Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (201-210):
fireangel5
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM

Thanks for posting that :)

Quoting mishibishi7:

I found this page the other day when I was doing more research on this and found it extremely helpful and answered a lot of my questions:

http://thehairpin.com/2011/04/how-to-quit-shampoo-without-becoming-disgusting

Aislinn
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Quoting fireangel5:

Just started oil pulling with CO and using it to wash my face. Do you apply it to your lashes befor makeup or just at night before sleep?

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting ButterBattle:

I shaved my head recently. I hate my hair when it's long, it's stringy and thing. I'm actually considering trying this since I have almost no hair now.... maybe it would help how my hair is as it grows out?

Coconut Oil Treatment will help the hair grow in healthy and thick. I use it on my eye lashes. I am constantly accused of using that Latisse crap. Nope, just CCO. Good luck!

At night and sometimes when I do not want to put mascara on.. I do not think I would use it under mascara because it may not let the mascara adhere properly. We all know what happens then... lol However, you will find just using it at night will make a huge difference.. I have been researching oil pulling. I want to try it, but I have a screwy stomach and a tricky gag reflex. I read it makes you feel sick to your stomach for the first week or so.. Is that true?

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

The no-poo method is supposed to be especially beneficial if you have curly hair.  Closest I ever got was to cut the sulfate stuff out, and just use conditioner by massaging it in and then rinsing.

My hair is just too dry to do it - and coconut oil on hair does not wash out very easily, haha!

SageAdvice
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM

ACV? I'm lost.. what's that?

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Apple cider vinegar.

I only know 'cause I asked about 12 pages ago :D

Quoting SageAdvice:

ACV? I'm lost.. what's that?

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Every time I see 'before and after' photos like this I expect the caption to read:

No poo method changed my shirt/background/lighting and makeup.

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM

My abs got a work out the first two times from gagging lol. BUT, I had put a heaping spoon of CO in my mouth in its solid form. I quickly learned to put a spoonful in a ramekin then out that into a bowl of boiing water to melt, almost like a double boiler. Then I just swish for 20 minutes. I didn't get ill but for a few days I felt tired and my sinus' were crazy. I did feel a bit feverish for a day or two but that was it. Nothing debilitating tho. 

Big tip, when I put the liquid oil in my mouth, I put it between my teeth and cheek first. When I take it in like I'm gonna drink it, I feel my stomach roil. Don't swallow! If I feel a strong urge, I keep concentrating on nasally exhaling and the urge passes. I also don't spit it in the sink, I'm afraid it will clog the pipes when it returns to solid form, I use a dixie cup , wait for it to solidfy and throw it away. 

I noticed my teeth were whiter almost immediately and my gums looked more pink and healthier. 

I also started washing my face with it. It melts away your eye makeup with no pulling or rough rubbing. I started shaving with it also, in liquid form is easiest. I do the same double boiler thing for that. Then I rub it on my skin. I am in love with this stuff. 

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting fireangel5:

Just started oil pulling with CO and using it to wash my face. Do you apply it to your lashes befor makeup or just at night before sleep?

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting ButterBattle:

I shaved my head recently. I hate my hair when it's long, it's stringy and thing. I'm actually considering trying this since I have almost no hair now.... maybe it would help how my hair is as it grows out?

Coconut Oil Treatment will help the hair grow in healthy and thick. I use it on my eye lashes. I am constantly accused of using that Latisse crap. Nope, just CCO. Good luck!

At night and sometimes when I do not want to put mascara on.. I do not think I would use it under mascara because it may not let the mascara adhere properly. We all know what happens then... lol However, you will find just using it at night will make a huge difference.. I have been researching oil pulling. I want to try it, but I have a screwy stomach and a tricky gag reflex. I read it makes you feel sick to your stomach for the first week or so.. Is that true?

mishibishi7
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Wow...I've never heard of oil pulling! Hmmm. I make my own toothpaste using CO and BS...wonder if that works too...although I'm not leaving it in my mouth for 15-20 minutes but I am brushing with it twice a day. Have yo noticed it making you feel any better?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mishibishi7
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM
You're welcome...I found it extremely helpful!

Quoting fireangel5:

Thanks for posting that :)

Quoting mishibishi7:

I found this page the other day when I was doing more research on this and found it extremely helpful and answered a lot of my questions:

http://thehairpin.com/2011/04/how-to-quit-shampoo-without-becoming-disgusting

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamalusbear
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I've been using it for a little over a month, and before my hair was super oily, but it's been a lot less oily lately and very manageable and soft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)