Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Jodi Arias trial.....Updated#4 POLL ADDED

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think the outcome of this case will be?

Options:

Not Guilty/Hung Jury/Self Defense

First Degree Murder/Premeditation/Felony Murder

Second Degree Murder

Manslaughter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

It's big news here in AZ, but is anyone else following?

Shot in the head, throat slit, and 29 stab wounds....a bit of overkill for self defense and this chicks story has changed 3 times. Not to mention the sex and shower photos taken of her AND him only moment before his was murdered....and pictures on his camera of his dead, bloody body....is there any way this woman in not guilty??

I'm glued to this trial....

UPDATE 2/20

I've been keeping tabs on all the comments and I have to say, as far as girls wanting the acceptance of a male figure, they do what they can to please them. That's a fact. So he could have been humiliating her sexually. No one but those two can know for sure. I know women who do what they can and aim to please an abusive man. I also know that many abusive men aren't abusinve where everyone can see, so I don't think any of us can say she's lying about that. Because we just don't know.

HOWEVER, she has had 5 years to study up on battered woman syndrom and psychology when it comes to any type of abused woman and figure out what her story will be. I can't say no he wasn't abusive, because I don't know them. I wasn't a fly on the wall when everything was going down, so unfortunately we have to (to a point) go by what she is saying. But as far as her testimony today, and watching her interviews from the past, I find the fact that it wasn't premeditated and the fact that it went down the way she claims it did, VERY hard to believe. So I believe she should get life for premeditation. 

I get a woman who is so sexually or physically abused by a man she loves snapping and blacking out and killing him because, sometimes you just cannot take it anymore. BUT I just cannot bring myself to buy her story of what happened the day she killed him. The evidence strongly points at him being blitz attacked. That he didn't see it coming.

Keep weighing in ladies! 

3/7/13

WOW!!! An awesome insight into what the jurors are thinking. They don't seem to be buying her "I don't remember" bs about killing Travis. They also seem to be leaning more towards it looking like premeditation. They asked pretty good questions IMO. 

What do you think about the jury questions??

3/25

IMO this "expert" has crippled the defense instead of helping them. I'm almost wondering why the state doesn't rest now lol. Why is the defense keeping this man on the stand. He's suppose to be back up there but this go round is with Juan Martinez (who i love by the way he's like a little chihuahua nipping at your ankles lol). After this, I almost see no win for the defense. ALSO: new evidence about Jodi being the original companion for Travis' Cancun vacay, then bumped for another woman....slam dunk motive. Do you agree or disagree?

5/3

Wow....I can't believe its almost over. What did you tihnk about Nurmi and Martinez' closing arguments? What are your verdict predictions?? Remember...people were so sure OJ and Casey Anthony would be found guilty.....My prediction is the state will get what they want with 1st degree murder. 

Let us all hope that justice is done for Travis and his family whatever the outcome!

5/8

In case you haven't heard GUILTY 1ST DEGREE FELONY AND PREMEDITATED MURDER.....will she get death or just life in prison? 

Justice for Travis and his family has been done. RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (191-200):
karenax
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:29 AM

I do the same as you. At 9 am I watch In Session to watch the previous days session, then I turn it on HLN and it says there up until 11pm.  If she was Travis's dirty little secret and she claimed no one knew of them as a couple she had an lot of pictures of them together, some you could tell they were taken by someone else. As for the Travis's T-shirt/uw  I think it was his was of showing her that at the time he wanted to be with her. And about the spiderman uw did she say she threw them out? I thought the DA said the ones Travis gave her were spiderman, you can see that they weren't.  

I think everything she has done has been for attention. The many glasses changes in the first few weeks, the little girl hair styles and frumpy clothes. When she cries real tears her hair is away from her face and when she's faking all her hair surrounds her face, butwhen she can still talk w/o sounding like she's really crying. During Friday when JM was questioning the DV woman I noticed Jodi kept raising her eyebrows and attempting to have an innocent look on her face. She teared up during the DV expert when the subject was about her but has never shed a genuine tear for Travis.

It was brought up on HLN that Jodi was originally going on the Cancun trip according to the list of guests and was changed to the new girl.  I also think her was her last ditch effort to get Travis to take her instead so she did what she does best and seduced him hoping he would change his mind and take her.  I agree that she figured if she can't have him no one would.

Its too bad the jury will never see the police interviews with Jodi's crazy antics or her parents interview. Today should be interesting with JM, did you see how the DV expert put her elbow on the stand and had her chin on her hand, she got a little cocky. I'm sure HLN will have their body expert on tonight.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh & no it's not mean to say that Jodi is trying to get attention, that's why she's not eating everything she has been given. I think she planned to lose weight, so that would make her look weak. That she couldn't of dragged Travis body back into the shower. Also, to have people feel sorry for her. I wonder if Martinez, can bring up all what Jodi did, the stalking, slashing Travis & his girl/friend's tires, crawling through the doggie door & sleeping on his coach. Staring through his windows, hacking into Travis's accts., sending that horrible letter to Travis's girl/friend. I think that Martinez did an excellent job with the man expert. So, I have confidence that he will do the same with this DV woman.
Quoting WesternNYmom:

Is it just me, or is the only time this trial isn't a total snooze fest, is when Martinez is grilling someone on cross examination?  I have been keeping up with highlights of the trial, but the only time I really watch the trial is during cross.  The defense's case has gone on for way too long, and the constant replaying of the sex tapes by JA's attornes is getting old. The only thing that those tapes prove is that both JA and TA enjoyed kinky sex.  There is no evidence that Travis was a deviant, nor have I heard on shread of evidence that Jodi was a battered woman.  From what I saw of the crime scene during the trial, all the evidence points to a rage killing.  In my opinion, Jodi killed her ex, because she was po'd that Travis wasn't taking her to Cancun, and instead decided to take another woman.  I also believe that she had it in her mind that if she couldn't have Travis all to herself, noone could.  I also noticed that Jodi is starting to feel the noose tighten on her, and that is why she grinning an laughing when juror #5 was booted from the jury.   It made me sick to see her so happy in court after the decision was announced,  especially when everyone could see how upset Travis's family was.  I loved it when the booted juror showed up in court the next day to witness the trial as a specatator. I though JA was going to have a heart attack when she turned around and saw the women sitting behind her in court.  It makes me wonder just how much influence JA had on her defense teams decision to get her booted in the first place.  I can't wait until this trial is over, and JA is locked up where she belongs.

Also. I don't buy the BS that Jodi suffers from migranes, and that she is being mistreated in jail. She claims that the sheriff hasn't been provideing her with proper nourishment. I call bull. From what I heard, imates in that county in  AZ get approx 2100 cals a day.  If I ate that many calories in one day, I would really be packing on the pounds.  I honestly think  Jodi  refuses to eat what is provided to her, which would explain the ridiculous amount of weight she lost while in jail.  If you look at pick of her back in 2008 and compare it to he now. She looks rail thin and sickly.  Some people may find this mean to say, but I am wondering if she is doing this for attention.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Love the pic! :) I can't wait for Martinez to 'do his thing' today! GO Martinez!
Quoting duets:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I like having the 'body expert' on HLN. It's very interesting to hear what she has to say about body movements. I thought it was strange (funny) how the DV woman said "Mr. Martinez are you mad at me". I think she may of said that to show how angry Martinez is. Trying to prove her points on Travis being an abuser. I'd bet she would also say that Mr. Martinez is an abuser as well. She speaks about Travis's behaviors, but how about Jodi's? I'm sure Martinez will bring that up. But, this DV woman is pretty good, I'd bet she'll have excuses for that & that Jodi was abused as a child. I'm just not getting that. IMO I don't see Jodi's parents as abusive. To say it's 'physically' abusive to use a wooden spoon as she did on her kids, is physical abuse, I don't agree. Yes, it might be to some, but I personally wouldn't go that far in saying it is. To say that her dad saying his daughter was 'strange' isn't emotional abuse to me. So, I'm not getting where this DV or even some Defense Attorney's, saying it is. I mean gee, if they look at most households then, one could probably point out "Oh..that's physical, emotional abuse". My dad used the 'belt' when us kids did something wrong. I know a lot will say that is physical abuse, honestly I don't see it. I didn't think it was then, I don't think it is now. Some will disagree.
Quoting karenax:

I do the same as you. At 9 am I watch In Session to watch the previous days session, then I turn it on HLN and it says there up until 11pm.  If she was Travis's dirty little secret and she claimed no one knew of them as a couple she had an lot of pictures of them together, some you could tell they were taken by someone else. As for the Travis's T-shirt/uw  I think it was his was of showing her that at the time he wanted to be with her. And about the spiderman uw did she say she threw them out? I thought the DA said the ones Travis gave her were spiderman, you can see that they weren't.  

I think everything she has done has been for attention. The many glasses changes in the first few weeks, the little girl hair styles and frumpy clothes. When she cries real tears her hair is away from her face and when she's faking all her hair surrounds her face, butwhen she can still talk w/o sounding like she's really crying. During Friday when JM was questioning the DV woman I noticed Jodi kept raising her eyebrows and attempting to have an innocent look on her face. She teared up during the DV expert when the subject was about her but has never shed a genuine tear for Travis.

It was brought up on HLN that Jodi was originally going on the Cancun trip according to the list of guests and was changed to the new girl.  I also think her was her last ditch effort to get Travis to take her instead so she did what she does best and seduced him hoping he would change his mind and take her.  I agree that she figured if she can't have him no one would.

Its too bad the jury will never see the police interviews with Jodi's crazy antics or her parents interview. Today should be interesting with JM, did you see how the DV expert put her elbow on the stand and had her chin on her hand, she got a little cocky. I'm sure HLN will have their body expert on tonight.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Oh & no it's not mean to say that Jodi is trying to get attention, that's why she's not eating everything she has been given. I think she planned to lose weight, so that would make her look weak. That she couldn't of dragged Travis body back into the shower. Also, to have people feel sorry for her. I wonder if Martinez, can bring up all what Jodi did, the stalking, slashing Travis & his girl/friend's tires, crawling through the doggie door & sleeping on his coach. Staring through his windows, hacking into Travis's accts., sending that horrible letter to Travis's girl/friend. I think that Martinez did an excellent job with the man expert. So, I have confidence that he will do the same with this DV woman.
Quoting WesternNYmom:

Is it just me, or is the only time this trial isn't a total snooze fest, is when Martinez is grilling someone on cross examination?  I have been keeping up with highlights of the trial, but the only time I really watch the trial is during cross.  The defense's case has gone on for way too long, and the constant replaying of the sex tapes by JA's attornes is getting old. The only thing that those tapes prove is that both JA and TA enjoyed kinky sex.  There is no evidence that Travis was a deviant, nor have I heard on shread of evidence that Jodi was a battered woman.  From what I saw of the crime scene during the trial, all the evidence points to a rage killing.  In my opinion, Jodi killed her ex, because she was po'd that Travis wasn't taking her to Cancun, and instead decided to take another woman.  I also believe that she had it in her mind that if she couldn't have Travis all to herself, noone could.  I also noticed that Jodi is starting to feel the noose tighten on her, and that is why she grinning an laughing when juror #5 was booted from the jury.   It made me sick to see her so happy in court after the decision was announced,  especially when everyone could see how upset Travis's family was.  I loved it when the booted juror showed up in court the next day to witness the trial as a specatator. I though JA was going to have a heart attack when she turned around and saw the women sitting behind her in court.  It makes me wonder just how much influence JA had on her defense teams decision to get her booted in the first place.  I can't wait until this trial is over, and JA is locked up where she belongs.

Also. I don't buy the BS that Jodi suffers from migranes, and that she is being mistreated in jail. She claims that the sheriff hasn't been provideing her with proper nourishment. I call bull. From what I heard, imates in that county in  AZ get approx 2100 cals a day.  If I ate that many calories in one day, I would really be packing on the pounds.  I honestly think  Jodi  refuses to eat what is provided to her, which would explain the ridiculous amount of weight she lost while in jail.  If you look at pick of her back in 2008 and compare it to he now. She looks rail thin and sickly.  Some people may find this mean to say, but I am wondering if she is doing this for attention.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I never thought Travis physically abused Jodi. What I'm really not understand is how an expert DV can use a person's diary & Jodi's words (which she's a proven liar more than once) and go by that to say on the stand in court, that Jodi was in a 'domestic violence' relationship. I think those yrs. she spent in jail waiting for her trial, she wrote all those journals. She already has on her jail records, she has 7 things she did & written up for. I wonder if the State can use that in this trial? 1 was for fighting with her jailmate. She also has been sneaking in more pens into her cell, hiding them under her mattress. Plus, other cosmetics. Also, she wrote codes in a magazine & gave it to I believe her guy friend. Getting him to lie for her. Couldn't Martinez bring that up? Back to the DV expert. I just don't understand how an expert can say she was physically abused by Travis. When she saw no pics.,records or any witness that said they saw her injuries. I not getting that. An expert can draw their conclusions based on what Jodi said & her journals? She also was going by text messeges sent by Travis & his other g/f's messeges. I probably stopped watching it when the DV said what she said. Can't quite remember either what was said. But, wouldn't an expert have to see also what Jodi did to Travis. Jodi's stalking, the g/f's email she received from Jodi. That was threatening. So, if the expert is going to say it was Travis how about Jodi. I'm thinking anything that Travis said, was ONLY because of what Jodi was doing to him. I think it's really wrong what this DV is doing. She doesn't seem to think about the other side. Travis's side & what Jodi did. That's what I don't understand. Doesn't matter still doesn't prove Travis abused her. Just because Travis got angry at times, doesn't prove anything. Wouldn't an expert have to also find out Travis's side.
Quoting karenax:

Did you see on HLN they had her parents and a diary. The diary has a lot of sexual (shocker) ramblings and she wrote (it sounds like the time she "claimed" he hit her) that while they were driving he got angry but calmed down quickly and she rambled about how loving her was after, never mentioned him hitting her. I imagine in your personal diary this is where she would said these things. I don't believe he abused her. I think she started becoming to clingy and needy he tried to break it off but she used sex to keep him interested. The DV expert says Jodi wasn't a  jealous person. If not then why stalk him, hack into his emails and questions the girls he dated.

I am hoping when Juan Martinez get up to question the DV expert he says "and you got all this information from Miss Arias, the same girl that lied to the police, lied about where she was, everything that comes out of her mouth is a lie. Everything you've described about Miss Arias and abuse can also be turned around and it was Travis that suffered the abuse from Jodi and payed the ultimate price. I can't wait for her to get off the stand to the prosecution can start their rebuttal.

karenax
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I'm wonder when JM gives his rebuttal case if he can bring in a DVexpert to say that Jodi was the abuser in this particular case. JM is being aggressive with this DV and he's getting to her. He's put holes in her testimony, and I do agree with him that she is biased. If you notice she keeps looking over at the defense and it was brought up on HLN that the woman attorney looked as if she was "accidently" gesturing to the DV expert but realized what she did and fixed her hair. She may have or she maybe she was going to object and changed her mind.

On Dr Drew, his jurors said that on Thursday that the DV expert when up to Travis's sister and whispered something, stepped back with her arm flailing, and left. The juror when up to the sister and told her that she had victim rights and she didn't have to put up that. The sister said "thanks but JM is on top of this".

Again the defense is asking for a mistrial for prosecutory  misconduct. For JM yelling at the DVand others during their testimony and withholding evidence. I don't think the judge will grant it, plus I don't think JM is stupid to withhold anything.

It was brought up last night that she made stuff up in her diary  after she killed Travis to make it look like she was innocent and had no idea that the was dead. She is so calculating and just plan sick. I love how the DV said that Jodi only lied after she killed TA. She drives me crazy how she keeps referring to JM as "Mr. Martinez" in ever sentence. In th beginning the staff on HLN said she was likeable but not so much any more.  Can't wait to see the drama today.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Wow, what a day today! That would be so great if Martinez could bring in their own DV expert. But, the one the Defense has, I tell you...this can't be the way they come up with their conclusion that someone was being abused. This DV expert chooses what she wants to believe & ignoring very important info. For example: That she has never spoken to Jodi's parents or friends. I find that very strange. In one of those texts that Travis & a girl/friend of his, in it he told ther that he has a stalker, Jodi & I'm extremely afraid of her. The DV expert said she didn't find it credible. The DV expert also had to admit she made a mistake saying that Travis was the one that video recorded that phone sex. She never talked to Jodi's parents or friends. Why? I think we all know the answer to that. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard this DV expert say to Martinez "if you were in my group I would have to tell you to take a time out". Are you kidding me! I heard that about the DV expert going up to one of Travis's family member. I wonder what she said? The nerve of that woman! I think maybe that was the reason for the delay this morning.
Quoting karenax:

I'm wonder when JM gives his rebuttal case if he can bring in a DVexpert to say that Jodi was the abuser in this particular case. JM is being aggressive with this DV and he's getting to her. He's put holes in her testimony, and I do agree with him that she is biased. If you notice she keeps looking over at the defense and it was brought up on HLN that the woman attorney looked as if she was "accidently" gesturing to the DV expert but realized what she did and fixed her hair. She may have or she maybe she was going to object and changed her mind.

On Dr Drew, his jurors said that on Thursday that the DV expert when up to Travis's sister and whispered something, stepped back with her arm flailing, and left. The juror when up to the sister and told her that she had victim rights and she didn't have to put up that. The sister said "thanks but JM is on top of this".

Again the defense is asking for a mistrial for prosecutory  misconduct. For JM yelling at the DVand others during their testimony and withholding evidence. I don't think the judge will grant it, plus I don't think JM is stupid to withhold anything.

It was brought up last night that she made stuff up in her diary  after she killed Travis to make it look like she was innocent and had no idea that the was dead. She is so calculating and just plan sick. I love how the DV said that Jodi only lied after she killed TA. She drives me crazy how she keeps referring to JM as "Mr. Martinez" in ever sentence. In th beginning the staff on HLN said she was likeable but not so much any more.  Can't wait to see the drama today.

karenax
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Although its taking a long time JM is literally making her testimony mute. Did you notice that every time she feels pressured she looks over to the defense? I loved how Jodi rolled her eyes and mouthed "sustained". She probably thinks she is no longer the accused but is on the defense team.

The DV expert has become so cocky and it doesn't look good for her. I heard the jury has overflowed the question box. I'll bet that they want to know how do you believe just one side of a case of DV w/o questioning anyone else. She is as bad as Jodi, she manipulates her testimony to fit the needs of DV that did not exist.

I honestly think the at the time Jodi was complimented when Travis called her a porn star, I can picture her giggling because as off as it sounds I think he was praising her sexual skills. As for Pollyanna I'm sure it was when she wore the braids she was called that. She could have left him at anytime. She claimed that she was uncomfortable when he performed oral sex on her early in the relationship. All she had to do was push his head away and say no. Did she? No. The phone sex if I remember correctly wasn't it she the one that said she was masturbating first, and as for calling her a 15 yr old, her voice sounded like a little kid during that particular call. I'm sure there was a lot of role playing.  She even wore the infamous "braids" the day she killed him.

I don't understand why the jury can't see parts of the police interviews,  how can it be prejudicial. Show them how shallow she is, the need for attention with asking if she was being recorded, if Travis's family knew, if it was going to be on TV. How it seems to be all about Jodi. I also wonder if the DV expert saw any of the police interviews. Today should be another intense day.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Well time to discuss what's been going on in this trial again. Martinez was so great this wk. It took awhile, but he was able to get to the DV expert. He was able to get some real key points in. The fact that the DV woman didn't interview anyone & just took the word of what Jodi told her. Jodi, a well-known liar, even the DV woman admitted that. Martinez was able to show this to the juror & how bias this woman is towards Jodi. What upset me the most is how this DV woman would never admit to anything Jodi did. Never even batted a eye to the fact Travis said in a text, he was EXTREMELY afraid of Jodi, telling a girl/friend that Jodi was the stalker. Yet, this DV expert woman ignored it. Did anyone hear how this DV expert, at the end of today's court, the Judge told the DV expert to be here on Tues. Then, the DV woman was saying something about it, like she was trying to get out of it. Then, the judge said something about "don't tell me about your personal problems", that you will be here on Tues. FINALLY the judge got strict with someone on the Defense side. I wonder what that's all about? Because, the DV woman's testimony is done. The judge hinted, & said to the DV woman "you know what this is about"....I wonder what it is?
Quoting karenax:

Although its taking a long time JM is literally making her testimony mute. Did you notice that every time she feels pressured she looks over to the defense? I loved how Jodi rolled her eyes and mouthed "sustained". She probably thinks she is no longer the accused but is on the defense team.

The DV expert has become so cocky and it doesn't look good for her. I heard the jury has overflowed the question box. I'll bet that they want to know how do you believe just one side of a case of DV w/o questioning anyone else. She is as bad as Jodi, she manipulates her testimony to fit the needs of DV that did not exist.

I honestly think the at the time Jodi was complimented when Travis called her a porn star, I can picture her giggling because as off as it sounds I think he was praising her sexual skills. As for Pollyanna I'm sure it was when she wore the braids she was called that. She could have left him at anytime. She claimed that she was uncomfortable when he performed oral sex on her early in the relationship. All she had to do was push his head away and say no. Did she? No. The phone sex if I remember correctly wasn't it she the one that said she was masturbating first, and as for calling her a 15 yr old, her voice sounded like a little kid during that particular call. I'm sure there was a lot of role playing.  She even wore the infamous "braids" the day she killed him.

I don't understand why the jury can't see parts of the police interviews,  how can it be prejudicial. Show them how shallow she is, the need for attention with asking if she was being recorded, if Travis's family knew, if it was going to be on TV. How it seems to be all about Jodi. I also wonder if the DV expert saw any of the police interviews. Today should be another intense day.

karenax
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I missed most of the testimony on Thurs and Fri. I can only watch for 3:30 on when I get home from work.  I watch HLN to catch up. Is she finally done testifying? She was getting on my last nerve with her condescendingbehavior.  Between her "MR! Martinez", crossing her arms or putting her elbow on the stand and putting her head on her hand, her cocky smile when she thought she had one up on him.  I am so glad that he brought up the fact that she was biased and clearly the jurors that asked questions saw it too. She believes Jodi because I feel she is a man hater and she too lies. There was no way she was glancing over to her friends. They were not sitting right behind the defense where she was glancing. Every time he asked her a question she felt would not benifit Jodi she glanced over to the defense.

She said she could only go by what she was shown and it was mentioned that she didn't receive ALL of Jodi's writings. Of course they are only going to give the ones that put Travis in a bad light.

Was this in front of the jury when the judge asked her to come back Tuesday? I think it may be because she whispered something into Travis's sister the other day before she left court. She should have known better that to talk to the family especially how she tore him apart. She probably apologized for what she was going to testify to or what she already said.

I can't believe the BS that came out of her mouth especiallyduring the jurors notes. She said Travis suffered more abuse than Jodi, considering he was placed in his grandparents care at an early age and the BS Jodi was spewing about her parents wouldn't it be Jodi that would be the abuser since it appeared she was "abused" longer? Sneaking through a doggie door and spending the night on the couch, Alyce didn't find that stalker-ish? When she was peeking in his windows to catch him with another girl, Alyce said he knew she was coming over. If so why would she be peeking into the window before she came in.  I wish JMshowed her the taped portion where her dad said that Jodi called him crying and admitted to him that she  went over uninvited and caught Travis with another girl. She is clearing biased.

I can't wait to watch In Session on Monday to catch up with Fridays session. I hope they show the part where the judge tells Alyce she will be there on Tuesday before I go to work. It ends at 11 and I have to be at work for 11.

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Looks like the jury isn't buying what the DV expert is selling. Is it just me or does that woman seem to have problems understanding how to answer simple yes or no questions?  I mean come on. Everytime Martinez asked a question that required a  simple yes or no, the DV expert started going into a long, drawn out explantion or just completely avoided the question all together.  What really make me question her credetials was when Martinez compaired the so called abuse Jodi suffered to what Travis went through when he was being murdered and basically asked if she thought that what Travis went through was worse than what Jodi went through. I can't belive that this person, who is supposed to be a non biased professional actual smiled at the defendent and then smuggly answered "No".    Another point I want to bring up. Is it just me or does it seem that Jodi has both her defense attornys and both so called Experts for the defense wrapped around her finger?  The PTSD expert admitted to sending Jodi gifts in jail, and also came of as being biased against Travis, and this DV expert sits on the stand, smiles at the defendant repetedly, and then gets combative with Martinez whenever he asks a question that favors the real victim in this case.  I also noticed that Jodi's female attorny, at times acts more like a friend or even an older sister to the defendant than a lawyer. The camera is always catching glimps of them whispering back and forth to eachother, and laughing and smiling. Meanwhile her other attorney looks like he can't wait for this trial to be over. I honestly don't think he even wants to be there anymore, and he sits so far away from the other attorny  and the defended that it appears that he is no longer part of the legal team. I can't say I don't blame him for wanting out. 

Anyone what to take a guess as to why the juged demanded that the DV expert return to court either Monday or Tuesday?  I thought that she was done testifying.  My guess, is that the judge heard something in the testimony that she wants clarified, or the court found out something about this witness (ethics violations, lying about credentials etc), and she plans to question her about it in chambers. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)