Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's so cold...*share your strategies for dealing*

Posted by   + Show Post

... my feet are still cubes, even with an extra blanket on.

Tomorrow it will feel like -1° here in Philadelphia metro area, with wind chill factored in.

The worst thing about it for me is being stuck inside.

I am pretty intrepidation and will go out in very cold weather, like I did today & earlier this week when it was in the teens. 

But not in high blustery winds AND very cold temps.

So tomorrow I shall try to keep myself busy, so as to ward off cabin fever.

What do you do to pass those times when it's so cold outside you're stuck inside?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
MommaGreenhalge
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:47 AM
I live in Louisiana, that's how I deal with it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:37 AM
I am giggling a little, considering the policy at school here is outdoor recess until its lower than -10.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM

It doesn't get cold enough to keep me inside.  Just dress warm.  Ice Armor and Steger Mukluks.

LilrockerMama
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:04 AM
It's been in the 60s or so here. I feel bad for complaining now... Lol. We have central heat and air but I don't think it works great so we have a few little space heaters and I bring it to whatever room I'm in and cold... But at night there is one in each of the kids' room. Sex can help, lol.

You guys are tough! It's 35 and I'm all bundled up and shivering lol. I'm a pansy!
radioheid
by Libertarian on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:39 AM
I'm an adventurer, so weather absolutely doesn't phase me. I'm training for the Mohican Trail Marathon (in other words, a marathon through the woods, over streams, mountain, etc) in June, so I'm at the gym twice a day, morning and evening. Yesterday morning the wind chill was -10 when I went out. My bedroom is in the 50s. I dont usually self-promote, but when it comes to weather, I'm fucking hardcore. Give me a jacket and a stocking cap, and I'm good to go about my day. And no icecube feet for me - I wear insulated work boots out and about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Fireplace and lots of free wood.
steffielou_who
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:57 AM

lol.. DH and I cuddle.. It's been feeling like the negatives the past few days here with the wind chill and that's about all we have done... lol.. My house gets so cold once it hits a certain temperature..

btamilee
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM

My pellet stove has been going non stop for a week.  I shut it down long enough to clean it, then fire it back up again.  We have a new oil furnace, and it is having a difficult time keeping up with this cold, so the pellet stove helps take the edge off!  I do have to laugh at schools being cancelled because of the cold.....I have never seen that happen here in Maine.  Hell.....it takes ice or a lot of snow (usually over 8 inches), before they will cancel here!  Tomorrows forecast....air temp of 8 below zero, and wind chills of 28 BELOW ZERO.  Just a tad chilly.....

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM

I cook! Soups, stews, anything else that required the oven too! Helps keep it warm and it's warm for mah belly too!

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I got hubby to take the kids to school today whoopiee lol and I will try and stay warm with cooking, and laundry today.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)