Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: Are you? (feel free to pick the younger or older option if you're celebrating a decade this year!)

Options:

Under 20

20-30

30-40

40-50

50-60

60-70

70-80

even older than that

not telling

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 192

View Results

My birthday's coming up, so I wanted to reassure myself that I wasn't the oldest person here... Who wins?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Replies (181-190):
survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM
3 moms liked this

happy birthday

Quoting LCG83:

I've been 30 for 12 minutes now. Lol.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

hockytwndhampyr
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Will be 41 in March

mamabear0791
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I just turned 43. Sorry. If it makes ya feel better, hubby will be 58 this year.

free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I always say that I'm 25 + (plus).  You're as old as you feel.  lol

free1
by ~FreeSpirit~ on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Some women never tell their Age.  To some Age is just a number.  Ha!!

notquite2sets
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
33 n September
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Linda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Well, as long as they outlive you...

I read somewhere that the real gift of love is to tell your spouse 'you can go first' --to save them the heartache of surviving your loss.

I told dh that and he said 'what heartache?' :D Jerk.

Quoting survivorinohio:

I dunno,  I think the only big ones left are my kids.  I have an aunt and uncle and I will be ok when its their time .  Hubby will hurt to be sure if he goes first.  I really cant bear the thought of any of the kids going first though.

Sometimes I feel like funerals are kind of cumalative.  Each one a little harder.

I have buried way too many.

Quoting LindaClement:

I suspect losses get easier as you get older ... and it makes the 'cherishing the moment' parts so much more delightful.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Live long and prosper :) 

Loss is the issue.  I do not wish to lose many more people especially not children.

Quoting TranquilMind:

I do, just to get the years my family didn't get.  Somebody should.

But I don't want to outlive my kids, so they have to live a long time also!

Quoting survivorinohio:

I do not want to live to 120

Quoting TranquilMind:

I do not recognize what you just said.  No, no, no, no.

We are built to last 120 years, though most of us don't make it for various environmental and genetic reasons.  So.....60 is middle aged and don't try to tell me any different!

You are a young woman.

Quoting Bookwormy:

I heard on NPR a few years ago that women are considered middle aged at 35!  & I thought that everyone was middle aged at 40!  & now, either way, I am middle aged, LOL!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Yes.  But in my head I am in my mid 30s.  I'm always shocked when I realize I am basically middle aged.  When did that happen?  Jeez my youngest just turned 5.  I should be younger!  I am the oldest mama at the preschool.  I am the age of some grandmas that pick up the kids.

Quoting LindaClement:

You do realize what the alternative is, right?

Quoting stacymomof2:

Ugh I will be 44 in a couple of months.

LindaClement
by Linda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope so, too!

I think life without chocolate peanut butter cups isn't worth living... just make the rest of the food 'real' and it's no biggie!

Quoting tweety101149:

I am 63 years old.  Had a heart attack last March.  My dad died of a massive coranary at 66, my mom lived to 87 and passed in her sleep, her heart just stopped.  I am now smoke free almost one year. (since my heart attack),  I am not overweight according to the doctors, and my biggest downfall is chocolate peanutbutter cups..lol. I eat fairly healthy foods, so I am hoping that with positive attitude, exercise, and contuning a healthy eating regime, I can avoid a premature death.

Quoting LindaClement:

That's a great reason to live!

I recommend the book 'Younger Next Year' ... wonderful inspiration and real hard science about what really works.

Quoting Bookwormy:

My mom died at 47yo & my dad at 73yo. My grandparent all died in their 60s & 70s think.

I'm not of great stock! I'm trying to lose weight & live healthier than my peeps for obvious reasons, with a 6yo daughter.

Quoting LindaClement:

When people died at 68, 35 was middle aged... if your family has a lot of ninety year olds, it's likely you won't be middle aged until you're 62.

Quoting Bookwormy:

Welcome to the club!  My partner is 46 & I'm 42.  Our DD just turned 6 & the parents of all of her friends are 1/2 our age is seems like!  Seriously, most are in their late 20s or in their 30s, but we are oooolllldddd.  ut I heard on NPR a few years ago that women are considered middle aged at 35!  & I thought that everyone was middle aged at 40!  & now, either way, I am middle aged, LOL!

Quoting stacymomof2:

Yes.  But in my head I am in my mid 30s.  I'm always shocked when I realize I am basically middle aged.  When did that happen?  Jeez my youngest just turned 5.  I should be younger!  I am the oldest mama at the preschool.  I am the age of some grandmas that pick up the kids.

Quoting LindaClement:

You do realize what the alternative is, right?

Quoting stacymomof2:

Ugh I will be 44 in a couple of months.

cupomeow
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Me too!!

Quoting SilverSterling:

I'll be 39 next month sometime

LindaClement
by Linda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Mine, too... LOVE the Long, Dark Teatime of the Soul!

Quoting stacymomof2:

One of my favorite authors!  I loved being 42 just for that reason!  Alas it is behind me now.

Quoting LindaClement:

Ah, it's nice to see Douglas Adams fans in the crowd!

Quoting stacymomof2:

The answer to life, the universe, and everything.  

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured