Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (211-220):
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I tried it for a while..I never really had the oil stage while my scal.p adjusted to the baking soda +water and acv+ water..the first time I used it my hair was nice and soft for over a week. I used that stuff once a week and my hair was nice but having to use cold water ( which I read your suppose to use cold water with teh baking soda) it gave me headaches and I didn't like that and I also found the vinegar didn't help with detangling my hair. I had to add a leave in conditioner to help get the tangles out of my hair. Now I use v05 tea therapy vanilla mint scent and it works great in my hair

mishibishi7
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I'm on my second week technically and I've switched over to my sulfate/phosphate free no poo shampoo and I can tell my scalp is still regulating. I was going to keep this up until next week and then go back to the bs mixture and start trying to stretch out days. My crown is still pretty oily but mostly manageable. A little baby powder fixes it right up.

This reminds me of when I was a kid and used to wash my hair every two days...now I understand why I could do it then and not now..my body had regulated to that schedule. My bff told me her mom only washes her hair once a week...now i understand why...interesting!.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DrScrumhalf
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:04 AM

This sounds really interesting, but I have concerns. I am in the military and conduct physical training every day, sometimes twice a day, which requires showering...how does this method work with a super active lifestyle?

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Ok so I've been doing it for a week. I've only gone every3rd day washing and just rinsing well while massaging my scalp the other days. I'm finding the hair on top of my head is clean looking and shiny, but the rest of my head is wet looking and feeling grossly greasy. I think I may up the amount of the BS solution I use each time and then rather than relying on the BS to migrate from the roots to tne ends as I rinse, I'll pour some on the rest of my hair and leave it for a minute before rinsing. I have been using a sock bun most days tho lol. 

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I can't say for sure, but as long as you shower and rub your scalp and rinse well in between washings, no matter how many times a day, it should still owrk for you. Just brush regularly to distribute the oils. Good luck :)

Quoting DrScrumhalf:

This sounds really interesting, but I have concerns. I am in the military and conduct physical training every day, sometimes twice a day, which requires showering...how does this method work with a super active lifestyle?

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM
I've been doing no 'poo for several months now and I love it!! My hair before was curly on the bottom & flat on the top. Now it's curly and I swear the color is more vibrant. I also am "shampooing" every 3-5 days. Even before, I didn't wash everyday.

I also use tshirts to dry my hair instead of towel! My hair does so well with all of it.
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM
I work out, get all sweaty several times a week. I rinse my hair with water in between and it does great. It does not smell, and rinsing it with water in between has helped with the volume. I do still use a little de-frizzing serum until I can find an alternative.

Quoting DrScrumhalf:

fireangel5
by Gold Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:10 AM

What ratio of BS to water do you use?

Do you use the full amount each time you wash? So you pour it down the legth of your hair or concentrate it on the scalp area?

How long were you in the "transition" stage?

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I've been doing no 'poo for several months now and I love it!! My hair before was curly on the bottom & flat on the top. Now it's curly and I swear the color is more vibrant. I also am "shampooing" every 3-5 days. Even before, I didn't wash everyday.

I also use tshirts to dry my hair instead of towel! My hair does so well with all of it.

CareerCoachV
by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Wow, your hair looks fantastic! I've used Deva Curl for several months. It was great for a long time but I experienced the oily issue many months after I first started, even when I also used the "Low Poo" version, so I had to go back to regular shampoo. I'll still use the no poo and low poo on some days. I might try the do-it-yourself option too- thanks for the tip!

mishibishi7
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
I started using a much greater amount of BS on my hair and its working much better. My hair is not oily at all. I would just play with the amounts. I am also in love with the tea tree oil. I used that to scent it with.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured