Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is There Any Pro-Life Hope Roe v. Wade Will Be Overturned?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM
  • 66 Replies

This week, as you and your family join other believers across America in pausing to remember, and to grieve, the 40thyear since one of the worst Supreme Court decisions in our nation’s history, we do so differently perhaps, than we ever have before … with real, tangible hope that the end of this terrible, open season on children in the womb is coming, at last, to an end.

And with the conviction that our children will, in Jesus name, see the infamous Roe v. Wade decision overturned – and the slaughter end – in their lifetimes. The current generation of college students will live in a post-Roe era.

The signs are everywhere. In cities and states all over America, Planned Parenthood is on the ropes. Yes, they recently celebrated – celebrated – a record year for fund-raising, and the killing across the last three years of close to a million babies.  They enjoy unprecedented support from the federal government and the current presidential administration. We pray that 2012 will be the best year they ever have… as every succeeding year gets worse for them.

The truth about who they are and what they do is coming more and more into the light. The documented hypocrisy of their commitment to women’s health and adoption referrals … the evidence of massive financial frauds that have used untold millions of taxpayer dollars for reasons other than what they claim … the growing public disgust with a group that demonstrably enjoys making money off promoting the killing of children … all these are sounding an ever-louder death knell for the most prominent abortion business in America.

The extraordinary miracles now being performed in neonatal intensive care units across the country … the astounding capacity our physicians now have to save endangered lives in the womb … the mesmerizing beauty and precision of sonograms … all these have combined to open the eyes and change the hearts of millions of Americans to recognize babies yet unborn as living beings, worthy of our protection.

America’s thinking has changed on this issue … and very soon, its laws will change, too.

When – not if, but when – that happens, what will follow? Will Americans reject what Pope John Paul II called “a culture of death,” and embrace life as something precious and sacred at every age and stage of existence, from the cradle to the grave? Will we again recognize a national constitutional preservation and defense of life, or leave it to the 50 states to each sort out their own protections and priorities in this area?

Of course, as a legal ministry, Alliance Defending Freedom will do everything in its power and by the grace of our Living God to secure ever greater, farther-reaching protections for life for every American, including you and your family.  We will work toward that objective not only through the courts, but through our ongoing, ever-growing investment in the lives of our nation’s future legal leaders, through the Blackstone Legal Fellowship and the Collegiate Academy. We will continue to strengthen and expand our alliance with other Christian ministries, religious leaders, and attorneys in every state who share our commitment to preserving this most precious of God’s gifts: the gift of life. And we will rejoice in your prayers and dependable support as we stand together for the abiding truth that the way of Jesus is the way that leads to life.

So, yes, on this terrible occasion, we grieve. But as the Apostle Paul said, “We do not grieve as those who do not have hope (1 Thessalonians 4:13).” Because the end of Roe v. Wade is at hand.

LifeNews Note: Alan Sears, a former federal prosecutor in the Reagan Administration, is president and CEO of the Alliance Defense Fund.

source

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfurlongg
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:05 AM
7 moms liked this
It is unlikely roe vs wade will be completely undone.

However, all the effort, time and money spent trying to overturn it can (and should imo) be turned towards preventing all unwanted pregnancies and full support for those how choose to take the leap with a baby. If all the money spent trying to overturn roe vs wade were simply spent on education and profylactics to the riskiest population a substantial number if abortions would never occur.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyofPhilly
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:20 AM
18 moms liked this
Why don't you anti-choice zealots get so fired up about saving the children that already here? You want to stop abortion? You don't do it by stomping your feet and shaming women. You do it by making sex education and birth control affordable and available - something PP was doing before your vendetta against them, something heath reform is trying to address. You empower women and help them get out of poverty. You don't cut welfare and food stamps. And while your at it, you can all adopt all the kids in foster care.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
6 moms liked this

The idiocy of such a piece is the misunderstanding of what it means to make abortion illegal.

It doesn't mean you stop abortion.

It means you send it underground and make it more dangerous.

This is not about caring about babies or women, people who care about babies and women want to see them well cared for and safe.

Disgusting.

catchup29
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:22 AM
6 moms liked this

Quoting rfurlongg:

It is unlikely roe vs wade will be completely undone.

However, all the effort, time and money spent trying to overturn it can (and should imo) be turned towards preventing all unwanted pregnancies and full support for those how choose to take the leap with a baby. If all the money spent trying to overturn roe vs wade were simply spent on education and profylactics to the riskiest population a substantial number if abortions would never occur.

They can not put their efforts into education and birth control.  They are too busy trusting in God and teaching abstinance, because we all know that works!  LOL

Stephanie329
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM
2 moms liked this
Celebrated killing children? Joy at killing children?Candle, you are good at finding this dramatic propaganda. I could almost hear the violins playing in the background :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catchup29
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting romalove:

The idiocy of such a piece is the misunderstanding of what it means to make abortion illegal.

It doesn't mean you stop abortion.

It means you send it underground and make it more dangerous.

This is not about caring about babies or women, people who care about babies and women want to see them well cared for and safe.

Disgusting.

In 1968 my mother was married to a man that was deployed in Vietman, 4 days after he left, she found out she was pregnant.  She was alone with no family, on an Army base.  The government of course barely paying them enough to survive.  She immediately became overcome with morning sickness that made it impossible for her to work.  She sought an abortion.  She had to have a back alley one and ended up near death, the "doctor" dumped her in front of the doors of an emergency room, bleeding to death and he ran. 

No one should be treated like that.

dixie.mom
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
It will be over turned when my right to bear arms is. I'm not an abortion supporter, I agree with both pps. The money would be better spent educating the youth and preventing unwanted pregnancies.
I believe in do unto others, I don't want my rights infringed upon so I'm not going to do that to someone else.
I don't think it should be an easily chosen procedure and, certainly not because the "mother" just doesn't want the baby, or to get fat, or does want to get back at the father. These are common and horrible reasons.
Guns and abortions have common footing, we are all losing rights we value, on both sides yet instead of working together to protect our once great nation we are at each others throat.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Traci_Momof2
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM

barf

radioheid
by Libertarian on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM
5 moms liked this

I made it through the first paragraph, and I'm giving myself major kudos for that.

Abortion will not disappear, regardless of whether Roe vs. Wade is overturned. Women will simply take to the back alley, as they did for hundreds and probably thousands of years. Abortion is as old as civilization itself.

I don't enjoy the thought of abortion. I think it is tragic. Tragic that a teenager was raped by her uncle. Tragic that a woman was raped by a stranger. Tragic that people weren't responsible enough to use birth control and must resort to an abortion that was easily avoided. Tragic that sometimes birth control fails, even when used properly. Tragic that a woman discovers, at 12 weeks, that she has cancer and needs chemo immediately. Tragic that a fetus is discovered to have anencephaly (look it up---its horrific...the baby doesn't have a brain). And because abortion is often so tragic and traumatic, I believe the best place for it is a safe, sterile doctor's office where women won't be killed or maimed trying desperately to end a pregnancy they don't wish to continue *for whatever reason*.

Until someone is born, or capable of living if born (according to the law in some states), they have no rights. Because a fetus under 20 weeks gestation does not possess the ability to live independently by any stretch of the imagination, it has no rights, and the decision for whether or not it should remain on "life support" is left in the hands of its mother, and I don't believe we should take away her choice to "pull the plug"---however that may happen.

"Roger that. Over."

R   A   D    I    O    H    E    I    D

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Yet another cut and paste

*yawn*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN