Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

When you click 'like' on a persons post or reply any user can see it. The 'likes' are NOT ANONYMOUS.

That is all.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Replies (241-250):
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't know, I've never tried.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Can the chatterbox be turned off?

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Well, I think, the chatterbox is actually ON your profile page and people can leave messages for you on there.  I usually only get messages from people recruiting for groups.  

I see regular size siggies, I think, but on mobile there are no siggies.  

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I forgot about the ever changing font sizes and colors.  I did opt for the setting that doesn't show sig. lines (or whatever it's called).  I still have no idea what the chatterbox is.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Yeah, I can be guilty of that too.  I can't speak for others, but I just get bored of seeing my same one after awhile. lol

I'm usually on mobile, and before they had avatars visible I learned a few by SN.  Although, I can admit to getting fonts and colors mixed up too.  lol

Quoting 12hellokitty:

LOL, I have enough time keeping up with who is who especially when people change their avatars. 

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Awesome.  I love it!  

You know, they might rub off on you through some strange internet osmosis.  

;-)

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Just to throw people off I think I'll start liking the crazy liberal posts....

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I often like comments as a way of thanking someone for responding instead of commenting.  I wonder if other people do the same?  I normally wouldn't have replied to your last comment other then by my like, but since the thread is about how people use the like button.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Well, I think, the chatterbox is actually ON your profile page and people can leave messages for you on there.  I usually only get messages from people recruiting for groups.  

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I forgot about the ever changing font sizes and colors.  I did opt for the setting that doesn't show sig. lines (or whatever it's called).  I still have no idea what the chatterbox is.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Yeah, I can be guilty of that too.  I can't speak for others, but I just get bored of seeing my same one after awhile. lol

I'm usually on mobile, and before they had avatars visible I learned a few by SN.  Although, I can admit to getting fonts and colors mixed up too.  lol

Quoting 12hellokitty:

LOL, I have enough time keeping up with who is who especially when people change their avatars. 

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Awesome.  I love it!  

;-)

Quoting 12hellokitty:

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

lol..did someone get busted "liking" something they didn't want public?

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM
4 moms liked this

If I'm reading replies, and see something that I would have replied the same, I just 'like' it rather than typing the exact same thing.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM
I do the same, and I think others do too. :-)

Quoting 12hellokitty:

I often like comments as a way of thanking someone for responding instead of commenting.  I wonder if other people do the same?  I normally wouldn't have replied to your last comment other then by my like, but since the thread is about how people use the like button.

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Quoting TCgirlatheart:

Awesome.  I love it!  

;-)

Quoting 12hellokitty:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Especially within my own post I will like replies to let the person know I've read it.

I hardly go to my profile page but I'll bet the chatterbox can be turned off or reserved for people within your friends list.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

PurdueMom
by Sherri on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Like.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

yes thats an awesome thing about them IMO

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Especially within my own post I will like replies to let the person know I've read it.

I hardly go to my profile page but I'll bet the chatterbox can be turned off or reserved for people within your friends list.

Quoting 12hellokitty:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Quoting EireLass:

If I'm reading replies, and see something that I would have replied the same, I just 'like' it rather than typing the exact same thing.

yes- just as I did here- except of course- I am also adding comment. Some people see that as 'fanning flames" and get all butt-hurt over it and want to create drama. People fail to recognize that even though one may disagree on one point, they can agree on another. 

See how nicely we are agreeing Eirelass :) 

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:10 PM

sexy 

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

18 post likes

:hair flip:

kiss

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN