Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (81-90):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:02 AM
What if you use shampoo after going through all this, say at the salon. Do you have to start over?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM

OH! I forgot to mention the power of brushing!! I brush my hair really, really good with my head upside down every night before bed and rub coconut oil/vitamin e oil mixture on my ends. When I wake up in the morning, I have movie star hair... tons of body and shine, lots of volume and the roots look clean as a whistle... even on day 3 or 4. If I get too lazy to brush.. I wake up with tangly, stringier and greasier hair and need to wash sooner. Brushing is my biggest tip to lengthen the time between washings! It redistributes the oils.

wink

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

I think that's why it took me so long to adjust, because I kept trying to stretch out my washings to once a week. When I finally started just washing when I felt I needed to, I became so happy with my hair and happy with the method. I wash every 3 to 4 days. By day 3, I feel like I have dirty hair. But surprisingly it still looks good until day 4. If I have an important date or event but I'm not due for a washing yet (but want my hair to look fresh), I'll wash with a more diluted mixture of baking soda.

Quoting TranquilMind:

I'm not really oily anymore but you bring up this good point.  I also want to know how you get past the smell?  If I don't scrub my head, by day 3, it does not smell good. 

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

Quoting wickedfiress:

I have tried twice to do this. I cant get past the "super oily" stage when your body is regulating the lack of need to produce as much oil. I get to day 5 or 6 and I cant stand it anymore.

It took my hair months to adjust... I just used baby powder on oily days as a "dry shampoo", to help stretch the days between washings. But now I just go ahead and wash when it's too oily. Every third day is the usual for me and it seems to work well.

Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM

No. I don't need it. I only wash my hair twice a week anyways.

Ang9403
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:04 AM
Bump
ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I don't let my hair stylist wash my hair. She is used to me though. She says my hair feels so healthy and she always complements it. I have read online, that if people on no-'poo get their hair washed at a salon, there is a short adjustment period to get things back on track (like a week or two).

Quoting NWP:

What if you use shampoo after going through all this, say at the salon. Do you have to start over?

Kitschy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I went no poo over six months ago. Totally changed my hair.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
viv212
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Really?? I don't know... I would like to say ill try it but I know I probably never will. What is this method for? What does it repair exactly?

Quoting cjsix:

Quoting viv212:

Oh I don't think I can ever do this. I hate the way people's hair smells when they don't wash their hair everyday. No offense. I'll stick with my Biolage.

My hair actually smells really good and I have been doing no poo for about 9mos now. The apple cider vinegar smell goes away as it drys and vinegar is a natural deodorizer,disinfectant and softener. I have heard that some moms add essential oils in a fragrance they like to the vinegar...I haven't but, have though about it and wondered about doing it.

ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM

I know I am one of your followers! I'm a cupcake fanatic and I saw your kitschy sink post. :) This is my cupcake business: www.facebook.com/mysticalcupcakes

Quoting Kitschy:

Kitschy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll check it out when I'm not on mobile!

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

I know I am one of your followers! I'm a cupcake fanatic and I saw your kitschy sink post. :) This is my cupcake business: www.facebook.com/mysticalcupcakes

Quoting Kitschy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Goodwoman614
by Satan on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:25 AM

No thanks. I have fine, straight hair & really oily skin & scalp, & it gets smelly by the end of the day, & that's w/ shampooing every day.

but it's not damaged, even though I color it...I use daily conditioner on the ends & once a week or so deep condition. My hair looks fine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN