Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The No 'Poo Method changed my hair! I've been on this method almost a year, and I am so thankful I kissed shampoo goodbye! I have never loved my hair this much in my whole life. It is smooth, shiny, wavy, and has tons of body. No Poo Method: 1 to 2 tbsp baking soda in a jar of water, shake and pour over roots, then massage scalp well and rinse. Pour ACV/water mixture (1 to 2 tbsp ACV mixed in a bottle of water) over ends, rinse and Voila! I only wash my hair every 3 to 4 days on this method. ♥

What do YOU think? Would you try it? Have you tried it?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Replies (41-50):
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

No thank you I am a total sucker for scents and I LOVE my super scented shampoos, conditioners, mousse etc.  No poo is just not for me. 

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I could never.  My hair is long, thick, curly and I have to have conditioner just to be able to brush it.  I couldn't ever go with no product in my hair.

You can still use conditioner. Just make sure it doesn't contain harmful chemicals. Coconut oil works fine for me, though.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Are they scented?

Quoting colins_mom:

Try miss jessies stuff. Its AMAZING they have TONS of free samples on the website

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I could never.  My hair is long, thick, curly and I have to have conditioner just to be able to brush it.  I couldn't ever go with no product in my hair.

fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Yeah no thanks I can not see putting oil in my hair.  Thanks though....Honestly I am fine w/using shampoo.

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I'm pretty sure this method is uber popular with curly-haired girls. And you can still use conditioner on your ends as a leave-in if you must, but coconut oil and vitamin e oil (even olive oil) work great for added moisture on my ends.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Look s good. :)

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM

No...I didn't.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Did you find out an answer for the color treated hair?

Quoting NWP:

So the baking soda mixture goes on the roots and the vinegar mixture on the ends?

Has anyone done this with color treated hair? Does that make a difference?

Quoting FrogSalad:

ACV = Apple cider vinegar.

White vinegar worked better for my hair.  I used approx. 1 T. of vinegar to a cup of water when I used it.  You can increase/decrease the amount of vinegar depending on how it works for you.

Quoting NWP:

I really want to try this...I only wash my hair every three days now because it just isn't very oily and it looks terribly dry after I use shampoo even with heavy conditioners. I color treat and it gets very very dry.

What, exactly is the ACV mixture? What does ACV stand for?

North West Passage

colins_mom
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM

some are, mine smells like coconut

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Are they scented?

Quoting colins_mom:

Try miss jessies stuff. Its AMAZING they have TONS of free samples on the website

Quoting fullxbusymom:

ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Quoting NWP:

From what I've read this method doesn't coincide with hair color. But I used to dye my hair a couple years ago (same color as my hair, just to make it shinier and "pop" more), so my ends would still have remnants of the color right? Anyway so I don't think it matters. But I'm not sure. And one other thing to note, is that this method has really brought out my natural highlights. :)
Bethsunshine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM

I've recently started using baking soda to wash my hair a few times a week but I can't bring myself to use vinegar. The smell of vinegar makes me gag!!

ashers_mommy99
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
Quoting little.worthen:

your hair looks the same. it just looks like you brightened the picture on the right. you can clearly tell from your skin. lets see legit pics right now with no photo editing and see if we can tell a difference

These are both photos taken by professionals. I apologize if you don't like the brightness of the second photo,... I live in a very cloudy/gray place (WA state) and can't control that aspect of the photos. I guess it was sunnier in the after pic. For myself, the biggest thing I see in the photos is the difference in frizziness. But on a daily basis, living with this method, what I love the most is the body my hair has now, with or without styling. It's hard to capture that in pictures. It is definitely smoother too.
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm afraid it'll bring out my natural highlights which are a little "whiter" than they used to be.  

Quoting ashers_mommy99:

Quoting NWP:

From what I've read this method doesn't coincide with hair color. But I used to dye my hair a couple years ago (same color as my hair, just to make it shinier and "pop" more), so my ends would still have remnants of the color right? Anyway so I don't think it matters. But I'm not sure. And one other thing to note, is that this method has really brought out my natural highlights. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)