Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The Jodi Arias trial.....Updated#4 POLL ADDED

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What do you think the outcome of this case will be?

Options:

Not Guilty/Hung Jury/Self Defense

First Degree Murder/Premeditation/Felony Murder

Second Degree Murder

Manslaughter

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 29

View Results

It's big news here in AZ, but is anyone else following?

Shot in the head, throat slit, and 29 stab wounds....a bit of overkill for self defense and this chicks story has changed 3 times. Not to mention the sex and shower photos taken of her AND him only moment before his was murdered....and pictures on his camera of his dead, bloody body....is there any way this woman in not guilty??

I'm glued to this trial....

UPDATE 2/20

I've been keeping tabs on all the comments and I have to say, as far as girls wanting the acceptance of a male figure, they do what they can to please them. That's a fact. So he could have been humiliating her sexually. No one but those two can know for sure. I know women who do what they can and aim to please an abusive man. I also know that many abusive men aren't abusinve where everyone can see, so I don't think any of us can say she's lying about that. Because we just don't know.

HOWEVER, she has had 5 years to study up on battered woman syndrom and psychology when it comes to any type of abused woman and figure out what her story will be. I can't say no he wasn't abusive, because I don't know them. I wasn't a fly on the wall when everything was going down, so unfortunately we have to (to a point) go by what she is saying. But as far as her testimony today, and watching her interviews from the past, I find the fact that it wasn't premeditated and the fact that it went down the way she claims it did, VERY hard to believe. So I believe she should get life for premeditation. 

I get a woman who is so sexually or physically abused by a man she loves snapping and blacking out and killing him because, sometimes you just cannot take it anymore. BUT I just cannot bring myself to buy her story of what happened the day she killed him. The evidence strongly points at him being blitz attacked. That he didn't see it coming.

Keep weighing in ladies! 

3/7/13

WOW!!! An awesome insight into what the jurors are thinking. They don't seem to be buying her "I don't remember" bs about killing Travis. They also seem to be leaning more towards it looking like premeditation. They asked pretty good questions IMO. 

What do you think about the jury questions??

3/25

IMO this "expert" has crippled the defense instead of helping them. I'm almost wondering why the state doesn't rest now lol. Why is the defense keeping this man on the stand. He's suppose to be back up there but this go round is with Juan Martinez (who i love by the way he's like a little chihuahua nipping at your ankles lol). After this, I almost see no win for the defense. ALSO: new evidence about Jodi being the original companion for Travis' Cancun vacay, then bumped for another woman....slam dunk motive. Do you agree or disagree?

5/3

Wow....I can't believe its almost over. What did you tihnk about Nurmi and Martinez' closing arguments? What are your verdict predictions?? Remember...people were so sure OJ and Casey Anthony would be found guilty.....My prediction is the state will get what they want with 1st degree murder. 

Let us all hope that justice is done for Travis and his family whatever the outcome!

5/8

In case you haven't heard GUILTY 1ST DEGREE FELONY AND PREMEDITATED MURDER.....will she get death or just life in prison? 

Justice for Travis and his family has been done. RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Replies (231-240):
duets
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I watched this trial from beginning to now.  I am happy a guilty verdict came in.  I hope the Alexander Family can find peace someday.  The Family's impact statements were very powerful, bless their heart's. 

I just wanted to post this for anyne interested.  I dunno if I can take anymore on this topic, in the way of sensationalism, having watched the trial from beginning to now.  Justice for Travis!  But, for anyone interested.....  Lifetime announces premiere date of Jodi Arias movie....  The film about the woman who was convicted of killing her former boyfriend will premiere June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.   www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/05/16/lifetime-announces-premiere-of-jodi-arias-movie/2166569/

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I found myself extremely perplexed by this trial.  The pain, agony and torture-murder of TA did not end on the day he died.  His family has waited for justice for five long years because of the manipulation, lies and Arias' repeated  attempt to write, edit and revise her own drama.  While I did not watch the trial, I did keep up with the daily updates through various media outlets.  I am  extremely pleased that  she's been  convicted of the highest possible charge, and while I do not support the death penalty, she has stretchedmy compassion for humanity to the breaking point.  One thing that bothers me is that she may be attempting to manipulate her own sentence by stating that she wants the DP.  She's nothing more than a walking `lie' to me.  Therefore, her declaration could be just the opposite of what her true hope is -- life in prison. 

Quoting duets:

I watched this trial from beginning to now.  I am happy a guilty verdict came in.  I hope the Alexander Family can find peace someday.  The Family's impact statements were very powerful, bless their heart's. 

I just wanted to post this for anyne interested.  I dunno if I can take anymore on this topic, in the way of sensationalism, having watched the trial from beginning to now.  Justice for Travis!  But, for anyone interested.....  Lifetime announces premiere date of Jodi Arias movie....  The film about the woman who was convicted of killing her former boyfriend will premiere June 22 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.   www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/05/16/lifetime-announces-premiere-of-jodi-arias-movie/2166569/

Deedeeleigh
by New Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:09 PM
1 mom liked this

JUSTICE FOR TRAVIS! On to the sentencing phase! I will be glued to the TV!!

duets
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Also, for anyone who missed the 48hr special last night, here ya go....  48 Hours Unraveling The Lies of Jodi Arias    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLSaNaNjXwU

lancet98
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I'm fairly sure she killed the guy but the circumstances around the killing are very murky, so I wouldn't know what she really should be charged with.   The court probably tried to charge her with what they were pretty sure she could be found guilty of.   

duets
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Yes, it has been a very long & tiring journey to finally have Justice served, no doubt.  As for the dp, well... it is not my favorite of outcomes; however, for some.... it is necessary.  I see it this way, whatever the jury renders as their verdict in the case, after having followed the admonitions, laws & objections of serving on the jury..... the verdict is worthy, whatever they decide.  Otherwise, there is no deter for the possible Arias's in the future.  And sadly, we know they lurk & are out there!  

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

I found myself extremely perplexed by this trial.  The pain, agony and torture-murder of TA did not end on the day he died.  His family has waited for justice for five long years because of the manipulation, lies and Arias' repeated  attempt to write, edit and revise her own drama.  While I did not watch the trial, I did keep up with the daily updates through various media outlets.  I am  extremely pleased that  she's been  convicted of the highest possible charge, and while I do not support the death penalty, she has stretchedmy compassion for humanity to the breaking point.  One thing that bothers me is that she may be attempting to manipulate her own sentence by stating that she wants the DP.  She's nothing more than a walking `lie' to me.  Therefore, her declaration could be just the opposite of what her true hope is -- life in prison. 

Quoting duets:

duets
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Lance, 'fairly sure'?  She (Arias) has already said she murdered him.  Just sayin'.  As far as 'circumstances being murky'..... after viewing the horrid death pics, I see one thing: Reality & "Guilty".  Yes, ita, the State charged w/what they knew they could prove, that's the way Juan Martinez rolls! 

Quoting lancet98:

I'm fairly sure she killed the guy but the circumstances around the killing are very murky, so I wouldn't know what she really should be charged with.   The court probably tried to charge her with what they were pretty sure she could be found guilty of.   

duets
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:18 AM

c/p-  "date: 6/20/2013 @ 8:30 Case #:CR2008-031021
 Case event:Jury Deliberations Cont.  Camera ruling: In Session -Pool Camera/Still Cam Approved"

duets
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2013 at 3:20 AM

The penalty phase/trial will be aired.  

duets
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Posted per Dr. Drew:  "Guess who's back in court tomorrow [today]... We have a reporter on the way."

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-update-status-conference-set-for-tuesday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)