, it's basically too much body water where it shouldn't be, it can happen in the feet, legs hands arms, even the face. Sometimes the abdomen. It can't also be caused by conditions other than CHF.

Quoting paknari:

That's from excess water and water retention usually from your heart working too hard right? Bit it's not actually fat per se. Not that I'm arguing but you can be overweight and pretty healthy or just plain fat and sick.

Quoting jllcali:

Your hands can get edematous, which is usually caused by a medical problem such as congestive heart failure.

Quoting paknari:

I always thought that was from internal problems like kidney or liver from not eating right. I've never really bloated like that because I drink a lot of water. But maybe it's just genetics. My fingers are skinny and I have slender hands but I still have big hands. More wide and long than fat.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting paknari:

My hands have always been slender, even when the rest of me has not.

There are people, however, who do indeed gain weight, per se, in their hands.  I see it daily.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaughingTattoo
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Reminds me of what my husband said about a very severely obese woman we saw on an Amigo at the grocery store......she was stretching to reach the economy bag of m and ms "If you cant reach the candy, you dont need it lol. I smacked him but the inner evil me agree'd. Sometimes I wish I could smack myself

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I had the same problem once! Except I am not a petite person. This woman was probably twice my size and I'm 5'10" and 200 lbs. She sat beside me on the bus even though there were empty seats everywhere, proceeded to cough all over the seat in front of us, and sneeze into her hands and then grab the pole. She got off at the mcdonald's by my work and I had to quash my inner judgemental voice. I am in no position to judge really, but sometimes my inner judgemental woman doesn't listen to me.

Quoting NWP:

Hahahaa! Sometimes you just can't help it. When I used to ride the LIE to work, it never failed that the largest person on the train would seek me out to sit next to so that they could spill into my seat (I am a petite person)...One guy used to sit down and balance his bear bottle on top of his belly. He would fall asleep and I would spend the trip trying to tilt that bottle back upright so it wouldn't spill on me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I'm overweight, I can still see all the bones in my hands, but my ring size has gone up two sizes since gaining weight. When I'm at a decent healthy weight I'm a 5, but at 80 lbs overweight I'm at a 7. It's a loose 7 but still a 7.

Quoting paknari:

Guess I don't have that issue. I'm overweight and I can still see almost all of the bones in my hands. My wrists too. I'm not morbidly obese though.

Quoting jllcali:

I have seen many people with an excessive amount of adipose tissue on their hands. Everyone has a small amount of subcutaneous fat on their hands and feet. Morbidly obese people tend to have excessive amounts than more so than others. People can also accumulate excessive amounts of adipose tissue around their genitals, to the point where finding said genitals takes more effort than it should.

I'm in the medical field, and some things once seen cannot be unseen.

Quoting paknari:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM

If you can't get your hand inside, just turn it over and dump them into your hand, they really want them.

If you have to drive in cart around the grocery store because you are too fat too walk, shouldn't you be walking and trying to get some of the weight off and leave those carts for people that have a real disability?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

rolling on floor

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN