Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Jodi Arias trial.....Updated#4 POLL ADDED

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think the outcome of this case will be?

Options:

Not Guilty/Hung Jury/Self Defense

First Degree Murder/Premeditation/Felony Murder

Second Degree Murder

Manslaughter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

It's big news here in AZ, but is anyone else following?

Shot in the head, throat slit, and 29 stab wounds....a bit of overkill for self defense and this chicks story has changed 3 times. Not to mention the sex and shower photos taken of her AND him only moment before his was murdered....and pictures on his camera of his dead, bloody body....is there any way this woman in not guilty??

I'm glued to this trial....

UPDATE 2/20

I've been keeping tabs on all the comments and I have to say, as far as girls wanting the acceptance of a male figure, they do what they can to please them. That's a fact. So he could have been humiliating her sexually. No one but those two can know for sure. I know women who do what they can and aim to please an abusive man. I also know that many abusive men aren't abusinve where everyone can see, so I don't think any of us can say she's lying about that. Because we just don't know.

HOWEVER, she has had 5 years to study up on battered woman syndrom and psychology when it comes to any type of abused woman and figure out what her story will be. I can't say no he wasn't abusive, because I don't know them. I wasn't a fly on the wall when everything was going down, so unfortunately we have to (to a point) go by what she is saying. But as far as her testimony today, and watching her interviews from the past, I find the fact that it wasn't premeditated and the fact that it went down the way she claims it did, VERY hard to believe. So I believe she should get life for premeditation. 

I get a woman who is so sexually or physically abused by a man she loves snapping and blacking out and killing him because, sometimes you just cannot take it anymore. BUT I just cannot bring myself to buy her story of what happened the day she killed him. The evidence strongly points at him being blitz attacked. That he didn't see it coming.

Keep weighing in ladies! 

3/7/13

WOW!!! An awesome insight into what the jurors are thinking. They don't seem to be buying her "I don't remember" bs about killing Travis. They also seem to be leaning more towards it looking like premeditation. They asked pretty good questions IMO. 

What do you think about the jury questions??

3/25

IMO this "expert" has crippled the defense instead of helping them. I'm almost wondering why the state doesn't rest now lol. Why is the defense keeping this man on the stand. He's suppose to be back up there but this go round is with Juan Martinez (who i love by the way he's like a little chihuahua nipping at your ankles lol). After this, I almost see no win for the defense. ALSO: new evidence about Jodi being the original companion for Travis' Cancun vacay, then bumped for another woman....slam dunk motive. Do you agree or disagree?

5/3

Wow....I can't believe its almost over. What did you tihnk about Nurmi and Martinez' closing arguments? What are your verdict predictions?? Remember...people were so sure OJ and Casey Anthony would be found guilty.....My prediction is the state will get what they want with 1st degree murder. 

Let us all hope that justice is done for Travis and his family whatever the outcome!

5/8

In case you haven't heard GUILTY 1ST DEGREE FELONY AND PREMEDITATED MURDER.....will she get death or just life in prison? 

Justice for Travis and his family has been done. RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (21-30):
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Since it is a self defense case she more than likely will take the stand to tell her story of what happened to cause her to do what she did. I think when she testifies people will have a more solid opinion. I personally think she'll hang herself on the stand bc she's trying so hard to be a victim and she is a compulsive liar. Also a little arrogant. The whole "they'll find me not guilty bc I'm too pretty" bs women like this with her type personality tend to think.

Quoting KenneMaw:

I live in GA and this has been on the morning national news alot.  It is a crazy story, but I haven't heard much about it this week.  Is the trial still on-going?  do you think Jodi will take the stand?!  She has changed her story so many times and to do all that she did, that was done from anger, not fear.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:09 PM

The State  has rested & the trial is taking a 2 wk break.  The Defense starts I believe next Mon.  In taking a poll about whether it will hurt the State (the break) most say it will.  It's kinda crazy, how the media is talking like it could be another Casey A.  Yet I don't see how, because the Defense already said she killed Travis.  Butchered him.  I feel she won't take the stand.  But, then it might just go by how the witness help the Defense.  If they don't & things are worse for Jodi.  Then, I believe she will testify last.  She's on the Defense's witness list.   

Quoting KenneMaw:

I live in GA and this has been on the morning national news alot.  It is a crazy story, but I haven't heard much about it this week.  Is the trial still on-going?  do you think Jodi will take the stand?!  She has changed her story so many times and to do all that she did, that was done from anger, not fear.  

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 PM
I haven't heard of it.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I've been watching some of it. Wow!
motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:06 PM
she has admitted to killing him....nothing indicates to me self defense. she deserves the death penalty, it was so premeditated
duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I have followed every word of the trial.  It is sad on soooo many levels.  Point being, I am for freedom of religion etc.  I really do not care what religion Travis was; but he did not deserve to die, @ the hands of Jodi Arias.  People break up all the time & move on; NOT kill the guy who wanted to ...move on etc. 

It's kinda hard for any single guy to refuse a buffet of free sex...when it randomly crawls thru a doggie door &/or, just waltzes thru the front door, etc.  While Travis was not perfect etc (but who is?), this sick evil woman had her eyes on him & if, IF he didn't do or give her what she wanted.....it was planned, plotted, etc to end his life in a most heiness & torcherous way imaginable.  Shame on her, for taking an-other's life.  Then cry wolf. 

She has told more lies than Pinocchio.  Then has had family profit from the e-bay stuff, I'm still reeling over that one.  She is the devil incarnate....soft spoken, sings like an angel - O Holy Night, plays the "I'm innocent" role  like a movie star & loves the attention.  Bringing me to, she should take the stand, since it is only her that can explain the over kill, & supposed he did this to me, etc. (which would probly be more lies). Part of me thinks, she thinks she can bamboozle the jury with her little innocent act etc; I hope the jury can see beyond her lies/act.

My thoughts are she simply has NO defense & in order to avoid the dp, this is the ONLY defense she can plead.  

Nurmi, didn't want this case...ask judge to be dismissed from it etc; but the judge said "NO", you will defend her etc. As another peep stated it so well,  "Defending Jodi would be like going bear hunting with a BB gun!"   

There is NO reason imo, for her to have driven from Yreka to Mesa, AZ to kill someone, that she claims.... she needed to defend. She should have stayed in Yreka & gone on with her life, (gimmie a break)!!  

I have a few links for anyone who would like to know more about Travis. If you haven't read his blog, it is quiet good:        http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/

Link to a "Timed" Video of  pics, taken in shower.  GRAPHIC, Viewer Discretion Advised  [this video will ONLY play on computers, not cell phones etc.]     http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/wasthinking/media/TravisAlexander_zpsad4bd0f7.mp4.html

Travis Memorial Video, (iirc, this was made by a close friend of Travis')   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHT5ii-lLmI&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Link for recap of facts/trial  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/31/jodi-arias-timeline_n_2387245.html#slide=1991529

The trial is aired on TruTV, which usually runs behind the actual live court day, for hrs etc.  It can be seen live here: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130110community-mesa-articles-jodi-arias-murder-trial-mesa-arizona-live-video.html?nclick_check=1 

or on http://www.abcnews.com/    

424098 311410235645627 112077856 n

duets
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM
1 mom liked this

On a lighter note....the only thing I can share is....The State Seal gets more air time than the trial each day, lol.

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Don't get me wrong I completely agree that nothing this man "may" have done warrants him being murdered period, let alone murdered in such a brutal premeditated way. I have no doubt she planned to kill him in which case, she does deserve the death penalty.
That being said I does bother me he used her the way he did even though he KNEW she was crazy. He had all these feelings about her being possibly dangerous and a stalker and still allowed her in his house. A man or not its VERY clear she has self esteem issues and needed a man attention and even though she was out of her mind, he still had sex with her.
But again, this doesn't mean he deserved what he got and I definitely believe she deserves the dp simply bc she completely planned this attack if he didn't do what she wanted. And I believe when he told her he was still going on vacation with that other woman and refused a meaningful relationship with Jodi, she carried out that attack.

And you are so right about the seal lol.

Quoting duets:

I have followed every word of the trial.  It is sad on soooo many levels.  Point being, I am for freedom of religion etc.  I really do not care what religion Travis was; but he did not deserve to die, @ the hands of Jodi Arias.  People break up all the time & move on; NOT kill the guy who wanted to ...move on etc. 

It's kinda hard for any single guy to refuse a buffet of free sex...when it randomly crawls thru a doggie door &/or, just waltzes thru the front door, etc.  While Travis was not perfect etc (but who is?), this sick evil woman had her eyes on him & if, IF he didn't do or give her what she wanted.....it was planned, plotted, etc to end his life in a most heiness & torcherous way imaginable.  Shame on her, for taking an-other's life.  Then cry wolf. 

She has told more lies than Pinocchio.  Then has had family profit from the e-bay stuff, I'm still reeling over that one.  She is the devil incarnate....soft spoken, sings like an angel - O Holy Night, plays the "I'm innocent" role  like a movie star & loves the attention.  Bringing me to, she should take the stand, since it is only her that can explain the over kill, & supposed he did this to me, etc. (which would probly be more lies). Part of me thinks, she thinks she can bamboozle the jury with her little innocent act etc; I hope the jury can see beyond her lies/act.

My thoughts are she simply has NO defense & in order to avoid the dp, this is the ONLY defense she can plead.  

Nurmi, didn't want this case...ask judge to be dismissed from it etc; but the judge said "NO", you will defend her etc. As another peep stated it so well,  "Defending Jodi would be like going bear hunting with a BB gun!"   

There is NO reason imo, for her to have driven from Yreka to Mesa, AZ to kill someone, that she claims.... she needed to defend. She should have stayed in Yreka & gone on with her life, (gimmie a break)!!  

I have a few links for anyone who would like to know more about Travis. If you haven't read his blog, it is quiet good:        http://travisalexander.blogspot.com/

Link to a "Timed" Video of  pics, taken in shower.  GRAPHIC, Viewer Discretion Advised  [this video will ONLY play on computers, not cell phones etc.]     http://s1309.beta.photobucket.com/user/wasthinking/media/TravisAlexander_zpsad4bd0f7.mp4.html

Travis Memorial Video, (iirc, this was made by a close friend of Travis')   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHT5ii-lLmI&feature=endscreen&NR=1

The trial is aired on TruTV, which usually runs behind the actual live court day, for hrs etc.  It can be seen live here: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130110community-mesa-articles-jodi-arias-murder-trial-mesa-arizona-live-video.html?nclick_check=1 

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:03 PM
i dont see it as he used her, i think she figured hed wifey her up and when the next time the subject came up, it was the last time,

Quoting Dee0886:

Don't get me wrong I completely agree that nothing this man "may" have done warrants him being murdered period, let alone murdered in such a brutal premeditated way. I have no doubt she planned to kill him in which case, she does deserve the death penalty.

That being said I does bother me he used her the way he did even though he KNEW she was crazy. He had all these feelings about her being possibly dangerous and a stalker and still allowed her in his house. A man or not its VERY clear she has self esteem issues and needed a man attention and even though she was out of her mind, he still had sex with her.

But again, this doesn't mean he deserved what he got and I definitely believe she deserves the dp simply bc she completely planned this attack if he didn't do what she wanted. And I believe when he told her he was still going on vacation with that other woman and refused a meaningful relationship with Jodi, she carried out that attack.

And you are so right about the seal lol.

Quoting duets:

lokilover
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Since hearing everything so far, no I don't think she deserves the death penalty.  Life in prison yes, and IF that's a HUGE IF, there's  more evidence against Travis perhaps I'll go as far as saying maybe she should get less than life in prison.  I don't know why I feel this way.  What she did was really horrible.   

Quoting Dee0886:

Do think she should get the death penalty?

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Jodi, is guility & should spend the rest of her life in prison.  My question is, since Travis told his family that don't be surprise if he doesn't come back (dies).  He wasn't even joking about that.  That's what I understand.  Then, WHY did he continue to see Jodi?  WHY would he carry on having phone sex & spend all day having sex?  All while he knew he didn't want to be with her, heck he was searching for a 'good Mormon'??  I don't know how others feel about that, but I feel he is partly to blame.  

Yes, Jodi is guilty of murdering Travis & should pay the price.  But, it really bothers me when I hear guys doing this to women.  I mean, not to say she is innocent.  But, imo he wasn't either.  Maybe, this case will have men that uses women for sex, being a lot more careful.  Or it can happen to them.   

Quoting Dee0886:

Tell me about it. She was obsessed with him, granted if he was so freaked out about her and felt like she was stalking him, maybe having sex with her wasn't the smartest thing to do, but good lord she's a nutball.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

CRAZY.

That is the only thought that crosses my mind... This woman is CRAZY.

How is it him using her for sex? We could just as easily say she was using him for sex. Presumably, they both enjoyed it or else they wouldn't have been doing it. I don't understand how you think she deserves less time for murdering him because they were in a sexual relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured