Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Guess you were able to stay home during transition.

timeforprogress
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:33 AM
2 moms liked this

I have been doing the no-poo method since August, and I absolutely love my hair. 

ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting destiny2nv:

wow it looks really good, Dh would kill me, he HATES vinegar

My hair doesn't smell like vinegar. Trust me my DH hates vinegar too and he doesn't smell vinegar on my hair at all. The only time it's smelly is in the shower.
KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I tried no poo for awhile and noticed no difference in my hair or my sons. I think I'll try again.

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

Quoting destiny2nv:

wow it looks really good, Dh would kill me, he HATES vinegar

My hair doesn't smell like vinegar. Trust me my DH hates vinegar too and he doesn't smell vinegar on my hair at all. The only time it's smelly is in the shower.

The smell doesn't linger. The same is true when you use it as a household cleaner, when it dries the smell is gone. 

colins_mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Try miss jessies stuff. Its AMAZING they have TONS of free samples on the website

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I could never.  My hair is long, thick, curly and I have to have conditioner just to be able to brush it.  I couldn't ever go with no product in my hair.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting NWP:

How many months? Just wondering what I am in for....

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

Quoting wickedfiress:

I have tried twice to do this. I cant get past the "super oily" stage when your body is regulating the lack of need to produce as much oil. I get to day 5 or 6 and I cant stand it anymore.

It took my hair months to adjust... I just used baby powder on oily days as a "dry shampoo", to help stretch the days between washings. But now I just go ahead and wash when it's too oily. Every third day is the usual for me and it seems to work well.

I started the no 'poo method in March 2012 and I would say that by June my hair had adjusted. My wedding was in July and my hair was the most gorgeous it had ever been in my life during the wedding and honeymoon. I felt like a movie star. I am a huge advocate of this method!

ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quoting stacymomof2:

I would love to try this, my hair is just destroyed and my water is super hard.  My girls have long, thick hair and my youngest has a very dry scalp, I don't think it would work for her.  I really have to glob on the conditioner to get a brush through it.

But I like the smell of freshly shampooed hair...will my head stink?

Hi, well I just converted my mom to this method, who for years has suffered from psoriasis on her scalp. I am not exaggerating when I say, that within one no-poo washing, her scalp was healed. She has also been adding tea tree oil into her bs/acv mixes. Tea tree oil will help so much with any itching, flaking, dry scalp, etc. As for hard water, just pour some room temp boiled water (from your tea kettle or whatever) into a water bottle, and use that as the final rinse before you get out of the shower after no-pooing. That will solved your hard water problem. As for conditioner, rub some vitamin e oil or coconut oil onto your ends (or your daughter's) after washing (before or after hair is dry or whenever extra moisture is needed). I have done a lot of research on this method so please PM or comment if you have more questions!! :)

ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I could never.  My hair is long, thick, curly and I have to have conditioner just to be able to brush it.  I couldn't ever go with no product in my hair.

I'm pretty sure this method is uber popular with curly-haired girls. And you can still use conditioner on your ends as a leave-in if you must, but coconut oil and vitamin e oil (even olive oil) work great for added moisture on my ends.

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter has been doing it for several years now, she has beautiful hair.   I tried it for a week or so, couldn't do it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured