Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

BREAKING NOW Another school shooting Texas College UPDATE multiple people shot, looking for a second person!

Posted by   + Show Post
On CNN now Texas college on lockdown due to shooting
Shooter has not been caught.

www.lonestar.edu/northharris.htm
news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/01/22/shooting-reported-at-texas-college/?hpt=hp_t3

Gunman reported at Texas college
Gunman reported at a Lone Star College campus in Houston, Texas
School has asked students to take shelter, school spokesman says
Below are the latest updates as they come to us

[Updated at 2:28 p.m. ET] The FBI and ATF have sent agents to assist local authorities with an incident at Lone Star College according to Shauna Dunlop with FBI Houston and Franceska Perot with ATF Houston.

[Updated at 2:27 p.m. ET] A witness told CNN affiliate KPRC that she hid underneath her desk while she heard five or six gunshots at Lone Star College.

[Updated at 2:26 p.m. ET] One person has been transported to Houston Northwest Medical Center, according to spokeswoman Ashley Walton.

She would not give any further details about the patient.

[Updated at 2:14 p.m. ET] Students were filing out of what CNN affiliate KHOU reports is the library on campus.

[Updated at 2:10 p.m. ET] Video from CNN affiliate KPRC shows law enforcement personnel herding people from one part of the campus to another.

[Updated at 2:02 p.m. ET] Students at a Lone Star College campus in Houston have been asked to take shelter after reports of a gunman on campus, a school spokesman said.

More than 10,000 students are at the North Harris campus of Lone Star College, spokesman Jed Young said.

[Initial post, 1:50 p.m. ET] A shooting has been reported at a Lone Star College campus in Houston, Texas, CNN affiliates KTRK and KPRC reported.

Footage from KPRC showed a large number of law enforcement personnel on campus, and at least two people being wheeled on gurneys toward ambulances.

This story is developing. We'll post more details as we get them.
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (31-40):
stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:17 PM

What about throwing knives, other such knives,axes,and swords? The ones I have were not created for any purpose but defense.

The reason I ask is it seems preception of what is dangerous changes when you speak of knives or guns, do you feel that is true?

Quoting cjsbmom:

I get so tired of this old argument. Cars were not made with the intention of killing people and animals. Guns were. End of story.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

There was an 86 car pileup where I live yesterday, one lady was killed & they had to perform CPR on a child, should we ban cars? It's easier to get a drivers license than a CCP after all.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Joqui:

This is not like the other school shootings.

Apparently two guys were fighting both pulled out guns. 3 people were hurt, one of the shooters got away

This situation was made easier by Texas' lax gun laws. Everyone can own a gun, and you can carry concealed without too much effort legally. This is what happens when everyone is armed, and then they lose their tempers.

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac.
stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:18 PM

It is my understanding they always assume both the same way. Both of them are potential perpetrators.

Quoting SweetChild63:

So you've got two people shooting at each other. Cops roll up... how do they decide who is the good guy and who is the bad guy?

SparklingHope
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:22 PM

I saw texas college and had to read it..I started trippin..My sister goes to college in Texas..but it wasn't the one I thought. She goes to Baylor. Hope no lives are lost. 

elliephant
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

the good guy is wearing the white hat of course!

Quoting SweetChild63:

So you've got two people shooting at each other. Cops roll up... how do they decide who is the good guy and who is the bad guy?

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Already told her that and she came up with another excuse, so I gave up.

Quoting cjsbmom:

I get so tired of this old argument. Cars were not made with the intention of killing people and animals. Guns were. End of story.

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

There was an 86 car pileup where I live yesterday, one lady was killed & they had to perform CPR on a child, should we ban cars? It's easier to get a drivers license than a CCP after all.

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Joqui:

Apparently two guys were fighting both pulled out guns. 3 people were hurt, one of the shooters got away

This situation was made easier by Texas' lax gun laws. Everyone can own a gun, and you can carry concealed without too much effort legally. This is what happens when everyone is armed, and then they lose their tempers.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

How awful.

greenie63
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:29 PM

And people don't want stricter gun control huh? Many in Texas, where guns like a common household item. 

GLWerth
by Gina on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Of course, you're totally shocked about that, right?

Quoting Sisteract:

In TX- 

Quoting elliephant:

its refreshing to know that guns are not the problem! (sarcasm)

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything can be made dangerous in the wrong hands, even a pencil. You just hear more about guns because they seem to be the weapon of choice when crimes are committed.

Quoting stormcris:

What about throwing knives, other such knives,axes,and swords? The ones I have were not created for any purpose but defense.

The reason I ask is it seems preception of what is dangerous changes when you speak of knives or guns, do you feel that is true?

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting MiddleAgeMess:

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting Joqui:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quoting Sisteract:

In TX- 

Quoting elliephant:

its refreshing to know that guns are not the problem! (sarcasm)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)