Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's so cold...*share your strategies for dealing*

Posted by   + Show Post

... my feet are still cubes, even with an extra blanket on.

Tomorrow it will feel like -1° here in Philadelphia metro area, with wind chill factored in.

The worst thing about it for me is being stuck inside.

I am pretty intrepidation and will go out in very cold weather, like I did today & earlier this week when it was in the teens. 

But not in high blustery winds AND very cold temps.

So tomorrow I shall try to keep myself busy, so as to ward off cabin fever.

What do you do to pass those times when it's so cold outside you're stuck inside?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Replies (21-30):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I have been cooking a lot of soups. A soup-a-day. And baking. too. Anything to keep the oven on!

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM

This..well, except the get drunk part..lol

I do a lot of baking..bread, cakes, turkey and roast dinners.

Pull out all the craft ideas I've accumulated , turn on the cd player and go to town crafting!

Quoting Arroree:

Do some arts and crafts, a cold snap is a good time to start a new hobby, get some baking done *this doubles as warming up your house*, watch that backlog of movies/shows you've been putting off, read a few good books, rearrange your furniture.

Or do what many Alaskans do, get drunk and have sex :)

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:20 AM

It will be 74 today.   The windows are open.

I wish we had cold weather.

Then again, I can plant tomatoes in a few weeks.

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Show off! ;)

Quoting talia-mom:

It will be 74 today.   The windows are open.

I wish we had cold weather.

Then again, I can plant tomatoes in a few weeks.

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM
It has been below zero here since Sunday. I would stay in but I have to buy gas so I don't have a gasline freeze up and drive to my daughters home every day to watch her 18 month old while she's at work. Then I need groceries too. At night I wear warm sweats and socks and a blanket. I sleep in them too. I hate winter. Today's high will be 2below zero.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Me too. I baked chicken. After dinner I baked oatmeal cookies. Tonight I'm baking lasagna.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

I have been cooking a lot of soups. A soup-a-day. And baking. too. Anything to keep the oven on!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LDavis33
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm in Manitoba, Canada and it is -40 (farenheit and celsuis) with the windchill (about -17 farenheit without).

My strategy... stay the hell indoors.  Seriously, during cold snaps like this I will stay in my house for days on end.  Of course, I'm a SAHM so it's not that difficult to do.  I bake, cook, snuggle with my kids, watch movies, catch up with family on the phone and, of course, spend time on cafemom.

Of course if I absolutely have to venture out, I warm up my vehicle, make sure I have everything I might need in case of an emergency (gloves, hats, snowsuits, water, snacks, cell phone, etc), and make the most out of the trip.  We live in the country and breaking down in this kind of weather could be dangerous. 

IntactivistMama
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Near 60f here today. When it
Is cold: hot tea. Wool wear. Netflix. Knitting/crocheting etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lottie925
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Hot shower or tub. Slippers. 

TerriAnne2606
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Her AC is probably on as well.  But, I have an extra room.  Come on over!

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Quoting glitterteaz:

It was 80 degrees here in Tx today. I feel cold maybe a half month of the entire year.

Do you have a guest room? 

If not, then shut up!! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured