Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Jodi Arias trial.....Updated#4 POLL ADDED

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think the outcome of this case will be?

Options:

Not Guilty/Hung Jury/Self Defense

First Degree Murder/Premeditation/Felony Murder

Second Degree Murder

Manslaughter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

It's big news here in AZ, but is anyone else following?

Shot in the head, throat slit, and 29 stab wounds....a bit of overkill for self defense and this chicks story has changed 3 times. Not to mention the sex and shower photos taken of her AND him only moment before his was murdered....and pictures on his camera of his dead, bloody body....is there any way this woman in not guilty??

I'm glued to this trial....

UPDATE 2/20

I've been keeping tabs on all the comments and I have to say, as far as girls wanting the acceptance of a male figure, they do what they can to please them. That's a fact. So he could have been humiliating her sexually. No one but those two can know for sure. I know women who do what they can and aim to please an abusive man. I also know that many abusive men aren't abusinve where everyone can see, so I don't think any of us can say she's lying about that. Because we just don't know.

HOWEVER, she has had 5 years to study up on battered woman syndrom and psychology when it comes to any type of abused woman and figure out what her story will be. I can't say no he wasn't abusive, because I don't know them. I wasn't a fly on the wall when everything was going down, so unfortunately we have to (to a point) go by what she is saying. But as far as her testimony today, and watching her interviews from the past, I find the fact that it wasn't premeditated and the fact that it went down the way she claims it did, VERY hard to believe. So I believe she should get life for premeditation. 

I get a woman who is so sexually or physically abused by a man she loves snapping and blacking out and killing him because, sometimes you just cannot take it anymore. BUT I just cannot bring myself to buy her story of what happened the day she killed him. The evidence strongly points at him being blitz attacked. That he didn't see it coming.

Keep weighing in ladies! 

3/7/13

WOW!!! An awesome insight into what the jurors are thinking. They don't seem to be buying her "I don't remember" bs about killing Travis. They also seem to be leaning more towards it looking like premeditation. They asked pretty good questions IMO. 

What do you think about the jury questions??

3/25

IMO this "expert" has crippled the defense instead of helping them. I'm almost wondering why the state doesn't rest now lol. Why is the defense keeping this man on the stand. He's suppose to be back up there but this go round is with Juan Martinez (who i love by the way he's like a little chihuahua nipping at your ankles lol). After this, I almost see no win for the defense. ALSO: new evidence about Jodi being the original companion for Travis' Cancun vacay, then bumped for another woman....slam dunk motive. Do you agree or disagree?

5/3

Wow....I can't believe its almost over. What did you tihnk about Nurmi and Martinez' closing arguments? What are your verdict predictions?? Remember...people were so sure OJ and Casey Anthony would be found guilty.....My prediction is the state will get what they want with 1st degree murder. 

Let us all hope that justice is done for Travis and his family whatever the outcome!

5/8

In case you haven't heard GUILTY 1ST DEGREE FELONY AND PREMEDITATED MURDER.....will she get death or just life in prison? 

Justice for Travis and his family has been done. RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (181-190):
karenax
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Did you see on HLN they had her parents and a diary. The diary has a lot of sexual (shocker) ramblings and she wrote (it sounds like the time she "claimed" he hit her) that while they were driving he got angry but calmed down quickly and she rambled about how loving her was after, never mentioned him hitting her. I imagine in your personal diary this is where she would said these things. I don't believe he abused her. I think she started becoming to clingy and needy he tried to break it off but she used sex to keep him interested. The DV expert says Jodi wasn't a  jealous person. If not then why stalk him, hack into his emails and questions the girls he dated.

I am hoping when Juan Martinez get up to question the DV expert he says "and you got all this information from Miss Arias, the same girl that lied to the police, lied about where she was, everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Everything you've described about Miss Arias and abuse can also be turned around and it was Travis that suffered the abuse from Jodi and payed the ultimate price. I can't wait for her to get off the stand to the prosecution can start their rebuttal.

cat405
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM
I really hate her. I hope the jury doesn't mess up like they did with Casey.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Hi! It's been awhile since I came in to continue this conversation as well. I am just beside myself in this JA case. I keep telling myself that this is just all BS, so ignore it. But, I can't help myself. I've been pretty much glued to this trial. I plan my day around when it's on, I dvr it when I'm gone. It's crazy I know. Can someone here tell me what the heck is going on? I mean, first this so-called expert & his disagnoses of her. Then this expert on domestic violence. Is it because they were paid very well to be on the witness stand for the defense, is WHY they have said what they have said about Jodi. With her so-called diagnose's. Now this D.V. expert, does she really think that Travis was an abuser? With NO proof or evidence of this. Both of these experts are going by what Jodi says. (the liar). So, can anyone tell me why in world would these experts say what they said, knowing she lies? This D.V. woman, she is really making me angry. Because, she is up on the stand saying all these horrible things about Travis. The guy that was butchered by Jodi.
Quoting My2Girls9395:

Hi All

I know I'm joining the discussion late but I have been going absolutely insane finding somewhere to discuss the JA case.

So today started watching HLN's Friday program of JA 18 days on the stand and I just can't express how ticked I am where Martinez is trying to get her to look at the monitor of TA body in the shower (I'm assuming) but she is sitting there "sobbing" and covering her face & will not look at the monitor!

I would LOVE to see the interrogation video of her asking to see the crime scene photos on rebuttal! She was VERY intrigued in seeing those pictures with no tears, if I am not mistake the pictures were shown to her!   UUGGHHHHHHH It's kind of like the perp returning to the scene of the crime with her asking to view the pictures.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I have a few things that just keep going through my mind on this case. So, I'm just going to ramble on, please forgive me for doing so lol. 1. Is the reason why this trial has turned into a 'circus' is because it's on TV? I can't believe that trials are actually like this. First, when Jodi was on the stand. How is it she is able to talk to Martinez the way she did? The smirking, laughing, smiling. Correcting Martinez left & right. This CAN'T be the way a 'real' trial is. It's just unbelievable to me how ANY Judge could allow this. 2. Does the DV expert really think Jodi was in a domestic violent relationship? She believed that Travis was violent against Jodi. This is going by what Jodi says? By Jodi' journals. I heard that Jodi has been in trouble in jail now about 7 times. She stoled pens & hid them. (plus other things). I'm thinking that was because she was doing her journals while in jail those few yrs. She was setting this all up, so an expert could read them. I DON'T believe any of what Jodi says. I don't believe Travis EVER hit Jodi. I believe Travis was trying to get her away from him. Yes, he couldn't resist the sex she was offering him. How could this expert on stand say what she said? A man that was butchered by Jodi. Yet, she is siding with Jodi. Everything this expert has said, has nothing to do with this case. It's all lies. How could this expert swear on the stand & say what she has said?
WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Is it just me, or is the only time this trial isn't a total snooze fest, is when Martinez is grilling someone on cross examination?  I have been keeping up with highlights of the trial, but the only time I really watch the trial is during cross.  The defense's case has gone on for way too long, and the constant replaying of the sex tapes by JA's attornes is getting old. The only thing that those tapes prove is that both JA and TA enjoyed kinky sex.  There is no evidence that Travis was a deviant, nor have I heard on shread of evidence that Jodi was a battered woman.  From what I saw of the crime scene during the trial, all the evidence points to a rage killing.  In my opinion, Jodi killed her ex, because she was po'd that Travis wasn't taking her to Cancun, and instead decided to take another woman.  I also believe that she had it in her mind that if she couldn't have Travis all to herself, noone could.  I also noticed that Jodi is starting to feel the noose tighten on her, and that is why she grinning an laughing when juror #5 was booted from the jury.   It made me sick to see her so happy in court after the decision was announced,  especially when everyone could see how upset Travis's family was.  I loved it when the booted juror showed up in court the next day to witness the trial as a specatator. I though JA was going to have a heart attack when she turned around and saw the women sitting behind her in court.  It makes me wonder just how much influence JA had on her defense teams decision to get her booted in the first place.  I can't wait until this trial is over, and JA is locked up where she belongs.

Also. I don't buy the BS that Jodi suffers from migranes, and that she is being mistreated in jail. She claims that the sheriff hasn't been provideing her with proper nourishment. I call bull. From what I heard, imates in that county in  AZ get approx 2100 cals a day.  If I ate that many calories in one day, I would really be packing on the pounds.  I honestly think  Jodi  refuses to eat what is provided to her, which would explain the ridiculous amount of weight she lost while in jail.  If you look at pick of her back in 2008 and compare it to he now. She looks rail thin and sickly.  Some people may find this mean to say, but I am wondering if she is doing this for attention.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel she should get the death penalty. I also believe it WAS premeditated. I believe she used those gas cans, so it wouldn't show up that she was in AZ. I believe she stoled the gun from her grandparents, & that's the gun that she used to kill Travis. I believe she recorded that sex tape & set Travis up, getting him to say things so she could have it on tape. She planned on killing him & she planned on having the tape played in court. To paint Travis in a horrible light. I believe while Travis was in a vulnerable position in the shower, while she was taking pics. of him. Then she attacked him, when he least expected it. Those first stabs weakened him & he was losing lots of blood. I believe he went to the sink & coughed up blood. He was dying at that point. He was trying to get away from her & she kept stabbing him. That's how he received those stabs wounds on his hands & head. Then, he fell to the ground & she cut him neck to neck. She drugged him to the shower, shooting him in the head. That's when the shell went on top of the dried blood that was already there from the stabbing.
Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I have no sympathy for her, as she had none for him.  Her vicious premeditated attack was gruesome beyond comprehension.  She is an adult that obviously had stalking issues way before TA came along.  She was a willing participant in their sexcapades,  and as for her vicious accusations of him abusing her and wanting young boys is not collaborated by a shred of evidence or a single person.  She's attempted to lie her way out of this time and time again.  When all else failed she settled on abuse to further victimize the man she murdered.  She deserves to spend the rest of her life in prison without the possibility of parole.  If the tables were turned and TA murdered her in such a violent outburst, an awful lot of CMrs would be calling for him to receive the death penalty and dismissing his claims of self-defense to bet.

Quoting pamk5641:

I don't know.  In my opinion, I do not think Travis was nice to Jodi most of the time and I think she really tried to please him and loved him but may have not been loved by him in return.  It still is not a reason to slaughter someone but I don't think she is as crazy as a lot of people are saying.  I sometimes find myself feeling sorry for her as she seemed to want to please him so much but was met with his demeaning abusive behavior and not giving her love and respect in return. 

I know she already confessed to killing him so she is going to stay in prison for years but I hope she doesn't get the death penalty.  I can't stand the prosecutor and find him to be very mean and unprofessional and out of line many times during his cross. 

I think the DV expert is doing a good job and also liked the prior expert even though he was not organized but he really had a lot of experience but the prosecutor had nothing but vile to spew at him.  I think the jury will not look kindly upon that behavior at all and may lean towards the defense if he keeps up his attacks and vile behavior.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I agree, the only time this case is interesting is when Martinez takes over. I hope on Mon. that Martinez rips into what this DV expert has said. I was so upset listening to what this woman said about Travis. My husband said, sounds like she's a 'man hater' lol. I agree & this is what makes me mad, is there is NO evidence to DV on Jodi. So, why/how can this expert say what she has said. This woman expert has been doing this for a very long time, how in the world can she just go by what 'liar' Jodi is saying. I just don't understand how an expert can just come to that conclusion from a proven liar. I'm just not understanding all of this. There is NO evidence at all that Travis even hit her once. I would like to believe that when a person that is called to the stand & is a so-called expert in this area of DV, that this woman would be 100% positive of what she is claiming. That brings the question, how can she be 100% positive? What does she go by to draw these conclusions? Jodi the liar? No pics., no police or Dr's report, no one she knew said anything like this. No one saw injuries on Jodi. You would think that IF Jodi wanted to make sure she had evidence, she would of just taken pics. of her injuries.
Quoting WesternNYmom:

Is it just me, or is the only time this trial isn't a total snooze fest, is when Martinez is grilling someone on cross examination?  I have been keeping up with highlights of the trial, but the only time I really watch the trial is during cross.  The defense's case has gone on for way too long, and the constant replaying of the sex tapes by JA's attornes is getting old. The only thing that those tapes prove is that both JA and TA enjoyed kinky sex.  There is no evidence that Travis was a deviant, nor have I heard on shread of evidence that Jodi was a battered woman.  From what I saw of the crime scene during the trial, all the evidence points to a rage killing.  In my opinion, Jodi killed her ex, because she was po'd that Travis wasn't taking her to Cancun, and instead decided to take another woman.  I also believe that she had it in her mind that if she couldn't have Travis all to herself, noone could.  I also noticed that Jodi is starting to feel the noose tighten on her, and that is why she grinning an laughing when juror #5 was booted from the jury.   It made me sick to see her so happy in court after the decision was announced,  especially when everyone could see how upset Travis's family was.  I loved it when the booted juror showed up in court the next day to witness the trial as a specatator. I though JA was going to have a heart attack when she turned around and saw the women sitting behind her in court.  It makes me wonder just how much influence JA had on her defense teams decision to get her booted in the first place.  I can't wait until this trial is over, and JA is locked up where she belongs.

Also. I don't buy the BS that Jodi suffers from migranes, and that she is being mistreated in jail. She claims that the sheriff hasn't been provideing her with proper nourishment. I call bull. From what I heard, imates in that county in  AZ get approx 2100 cals a day.  If I ate that many calories in one day, I would really be packing on the pounds.  I honestly think  Jodi  refuses to eat what is provided to her, which would explain the ridiculous amount of weight she lost while in jail.  If you look at pick of her back in 2008 and compare it to he now. She looks rail thin and sickly.  Some people may find this mean to say, but I am wondering if she is doing this for attention.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Oh & no it's not mean to say that Jodi is trying to get attention, that's why she's not eating everything she has been given. I think she planned to lose weight, so that would make her look weak. That she couldn't of dragged Travis body back into the shower. Also, to have people feel sorry for her. I wonder if Martinez, can bring up all what Jodi did, the stalking, slashing Travis & his girl/friend's tires, crawling through the doggie door & sleeping on his coach. Staring through his windows, hacking into Travis's accts., sending that horrible letter to Travis's girl/friend. I think that Martinez did an excellent job with the man expert. So, I have confidence that he will do the same with this DV woman.
Quoting WesternNYmom:

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Same here. I do believe that the DV woman knows her stuff when it comes to DV, but what I don't understand is how this woman and the guy before her could just , base on the words of a confermed liar,  come to the conclusion that Jodi is a battered woman suffering from PSTD. This just goes to show how manipulative Jodi can be.   I have no doubt that Martienez is going to use everything that Jodi said on the stand to his advantage. I wouldn't be surpised if he goes through her lies one by one during closing.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh & no it's not mean to say that Jodi is trying to get attention, that's why she's not eating everything she has been given. I think she planned to lose weight, so that would make her look weak. That she couldn't of dragged Travis body back into the shower. Also, to have people feel sorry for her. I wonder if Martinez, can bring up all what Jodi did, the stalking, slashing Travis & his girl/friend's tires, crawling through the doggie door & sleeping on his coach. Staring through his windows, hacking into Travis's accts., sending that horrible letter to Travis's girl/friend. I think that Martinez did an excellent job with the man expert. So, I have confidence that he will do the same with this DV woman.
Quoting WesternNYmom:

duets
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:23 AM
4 moms liked this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured