Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (231-239):
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:28 PM

My hair feels a little dry the day after I BC wash it. I have solved the problem with a little (and I mean VERY little) coconut oil applied to my ends after I wash while my hair is still wet. It makes a big difference and my hair looks great! But if I use too much CCO, then I find I need to wash sooner rather than later...so err on the side of not enough.

Quoting Mandy_B:

So I am working on doing this whole 'no poo' thing and I actually made it four days without shampooing my hair.  Last night I had to do the baking soda was and ACV rinse.  The BS was never got "slippery" as others have discribed it and I only used 1Tbl per cup of water.  I even boiled my water to help with the hard water issues.  The ACV was the same ratio as the BS wash and I even added some Rosemary to steep for two days and some lavender EO to help with the odor.  I let my hair air dry and this morning my end are not terrible but I dont feel soft or really oily I kinda feel dry and easily tangled...if you know what I mean.  So I am not sure if I had too much BS in my was or not enough ACV in my conditioner or if I need to add a hydrant such as honey to the ACV conditioner?  I would love to hear your thougths!

Neon Washable Paint

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I skipped the greasy stage by just washing it whenever it got greasy:/ But my hair is on the dry side anyway.

I do the BC wash about every 3 or 4 days now.

Quoting Sisteract:

I have tried this but could never get beyond the greasy stage.

Neon Washable Paint

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Washing with the BS and rinsing with the ACV and water?

Quoting NWP:

I skipped the greasy stage by just washing it whenever it got greasy:/ But my hair is on the dry side anyway.

Quoting Sisteract:

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Yes, BS, not BC. LOL

Quoting Sisteract:

Washing with the BS and rinsing with the ACV and water?

Quoting NWP:

Quoting Sisteract:

Neon Washable Paint

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Jun. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I tried this a few years ago.  I got to three weeks and my hair was disgusting.  Maybe I was doing it wrong but I won't be trying again for a while. 

IndigoRose
Our dog is so happy with her new house!
Today at 1:34 PM
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:29 AM

throwing upI  can't stand having dirty hair.  I don't care how good it looks.  If it's not clean I don't want any part of it.  This is not Victorian times when people were more used to body odors.  

ToriBabe1221
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Lol
No poo =/= dirty hair
Nor does it smell

Quoting IndigoRose:

throwing upI  can't stand having dirty hair.  I don't care how good it looks.  If it's not clean I don't want any part of it.  This is not Victorian times when people were more used to body odors.  

IndigoRose
Our dog is so happy with her new house!
Today at 1:34 PM
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Lol
No poo =/= dirty hair
Nor does it smell

Quoting IndigoRose:

One of my closest friends is a beautician. She says that she can always tell who are no poo girls as soon as they get within breathing distance.
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Quoting IndigoRose:

Quoting ToriBabe1221:

Lol
No poo =/= dirty hair
Nor does it smell

Quoting IndigoRose:

One of my closest friends is a beautician. She says that she can always tell who are no poo girls as soon as they get within breathing distance.

I doubt it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured