Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

this is another one of these crazy stories / fact's ....scary !

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 14 Replies

here's another one of those sick stories that came out back in 2011, and i was this close to sighning up again with cafe-mom's .....after being away for 3 years :{.....  these are conversation's & some serious fixing's that neeed to be had to warrant any change in this crooked a** federal screeening level & then some drop bars :(  ( meaning the ones in a position to sit by & glaze over the applicant's with a gold seal pass to start child day cares- or in- home daycare ... etc , etc ,etc .

The complete article can be viewed at;

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-bc-il--babysitter-sexoffenders,0,7716577.story

Visit chicagotribune.com at http://www.chicagotribune.com

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

blank stare

Kitschy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Quoting wickedfiress:

blank stare

right?

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Mimosas?

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I've read your post three times, your link doesn't work so it is no help.  So far I think I've got that it's about daycares.  

rfurlongg
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I do not think your linking is leading where you intended it to. I would be  interested in debating with you once I have read the proper article. 

blackwidow6161
by New Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM

hmmmm... sorry  about that ... 

there was a atoryon a ( sunday, august 2011 )

front page ...( in every new's stand on belmont ave )  large letter's

it say's...

SEX-OFFENDERS PAID TO BABY-SIT

IN A SMALL CAPTION,( UNDER "TRIBUNE WATCHDOG" 

IT SAYS:

STATE PROGRAM SUBSIDIZING CHILD CARE FOR POOR FAMILIES , ALLOW'S VIOLENT FELONS / CHILD SEX OFFENDER'S ACCESS TO CHILDREN   !!!!

THANK'S TO YOU ALL  WHOM KNEW THAT THEIR HAD TO BE SOMETHING ELSE THAT WAS INTENDED IN THE LINK'S, THAT I HAD (CUT,COPIED & PASTED )

JUST LIKE STEPH TAUGHT ME HOW TO ...

I HOPE THAT SOME ONE OUT THERE WITH A BIT OF SLEUTH IN THEM , COULD POSSIBLY GET THE CORRRECT LINK :)

LISA ~

I'VE ONLY BEEN BACK FOR ALMOST 2 WEEK'S  ( IN THREE YEAR'S )

Quoting blackwidow6161:

here's another one of those sick stories that came out back in 2011, and i was this close to sighning up again with cafe-mom's .....after being away for 3 years :{.....  these are conversation's & some serious fixing's that neeed to be had to warrant any change in this crooked a** federal screeening level & then some drop bars :(  ( meaning the ones in a position to sit by & glaze over the applicant's with a gold seal pass to start child day cares- or in- home daycare ... etc , etc ,etc .

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-bc-il--babysitter-sexoffenders,0,7716577.story

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Were you Lisa420?

If not Welcome back any how:)  I am glad to meet you :)

I will see if I can find a link

Quoting blackwidow6161:

hmmmm... sorry  about that ... 

there was a atoryon a ( sunday, august 2011 )

front page ...( in every new's stand on belmont ave )  large letter's

it say's...

SEX-OFFENDERS PAID TO BABY-SIT

IN A SMALL CAPTION,( UNDER "TRIBUNE WATCHDOG" 

IT SAYS:

STATE PROGRAM SUBSIDIZING CHILD CARE FOR POOR FAMILIES , ALLOW'S VIOLENT FELONS / CHILD SEX OFFENDER'S ACCESS TO CHILDREN   !!!!

THANK'S TO YOU ALL  WHOM KNEW THAT THEIR HAD TO BE SOMETHING ELSE THAT WAS INTENDEDIN THE LINK'S THAT I HAD (CUT,COPIED & PASTED )

JUST LIKE STEPH TAUGHT ME HOW TO ...

I HOPE THAT SOME ONE OUT THERE WITH A BIT OF SLEAUTH IN THEM , COULD POSSIBLY GET THE CORRRECT LINK :)

LISA ~

I'VE ONLY BEEN BACK FOR ALMOST 2 WEEK'S  ( IN THREE YEAR'S )

Quoting blackwidow6161:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM

The repeated out-of-place apostrophy is way distracting.  And, the post makes no sense whatsoever, even without them.

confused

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Is this the story you are referring to?

Sex Offenders On Illinois Childcare Payroll, Investigation Finds

First Posted: 08/30/11 03:23 PM ET Updated: 10/30/11 06:12 AM ET

Sex Offenders Babysitting
Sex offenders Cornelius Osborne (left) and Darron Walker (right) were allegedly paid thousands by the state to babysit, the Chicago Tribune reported.

The screening methods used to qualify babysitters for a state-run childcare subsidy program in Illinois were so inadequate that in several instances children were placed with registered sex offenders or individuals previously convicted of assault, drug and weapon possession crimes, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The Child Care Assistance Program, a $750 million-a-year service that provides babysitting services for more than 150,000 Illinois families, first came under scrutiny in 2008 after trends emerged in Cook County courtrooms where repeat offenders increasingly mentioned their babysitting jobs, according to the Associated Press. An investigation by the division’s policy analyst found that unlicensed babysitters--some 60,000 of the 70,000 care providers on the program’s payroll not required to be licensed if they are watching three or fewer unrelated children--were approved without full background checks, the Tribune reports.

These findings prompted legislation enacted in 2009 requiring stricter background checks for non-relative babysitters. But the scrutiny the new law required didn’t become practice for nearly 18 months, according to the Tribune. Meanwhile, 83 state-paid baby sitters were living at addresses where sex offenders were registered, including one registered sex offender who had already received almost $5,000 for child care services from the state, the Tribune reports.

Faults in the 14-year-old program's screening process stem from its reliance on applicants to self-report their criminal history accurately, the use of an incomplete database to screen applicants, and infrequent comparisons of registered baby sitters' addresses to sex offender lists, according to the Tribune. Information about parolees and other ex-offenders is even less readily available.

The state's Human Services department said it will explore how to do real-time checks of prison databases in response to the investigation's finding, the Tribune reports, though cross-referencing multiple data systems could be a challenge.

blackwidow6161
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

YES !!!!!!   

THAT WOULD BE THE STORY I WAS TALKING ABOUT

THANK YOU AGAIN

I SURE WAITED LONG ENOUGH TO GET JOINED BACK UP , HOWEVER I WANTED THAT INVESTIGATIVE STORY TO REACH THE ONES WHO CARE THE MOST

..... I KEEP THINKING THERE IS SOMETHING WE AS WOMEN CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT

OLD STORY REPORTED , BUT STILL A NEW DAILY ISSUE & TRUTH

SOMETHING'S GOT TO BE DONE ..

THANK'S FOR YOUR HELP  MS. SURVIVOR IN OHIO  :) 

LISA ~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)