Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adam Lanza did not use assault rifle

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 25 Replies

This is the first time I saw this.  He also went to gun store and was denied being able to buy a rifle. 

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I found the story on this.

The Big Sandy Hook Newtown Lie: No Children Killed with Rifles – No Rifles in School – Lanza Used Handguns

January 19, 2013
By

NBC is reporting that Adam Lanza did not take rifles inside Sandy Hook Elementary School. He did not use a rifle, deemed an “assault weapon” by the administration and media to kill and wound. To repeat, no rifles were found inside the school. Lanza reportedly had four handguns with him. How many of those handguns were used in the killings isn’t known, or at least not included in this report. See the video below. IMPORTANT UPDATE 12:50 pm CST: A reader directed me to this State of Connecticut Update, released yesterday, January 18, 2013, which contradicts the story of no rifles inside Sandy Hook Elementary. I have attempted to find a retraction of the NBC report you’ll read/view below, and have not found it, which doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Readers, if you know of a retraction by NBC or any mainstream media pointing out that Williams was incorrect – that a rifle was used inside the school building, please send an email or drop a link in comments. I did find a video of the/a coroner saying the children were killed with a long rifle.

Adam Lanza

Adam Lanza

Kyle Becker at Independent Journal Review:

The correspondent [in the video below] makes it clear over and over again that he confirmed this information with federal and state officials. Now, a lot of media reports contradict this one, but somebody’s lying. The report that an ‘AR-15-style’ assault rifle was in the trunk of murderer Adam Lanza’s car is up for dispute as well. If one examines footage from police breaking into Lanza’s car, one sees police clearing a round from a “long gun of some type” that does not appear to be ‘AR-15 style’ or ‘assault-style.’

Whether or not the mainstream media are intentionally spreading disinformation about the Sandy Hook elementary tragedy, there is one thing for certain: not only are violent crime rates at a modern low and going down, but only 323 homicides were committed by rifles in 2011. That includes hunting rifles, assault rifles, military style rifles, semi-automatic rifles and whatever label one comes up with, regardless of magazine or clip capacity.

In a nation of 311 million people, the odds of being killed by a rifle is about one homicide per million people, which is far less than the odds of being murdered by a blunt object. (Read more at the link above)

Partial snippet transcription of the NBC Today Show video added as an UPDATE at 1pm CST 1-19-13, Pete Williams, NBC News Justice Correspondent, introduced by Matt Lauer, airing on December 15, 2012:

There is some new information this morning from a couple of Federal officials and State officials. They say now that there were actually four handguns recovered inside the school, not just two as we were initially told. Four handguns and apparently only handguns that were taken into the school…

The report goes to say that an assault-style AR-15 was found in Lanza’s car. NBC is quoting State and Federal officials, yet, if you follow the link above to yesterday’s State of Connecticut announcement, a rifle was found inside the school.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I thought he used his moms guns.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Huh but I thought these were the guns he used.

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I have NEVER been into conspiracy theories. I don't believe our government had anything to do with Sept. 11. I don't think the Shriners are a secret satan society. I don't think our presidents worship at some giant burning owl..But this Newtown thing is just really odd and not adding up IMO.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Did he kill all those humans with spatulas? Daisies? Cork screws? Plungers?

Let us know if you uncover more knowledge-

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I agree

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

I have NEVER been into conspiracy theories. I don't believe our government had anything to do with Sept. 11. I don't think the Shriners are a secret satan society. I don't think our presidents worship at some giant burning owl..But this Newtown thing is just really odd and not adding up IMO.

candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I must say that over the past two weeks I have been given different links to articles on this and when I clicked on the links, they had been taken down.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

So very strange. What ever happened to the guy brought out of the woods? Any idea?..I havent's seen or heard anything further.

Quoting candlegal:

I must say that over the past two weeks I have been given different links to articles on this and when I clicked on the links, they had been taken down.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
candlegal
by Judy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this

No but as I said I have had links that would not work.   I know they were working at one time because of the people that sent them to me bacause they saw them.  My daughter sent me two that wouldn't work by the time I got to them.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

So very strange. What ever happened to the guy brought out of the woods? Any idea?..I havent's seen or heard anything further.

Quoting candlegal:

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured