Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (191-200):
MissTacoBell
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Your hair looks dirty in the second pic. :-(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mishibishi7
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Omg...really?

Quoting MissTacoBell:

Your hair looks dirty in the second pic. :-(

mishibishi7
by Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I found this page the other day when I was doing more research on this and found it extremely helpful and answered a lot of my questions:

http://thehairpin.com/2011/04/how-to-quit-shampoo-without-becoming-disgusting
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:19 PM

There is so much out there so thanks for the link....I skipped step number 2 and went straight to step #3 and never experienced the greasy hair phase. Also I don't make a paste with the BS. I add about a teaspoon to about 1/2 cup water, shake the jar until it is dissolved, pour it over my roots then scrub. I also mix it up fresh instead of storing it. It doesn't take long to do.

Quoting mishibishi7:

I found this page the other day when I was doing more research on this and found it extremely helpful and answered a lot of my questions:

Neon Washable Paint

mishibishi7
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:01 AM
Yeah I was thinking about skipping step 2 as well...lol!

Quoting NWP:

There is so much out there so thanks for the link....I skipped step number 2 and went straight to step #3 and never experienced the greasy hair phase. Also I don't make a paste with the BS. I add about a teaspoon to about 1/2 cup water, shake the jar until it is dissolved, pour it over my roots then scrub. I also mix it up fresh instead of storing it. It doesn't take long to do.

Quoting mishibishi7:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 6:43 AM

How does it work when you use a ton of sticky stuff in your hair to spike it?

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Yeah, it seems like I wound up in the same exact place...so I don't see the point of #2.

What I am doing right now seems to be working just fine. This will probably be my routine from here out.

Quoting mishibishi7:

Yeah I was thinking about skipping step 2 as well...lol!

Quoting NWP:

Quoting mishibishi7:

Neon Washable Paint

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK...I bet it would remove any build up you have. It got rid of my DD#2's cradle cap (if you can call it that at age 3) in a single application and it hasn't returned. It works on my color treated hair, but I don't use any product. My hair is super fine and straight as a board.

Too bad the OP seems to have abandoned the post as she had a lot of experience with it.

Quoting Carpy:

How does it work when you use a ton of sticky stuff in your hair to spike it?

Neon Washable Paint

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM

The difference was apparent to me immediately but i'm not sure if anybody has noticed a difference. It was around thanks giving that i started and i never really had the greasy problem. It feels different, kind of like when it was dirty but it never really looked dirty to me.

I do BS & vinegar everyother day, occasionally every 3 days. Everyday made my scalp really dry.

Quoting fireangel5:

How long before you saw a real difference? Did you go thru a long period of the greasies? How often do you clean with the BS/vinegar?

Quoting UpSheRises:

After reading lots of posts about it on CM i tried it.

So gald i did. It was a little bit of an adjustment but i am happy with my hair and happy to cut one more consumer good out of my life.

SOPHIAC
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Hello, I just started this method.  My hair is still oily a little on top; however, it is also very hard to brush (my hair is long) and it feels waxy.  Granted, it's been only four days, is it "the stage"?  Help!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured