Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

No 'Poo Method BEFORE & AFTER!!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
  • 239 Replies
1 mom liked this

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lokilover
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Ha Ha Ha

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I have tried twice to do this. I cant get past the "super oily" stage when your body is regulating the lack of need to produce as much oil. I get to day 5 or 6 and I cant stand it anymore.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:41 AM
Quoting wickedfiress:

I have tried twice to do this. I cant get past the "super oily" stage when your body is regulating the lack of need to produce as much oil. I get to day 5 or 6 and I cant stand it anymore.

It took my hair months to adjust... I just used baby powder on oily days as a "dry shampoo", to help stretch the days between washings. But now I just go ahead and wash when it's too oily. Every third day is the usual for me and it seems to work well.
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:49 AM

I did it for almost a year.  Just went back to shampoo and conditioner about 2 weeks ago.

My hair was fine with the no-poo method but recently my scalp has been getting dry and dandruffy and using coconut oil wasn't working so I reverted back to my previous ways. 

lga1965
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:58 AM
2 moms liked this
No thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM
8 moms liked this

Your hair is beautiful.

There is no way I could ever do this.  I don't have the patience to wait out oily hair and hate putting baby powder on it.

I will continue with my Pantene, and if that makes me bad, then baby, I'm bad....

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I really want to try this...I only wash my hair every three days now because it just isn't very oily and it looks terribly dry after I use shampoo even with heavy conditioners. I color treat and it gets very very dry.

What, exactly is the ACV mixture? What does ACV stand for?

FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:33 AM

ACV = Apple cider vinegar.

White vinegar worked better for my hair.  I used approx. 1 T. of vinegar to a cup of water when I used it.  You can increase/decrease the amount of vinegar depending on how it works for you.

Quoting NWP:

I really want to try this...I only wash my hair every three days now because it just isn't very oily and it looks terribly dry after I use shampoo even with heavy conditioners. I color treat and it gets very very dry.

What, exactly is the ACV mixture? What does ACV stand for?

Atheist Mama?  Join us!

How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by children.  Charles Darwin

kameka
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I use a sulfate free shampoo on my scalp and a sulfate free conditioner on my hair once, sometimes twice a week. I've wanted to try the no poo method but I just can't get past putting acv in my hair - I can't stand that smell lol
colins_mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm gonna try it, i just have to get the balls to do it first
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)