Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Jodi Arias trial.....Updated#4 POLL ADDED

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think the outcome of this case will be?

Options:

Not Guilty/Hung Jury/Self Defense

First Degree Murder/Premeditation/Felony Murder

Second Degree Murder

Manslaughter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

It's big news here in AZ, but is anyone else following?

Shot in the head, throat slit, and 29 stab wounds....a bit of overkill for self defense and this chicks story has changed 3 times. Not to mention the sex and shower photos taken of her AND him only moment before his was murdered....and pictures on his camera of his dead, bloody body....is there any way this woman in not guilty??

I'm glued to this trial....

UPDATE 2/20

I've been keeping tabs on all the comments and I have to say, as far as girls wanting the acceptance of a male figure, they do what they can to please them. That's a fact. So he could have been humiliating her sexually. No one but those two can know for sure. I know women who do what they can and aim to please an abusive man. I also know that many abusive men aren't abusinve where everyone can see, so I don't think any of us can say she's lying about that. Because we just don't know.

HOWEVER, she has had 5 years to study up on battered woman syndrom and psychology when it comes to any type of abused woman and figure out what her story will be. I can't say no he wasn't abusive, because I don't know them. I wasn't a fly on the wall when everything was going down, so unfortunately we have to (to a point) go by what she is saying. But as far as her testimony today, and watching her interviews from the past, I find the fact that it wasn't premeditated and the fact that it went down the way she claims it did, VERY hard to believe. So I believe she should get life for premeditation. 

I get a woman who is so sexually or physically abused by a man she loves snapping and blacking out and killing him because, sometimes you just cannot take it anymore. BUT I just cannot bring myself to buy her story of what happened the day she killed him. The evidence strongly points at him being blitz attacked. That he didn't see it coming.

Keep weighing in ladies! 

3/7/13

WOW!!! An awesome insight into what the jurors are thinking. They don't seem to be buying her "I don't remember" bs about killing Travis. They also seem to be leaning more towards it looking like premeditation. They asked pretty good questions IMO. 

What do you think about the jury questions??

3/25

IMO this "expert" has crippled the defense instead of helping them. I'm almost wondering why the state doesn't rest now lol. Why is the defense keeping this man on the stand. He's suppose to be back up there but this go round is with Juan Martinez (who i love by the way he's like a little chihuahua nipping at your ankles lol). After this, I almost see no win for the defense. ALSO: new evidence about Jodi being the original companion for Travis' Cancun vacay, then bumped for another woman....slam dunk motive. Do you agree or disagree?

5/3

Wow....I can't believe its almost over. What did you tihnk about Nurmi and Martinez' closing arguments? What are your verdict predictions?? Remember...people were so sure OJ and Casey Anthony would be found guilty.....My prediction is the state will get what they want with 1st degree murder. 

Let us all hope that justice is done for Travis and his family whatever the outcome!

5/8

In case you haven't heard GUILTY 1ST DEGREE FELONY AND PREMEDITATED MURDER.....will she get death or just life in prison? 

Justice for Travis and his family has been done. RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jers.
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Why are they taking a two week break?  I've never heard of such a long break.  How is the jury supposed to remember everything from two weeks ago when the defense starts their case?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

The State  has rested & the trial is taking a 2 wk break.  The Defense starts I believe next Mon.  In taking a poll about whether it will hurt the State (the break) most say it will.  It's kinda crazy, how the media is talking like it could be another Casey A.  Yet I don't see how, because the Defense already said she killed Travis.  Butchered him.  I feel she won't take the stand.  But, then it might just go by how the witness help the Defense.  If they don't & things are worse for Jodi.  Then, I believe she will testify last.  She's on the Defense's witness list.   

Quoting KenneMaw:

I live in GA and this has been on the morning national news alot.  It is a crazy story, but I haven't heard much about it this week.  Is the trial still on-going?  do you think Jodi will take the stand?!  She has changed her story so many times and to do all that she did, that was done from anger, not fear.  

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

She is guilty.  But, he seemed like he baited her.  If hse was so crayz, why keep having sex with her?

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this
he didnt do anything to deserve to die...she premeditated his murder....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SassyLeigh
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I've never heard of this either.

duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I think Travis struggled with hormones vs religion. What single guy doesn't struggle with this, from time to time. He was a very forgiving person & was one who gave folks a second chance etc. (read his blog). 

It wasn't until....."June 2008 - During the first week of June 2008, Alexander told friends that he suspected Arias had hacked into his Facebook account. He allegedly said that he told her to stay out of his life forever."

I'm sure he realized he was in over his head, after reading the above; but then again.....we can only speculate as to why, what & how etc. 

This is a perfect example of the importance of teaching our own children, as to who they friend, hang out with & become involved with etc. Making smart choices is the key!!  Truly evil lurks among us, very sad.  

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

She is guilty.  But, he seemed like he baited her.  If hse was so crayz, why keep having sex with her?

duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM

To catch up to speed a bit, the State "rested" their side of case on Jan 17th.  Court is now in-session with the Defense peddling full steam ahead (Def began approx 2/1/13).   Court in-session tomorrow 2/3/13.  

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/jodi-arias-begins-defense-bloody-arizona-murder-trial-article-1.1250904

Quoting Jers.:

Why are they taking a two week break?  I've never heard of such a long break.  How is the jury supposed to remember everything from two weeks ago when the defense starts their case?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

The State  has rested & the trial is taking a 2 wk break.  The Defense starts I believe next Mon.  In taking a poll about whether it will hurt the State (the break) most say it will.  It's kinda crazy, how the media is talking like it could be another Casey A.  Yet I don't see how, because the Defense already said she killed Travis.  Butchered him.  I feel she won't take the stand.  But, then it might just go by how the witness help the Defense.  If they don't & things are worse for Jodi.  Then, I believe she will testify last.  She's on the Defense's witness list.   

Quoting KenneMaw:

I live in GA and this has been on the morning national news alot.  It is a crazy story, but I haven't heard much about it this week.  Is the trial still on-going?  do you think Jodi will take the stand?!  She has changed her story so many times and to do all that she did, that was done from anger, not fear.  

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm familiar with it. This is one of the things I dislike about our justice system...why are we spending money on a trial? Given the evidence, it seems clear she is crazy and lying. If she's found guilty, she will appeal costing more money. This is justice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM

Miss Arias has an ego problem, not to mention that she behaves like a physcopath might.  She believed that having sex with TA would magically alter his plans for Cancun with his current girlfriend.  I didn't.  Arias went on a rampage and killed him 3x. 

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:08 PM
ita, she said she did it, saying "self defense" on the 3rd telling of the tale proves it wasnt self defense

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I'm familiar with it. This is one of the things I dislike about our justice system...why are we spending money on a trial? Given the evidence, it seems clear she is crazy and lying. If she's found guilty, she will appeal costing more money. This is justice?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I hear what ur saying & apprecitate ur feedback. I am all for one having their day in court etc; but this case is so A-typical to say the least..

If, once the jury comes back with a guilty verdict we can then see, if she was serious in her spew, rant of....'If I Killed Travis, I Would Beg For The Death Penalty'   

There have been some (few) docucmented cases in which felons convicted to death row...have chosen to not appeal, & go ahead with just that, after being approved by the state.   [Of course it depends upon the State] 

Maybe she won't have to beg too long. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/14/jodi-arias-naked-photos_n_2475746.html

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)