Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Jodi Arias trial.....Updated#4 POLL ADDED

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think the outcome of this case will be?

Options:

Not Guilty/Hung Jury/Self Defense

First Degree Murder/Premeditation/Felony Murder

Second Degree Murder

Manslaughter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

It's big news here in AZ, but is anyone else following?

Shot in the head, throat slit, and 29 stab wounds....a bit of overkill for self defense and this chicks story has changed 3 times. Not to mention the sex and shower photos taken of her AND him only moment before his was murdered....and pictures on his camera of his dead, bloody body....is there any way this woman in not guilty??

I'm glued to this trial....

UPDATE 2/20

I've been keeping tabs on all the comments and I have to say, as far as girls wanting the acceptance of a male figure, they do what they can to please them. That's a fact. So he could have been humiliating her sexually. No one but those two can know for sure. I know women who do what they can and aim to please an abusive man. I also know that many abusive men aren't abusinve where everyone can see, so I don't think any of us can say she's lying about that. Because we just don't know.

HOWEVER, she has had 5 years to study up on battered woman syndrom and psychology when it comes to any type of abused woman and figure out what her story will be. I can't say no he wasn't abusive, because I don't know them. I wasn't a fly on the wall when everything was going down, so unfortunately we have to (to a point) go by what she is saying. But as far as her testimony today, and watching her interviews from the past, I find the fact that it wasn't premeditated and the fact that it went down the way she claims it did, VERY hard to believe. So I believe she should get life for premeditation. 

I get a woman who is so sexually or physically abused by a man she loves snapping and blacking out and killing him because, sometimes you just cannot take it anymore. BUT I just cannot bring myself to buy her story of what happened the day she killed him. The evidence strongly points at him being blitz attacked. That he didn't see it coming.

Keep weighing in ladies! 

3/7/13

WOW!!! An awesome insight into what the jurors are thinking. They don't seem to be buying her "I don't remember" bs about killing Travis. They also seem to be leaning more towards it looking like premeditation. They asked pretty good questions IMO. 

What do you think about the jury questions??

3/25

IMO this "expert" has crippled the defense instead of helping them. I'm almost wondering why the state doesn't rest now lol. Why is the defense keeping this man on the stand. He's suppose to be back up there but this go round is with Juan Martinez (who i love by the way he's like a little chihuahua nipping at your ankles lol). After this, I almost see no win for the defense. ALSO: new evidence about Jodi being the original companion for Travis' Cancun vacay, then bumped for another woman....slam dunk motive. Do you agree or disagree?

5/3

Wow....I can't believe its almost over. What did you tihnk about Nurmi and Martinez' closing arguments? What are your verdict predictions?? Remember...people were so sure OJ and Casey Anthony would be found guilty.....My prediction is the state will get what they want with 1st degree murder. 

Let us all hope that justice is done for Travis and his family whatever the outcome!

5/8

In case you haven't heard GUILTY 1ST DEGREE FELONY AND PREMEDITATED MURDER.....will she get death or just life in prison? 

Justice for Travis and his family has been done. RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (11-20):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Since hearing everything so far, no I don't think she deserves the death penalty.  Life in prison yes, and IF that's a HUGE IF, there's  more evidence against Travis perhaps I'll go as far as saying maybe she should get less than life in prison.  I don't know why I feel this way.  What she did was really horrible.   

Quoting Dee0886:

Do think she should get the death penalty?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Jodi, is guility & should spend the rest of her life in prison.  My question is, since Travis told his family that don't be surprise if he doesn't come back (dies).  He wasn't even joking about that.  That's what I understand.  Then, WHY did he continue to see Jodi?  WHY would he carry on having phone sex & spend all day having sex?  All while he knew he didn't want to be with her, heck he was searching for a 'good Mormon'??  I don't know how others feel about that, but I feel he is partly to blame.  

Yes, Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis & should pay the price.  But, it really bothers me when I hear guys doing this to women.  I mean, not to say she is innocent.  But, imo he wasn't either.  Maybe, this case will have men that uses women for sex, being a lot more careful.  Or it can happen to them.   

Quoting Dee0886:

Tell me about it. She was obsessed with him, granted if he was so freaked out about her and felt like she was stalking him, maybe having sex with her wasn't the smartest thing to do, but good lord she's a nutball.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

CRAZY.

That is the only thought that crosses my mind... This woman is CRAZY.

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I think she's playing the victim really well because I have a little sympathy for her too, but I can't shake the craziness she's got going on. I'm wondering if she went there to try and sway him back into a relationship or something and when he said no, she freaked out on him. It's her constant lying that makes me lose the sympathy for her. Why not call the cops right after to claim her self defense. Why first say she wasn't there, then say she was but it was burglers, then when they confront her with the evidence against her, THEN say ok ok you got me but it was self defense. I can't help but see a little bit of premeditation (including the missing 25 caliber gun missing from her grandparents collection, which is the same type of gun used to shot him in the head) which makes me think she deserves the death penalty. Like ok he's either going to get back together with me and not go on this trip, or I'll kill him. You know?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Since hearing everything so far, no I don't think she deserves the death penalty.  Life in prison yes, and IF that's a HUGE IF, there's  more evidence against Travis perhaps I'll go as far as saying maybe she should get less than life in prison.  I don't know why I feel this way.  What she did was really horrible.   

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Jodi, is guility & should spend the rest of her life in prison.  My question is, since Travis told his family that don't be surprise if he doesn't come back (dies).  He wasn't even joking about that.  That's what I understand.  Then, WHY did he continue to see Jodi?  WHY would he carry on having phone sex & spend all day having sex?  All while he knew he didn't want to be with her, heck he was searching for a 'good Mormon'??  I don't know how others feel about that, but I feel he is partly to blame.  

Yes, Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis & should pay the price.  But, it really bothers me when I hear guys doing this to women.  I mean, not to say she is innocent.  But, imo he wasn't either.  Maybe, this case will have men that uses women for sex, being a lot more careful.  Or it can happen to them.   

Quoting Dee0886:

Tell me about it. She was obsessed with him, granted if he was so freaked out about her and felt like she was stalking him, maybe having sex with her wasn't the smartest thing to do, but good lord she's a nutball.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

CRAZY.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I wonder if the 'phone sex' between Jodi & Travis is true?  I mean 'phone sex' is phone sex is just that.  But, it distrubed me when I heard what Travis said on those tapes.  To me, that is a lot more than just plain ordinary 'phone sex'.  Honestly, it was disgusting.  So, if it's true, that will really shed a bad light on Travis.  To the point, imo, Jodi won't get the death penalty.  She might even, believe it or not, get a lesser charge.  Not life in prison.   

Quoting Dee0886:

yeah its pretty interesting..i'd say there was no way she could be found not guilty...but after Casey Anthony..who knows..

Quoting pamelax3:

I had not heard of it.. I will goggle and get more info

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:55 PM
3 moms liked this

She's lying, plain and simple...self defense might have emptied a clip in him...not the lengths she went to. Way to much to be just self defense. 

nickysmom71
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Ehhhh talk is talk...some people are into shit like that and get off on it.  I'm into the more kinky shit...nothing wrong with it.

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I missed that part of the trial, is there anywhere online they have transcripts or something?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

I wonder if the 'phone sex' between Jodi & Travis is true?  I mean 'phone sex' is phone sex is just that.  But, it distrubed me when I heard what Travis said on those tapes.  To me, that is a lot more than just plain ordinary 'phone sex'.  Honestly, it was disgusting.  So, if it's true, that will really shed a bad light on Travis.  To the point, imo, Jodi won't get the death penalty.  She might even, believe it or not, get a lesser charge.  Not life in prison.   

Quoting Dee0886:

yeah its pretty interesting..i'd say there was no way she could be found not guilty...but after Casey Anthony..who knows..

Quoting pamelax3:

I had not heard of it.. I will goggle and get more info

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Yeah...him being a douche and him liking certain things sex wise doesn't mean he didn't make his intentions of NOT wanting a relationship with her clear. I think she's just crazy and decided if he didn't want to be with her, she'd kill him. She seems like a woman who gets what she wants.

Quoting nickysmom71:

Ehhhh talk is talk...some people are into shit like that and get off on it.  I'm into the more kinky shit...nothing wrong with it.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not like I'm a 'man hater' lol & I haven't ever used for sex.  So, Jodi accepts that responsibility too.  But, if I was a Juror, after hearing everything the Defense has to say.  (as long as it's the truth).  I just couldn't convict her of even life in prison. 

With everything we're hearing now about Travis, has me really thinking.  He even told his family, that don't be surprised if I'm not here one day...Jodi was already showing signs of stalking & slicing tires.  His friends had warned him, something was wrong with this woman.  Yet, he continued having sex with her.  He kept it a secret from family/friends.  He spent the whole day having sex with her?????  Not even thinking after telling her he's still going away to Cancun with another woman, that Jodi could snap?  ummm

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Oh yes I agree.  I have no sympathy for her either.  Because, if she would of been honest up front, & used the defense of how she snapped.  That she thought Travis, (after all day sex session)  would want her back.  She loved Travis, & thought he still loved her.  It's no excuse, but I probably would have more sympathy.  Then hearing about Travis, ummm if I were one of the Jurors I probably couldn't give her the death penalty.  Plus, I might not even give her life in prison. 

Quoting Dee0886:

I think she's playing the victim really well because I have a little sympathy for her too, but I can't shake the craziness she's got going on. I'm wondering if she went there to try and sway him back into a relationship or something and when he said no, she freaked out on him. It's her constant lying that makes me lose the sympathy for her. Why not call the cops right after to claim her self defense. Why first say she wasn't there, then say she was but it was burglers, then when they confront her with the evidence against her, THEN say ok ok you got me but it was self defense. I can't help but see a little bit of premeditation (including the missing 25 caliber gun missing from her grandparents collection, which is the same type of gun used to shot him in the head) which makes me think she deserves the death penalty. Like ok he's either going to get back together with me and not go on this trip, or I'll kill him. You know?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Quoting Dee0886:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

CRAZY.

KenneMaw
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I live in GA and this has been on the morning national news alot.  It is a crazy story, but I haven't heard much about it this week.  Is the trial still on-going?  do you think Jodi will take the stand?!  She has changed her story so many times and to do all that she did, that was done from anger, not fear.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN