Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (221-230):
mishibishi7
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I've used Deva curl as well...once your scalp balances out the oil goes away...make sure to scrub your scalp really well...that helps remove the oil. It is so worth it in the end...

Quoting CareerCoachV:

Wow, your hair looks fantastic! I've used Deva Curl for several months. It was great for a long time but I experienced the oily issue many months after I first started, even when I also used the "Low Poo" version, so I had to go back to regular shampoo. I'll still use the no poo and low poo on some days. I might try the do-it-yourself option too- thanks for the tip!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lilbit53009
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM

your hair looks beatiful

i have really curly hair...so there's no way i could make it thru that "transition period" unless i didn't have to leave the house at all lol

angeline
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
As a person with kinky, dry hair ... This has always been 2nd nature.
Never had a problem with oily hair.
Kinda wish I had at least some oil in there!

I use the curly girl method though ... I "wash" with a sulfate ,silicone free conditioner. & I don't use towels
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shallyc
by New Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I went through 16 pages of comments before I gave up because everyone was asking the same thing over and over without reading. 

I can tell the difference in your hair in the before and after, but that may be because my hair is like yours in the before. I have been thinking of trying this for awhile but always saw it used for curly hair, which I don't have,  your post gives me hope that it will work for me too. :) 

jesusismyfriend
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Me too . I love organix

Quoting kameka:

I use a sulfate free shampoo on my scalp and a sulfate free conditioner on my hair once, sometimes twice a week. I've wanted to try the no poo method but I just can't get past putting acv in my hair - I can't stand that smell lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lorithayer
by New Member on May. 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I am in the middle of the no poo or low poo transition. Most wash days (about ever 3 days) I use essential oil infused baking soda on my scalp and some days I use a chemical free low-poo cleaner.

My hair is shoulder length and starts to get wavy as it gets long (if I don't brush it). The curl is definitely increasing as I continue to go no poo. I am still waiting for my hair to transition out of the oily stage. It definitely doesn't feel that great most of the time but I'm trying to stick it out.

Lori

Mandy_B
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM

So I am working on doing this whole 'no poo' thing and I actually made it four days without shampooing my hair.  Last night I had to do the baking soda was and ACV rinse.  The BS was never got "slippery" as others have discribed it and I only used 1Tbl per cup of water.  I even boiled my water to help with the hard water issues.  The ACV was the same ratio as the BS wash and I even added some Rosemary to steep for two days and some lavender EO to help with the odor.  I let my hair air dry and this morning my end are not terrible but I dont feel soft or really oily I kinda feel dry and easily tangled...if you know what I mean.  So I am not sure if I had too much BS in my was or not enough ACV in my conditioner or if I need to add a hydrant such as honey to the ACV conditioner?  I would love to hear your thougths!

CareerCoachV
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for your reply- the funny thing is that it worked out really well for a long time when I first started, and then after I was using it for about a year is when I noticed the real trouble.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:24 PM

My hair is like the OP's too. I have been doing this since January and have noticed a difference in my hair...It isn't Brooke Shields gorgeous, but for the first time in my adult life, I actually like how it looks and feels.

Quoting shallyc:

I went through 16 pages of comments before I gave up because everyone was asking the same thing over and over without reading. 

I can tell the difference in your hair in the before and after, but that may be because my hair is like yours in the before. I have been thinking of trying this for awhile but always saw it used for curly hair, which I don't have,  your post gives me hope that it will work for me too. :) 

Neon Washable Paint

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jun. 25, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I have tried this but could never get beyond the greasy stage.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN