Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

It's so cold...*share your strategies for dealing*

Posted by   + Show Post

... my feet are still cubes, even with an extra blanket on.

Tomorrow it will feel like -1° here in Philadelphia metro area, with wind chill factored in.

The worst thing about it for me is being stuck inside.

I am pretty intrepidation and will go out in very cold weather, like I did today & earlier this week when it was in the teens. 

But not in high blustery winds AND very cold temps.

So tomorrow I shall try to keep myself busy, so as to ward off cabin fever.

What do you do to pass those times when it's so cold outside you're stuck inside?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I do a lot of baking when it is really cold.  The oven helps warm the house and I can stash baked goods and a couple of casseroles in the freezer for later.

I also like to turn on the fireplace and curl up on the couch with a fuzzy blanket and a book.

When I get really cold I take a super hot bath or shower.  We put one of those heated mattress protectors on our bed..I like to turn it on and go take a hot bath right before bed....I start out nice and toasty.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

*whistle*

Quoting toomanypoodles:
Quoting Goodwoman614:
Quoting toomanypoodles:

It's pretty cold here, but the past few weeks I have been having horrible hot flashes, so I'm actually keeping the heater off.  My family is layering up their clothes and sitting down with down-filled lap quilts to stay warm, while I sit here half neckid. 

Which half, lol??

sorry...I'm a bit punchy ;)

lol.  I'm covered---but just barely.  ;)

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting toomanypoodles:

.  My family is layering up their clothes and sitting down with down-filled lap quilts to stay warm, while I sit here half neckid. 

Sounds like me when I was pregnant. I had the AC up full blast, tank top & shorts...my family was wearing sweatshirts complaining that it was cold.

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm wearing a lot of clothing right now. And two blankets. And I have tea here. And the dog is somewhere under me. And I'm still fucking freezing! 

I'll sit on the heater sometimes when the cold starts to ache my joints. 

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Not leaving the house unless I have to! lol I hate winter!

dustinsmom1
by JENN on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Was -10 when i got up. Bundled up the boy took him to school. now im on the couch under a blanket, w a 70 pound dog on my feet and a 6 lb cat on my chest lol.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I watch movies, clean, bake, read, write, do word searches, play on cm.

stykir
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

i'm in the pittsburgh area and it's been about that cold around here for the last few days. we finally warmed up to 25 today! i don't mind being in the house. we used to live in a trailer where it was always too cold. our new house is comfortable even though it's cold outside. but we just do a lot of movies cuddled up under blankies on the couch together! 

we also get some outside time just cause we gotta get to school, so we just bundle up big time. we're walkers and that has been our biggest obstacle this week. 

Idntreallycare
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

its -6 today in central NY..... sweatshirts and blankets seem to do the trick. Luckily my MIL bought my husband a very warm coat before we met and he refuses to wear it so I wear it for the bus stop.... 

luvmymunchkins3
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM

im in lansdale pa its freaking cold i have our heat turned up to 76 and we just try and stay under the blankets to keep warm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN