Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

When you click 'like' on a persons post or reply any user can see it. The 'likes' are NOT ANONYMOUS.

That is all.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Replies (211-220):
Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm on mobile about 99% of the time, I haven't figured out how to see who "likes" a post - if there is a way. Maybe on the new mobile site - I still use the old one. I'm old and stuck in my ways, lol.

It's interesting to see how women have learned to use the "like" button as a weapon :)

ETA: often a reply is so over the top stupid that I want to know who liked it just so I know who to steer clear of.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I often like something fully knowing that the OP (general, not specific to this post) can see it and will get pissed off by it.  It cracks me up how quickly some will get spun out of shape over someone "cosigning" another person's comment.  

I've done the same thing.

I will say that typicaly I don't look who's liked every comment within a thread, only my comments.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
On the new mobile, there is a link on #likes next to the reply, just like on the full site.

Quoting Stephanie329:

I'm on mobile about 99% of the time, I haven't figured out how to see who "likes" a post - if there is a way. Maybe on the new mobile site - I still use the old one. I'm old and stuck in my ways, lol.

It's interesting to see how women have learned to use the "like" button as a weapon :)

ETA: often a reply is so over the top stupid that I want to know who liked it just so I know who to steer clear of.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I often like something fully knowing that the OP (general, not specific to this post) can see it and will get pissed off by it.  It cracks me up how quickly some will get spun out of shape over someone "cosigning" another person's comment.  

I will say that typicaly I don't look who's liked every comment within a thread, only my comments.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
punky3175
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I can actually just click the heart (next to 'likes') on my iPhone and it tells me who liked the post (New mobile site). I discovered that thanks to this post: :-)

Quoting wickedfiress:

On the new mobile, there is a link on #likes next to the reply, just like on the full site.

Quoting Stephanie329:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Why do people care who likes other people's comments?  

ihave1
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM

Really, no way! 

Duh...

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Its a way of seeing how people are viewing a subject.

At times there is a very rude comment and its interesting who likes it IMO.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting 12hellokitty:

THAT is a very good question indeed. Apparently there are some who are offended to be "liked" and must then create a whole entirely new thread about it. Meh- some people are freakishly drama driven.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Pardon me, but aren't you the member who just went batshit crazy all over Veni a day ago because you didn't know "likes" could be viewed?

I read your response.  Drama, indeed.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

THAT is a very good question indeed. Apparently there are some who are offended to be "liked" and must then create a whole entirely new thread about it. Meh- some people are freakishly drama driven.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:38 PM

I am the one who went "batshit crazy" as you so eloquently put it because the op felt so compelled to start this empowering PSA to call me out because I happend to "like" her one post on a sepearte thread and she went all drama-queen on me. Not only in her other thread- but she contiuned her drama by making THIS thread. 

I find it a bit freakishishly creepy that the op had to create THIS thread simply because I "liked" her.

Meh- I'd rather have my one moment of "batshit" than a lifetime of drama whore.

Quoting jaxTheMomm:

Pardon me, but aren't you the member who just went batshit crazy all over Veni a day ago because you didn't know "likes" could be viewed?

I read your response.  Drama, indeed.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree...I thought everyone knew that you could see who liked it.  I look at who likes some of the more rude comments and just nod away...like why am I not surprised LOL

Quoting survivorinohio:

Its a way of seeing how people are viewing a subject.

At times there is a very rude comment and its interesting who likes it IMO.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN