Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you click 'like' on a persons post or reply any user can see it. The 'likes' are NOT ANONYMOUS.

That is all.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Replies (221-230):
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Exactly!

Quoting turtle68:

I agree...I thought everyone knew that you could see who liked it.  I look at who likes some of the more rude comments and just nod away...like why am I not surprised LOL

Quoting survivorinohio:

Its a way of seeing how people are viewing a subject.

At times there is a very rude comment and its interesting who likes it IMO.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Why do people care who likes other people's comments?  

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Thank you, I may have to try to accustom myself to the newer site.

Quoting wickedfiress:

On the new mobile, there is a link on #likes next to the reply, just like on the full site.

Quoting Stephanie329:

I'm on mobile about 99% of the time, I haven't figured out how to see who "likes" a post - if there is a way. Maybe on the new mobile site - I still use the old one. I'm old and stuck in my ways, lol.

It's interesting to see how women have learned to use the "like" button as a weapon :)

ETA: often a reply is so over the top stupid that I want to know who liked it just so I know who to steer clear of.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting katy_kay08:

I often like something fully knowing that the OP (general, not specific to this post) can see it and will get pissed off by it.  It cracks me up how quickly some will get spun out of shape over someone "cosigning" another person's comment.  

I've done the same thing.

I will say that typicaly I don't look who's liked every comment within a thread, only my comments.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM
3 moms liked this
I sometimes see if I can guess who liked a comment before it loads. lol

Quoting survivorinohio:

Exactly!

Quoting turtle68:

I agree...I thought everyone knew that you could see who liked it.  I look at who likes some of the more rude comments and just nod away...like why am I not surprised LOL

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MicheleJM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM
Eh its very rare I go anon anyway. If its personal yeah...but my likes arent personal. I am just agreeing with someone. I have better things to do than worry about what people think by what I like.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM
3 moms liked this

18 post likes

:hair flip:

kiss

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM

LOL

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:24 PM
2 moms liked this

Whaaaaaa....O.o
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

g Sekirei:

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

This calls for a big round of  F*CK YOU  ! Vee. Go ahead- hit that report button. But read  the post first if you have the balls. You were looking for a fight and you thought you found your sucker. Yes- stupid me- I never knew the "like" was not anon. Personally- I couldn;t give a rat's ass. I OWN It. I just happened to agree with what you had said- for another poster who continually harassed me and called me such things as "twat" and "idiot" to name just a few-  you asked for her to put an end to her BS. I thought finally I had an ally.

But No- you took my "LIKE"  and completly twisted it into a negative. You assumed the very worst of me. Yeah- that pisses me off.

I then PM'd you- see: "owning it" and told you "mea culpa" and told you I would remove the "like" in an attempt to bring peace and I removed my posting- something btw I am loathe to do- to delete my posts. But I thought- again- to bring the peace.

And THEN what do I see? THIS THREAD! Who the hell do you think you are. You and your little groupies liking each others mocking comments towards me and now to start a thread- simply for the sole purpose to mock me. Nice showing of tolerance and understanding. Nice.

Go ahead- report this.

You are getting way to bloody pissy over something on the interwebs... chill. 

and Vee is being way too inappropriate by her public humilaitaion and mocking of me. Perhaps you can have the woman chill.

Sorry, you humiliated yourself when you burst into the fucks and rat's ass bullshit in the other post. You could have just taken it to PM, instead of posting a paragraph long rant. 

"get off my jock" reads better than F*ck you? hmm. good to know. I 'll try to remember that for next time.

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Just to throw people off I think I'll start liking the crazy liberal posts....

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Exactly!

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Just to throw people off I think I'll start liking the crazy liberal posts....

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Exactly!

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

what and awesome idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured