Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (121-130):
cristina1122
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Saving my place
kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:24 AM
I saw this pic on a website when you google no poo one time.ummm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashers_mommy99
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:56 PM

I put it on pinterest, maybe that's why... ?

Quoting kaylasmom22:

I saw this pic on a website when you google no poo one time.ummm

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:03 AM

hot rollers do that to my hair too! I love my professional shampoos and conditioners!

Sirime
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I read of this on Pinterest! Is it true does it really work? But are you supposed to do it temporarily or for ever? Ugh I need my hair to smell great though! Lol 

teracheri
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I am about 8 or 9 days into it and my hair is getting really oily, and has been super staticky since day 1. I am hoping it will all go away soon... has anyone had issues with static and how did you deal with it? And for those who have stuck it out, how long did it take your hair to get past the super oily stage? I have heard as little as 2 weeks, to as long as 6 months... I really hope it doesn't take THAT long!

needadvice1983
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Eww no thank you. Give me my shampoo and conditioner any day! We don't live in the 1700's anymore. We do't have to have "homemade" remedies for everything. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:40 PM

I have tried it.

It didn't work.

I suspect it works best with people who don't have really, really greasy hair.

Marissa_j
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I have been using the No Poo for about 1 month. When I shower everyday, I wash my hair with the first (BS) method solution, and use the WV conditioner solution. I started cutting back washing my hair with this mixture to every 2-3 days. I have naturally thin, straight hair, and after starting this, the volume has increased dramatically! For the past few days maybe a week, my hair is feeling thick and waxy, like it has residue in it on top and VERY Dry, but then on the bottom it gets oily very quick.I don’t know if it could be I’m using too much or too little when I wash, or washing too much. I made sure today I rinsed very well, because I read it could be that I haven’t rinsed good, well that didn’t help, it still is the same. Any suggestions or help?

afwifeandmommy3
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM
If I didn't color my hair I might
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)