Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Newsmax's Aftershock Survival Summit Video...Wiedemer's Predictions..What do you think?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 1 Replies

http://w3.newsmax.com/a/aftershockb/video47.cpm

I can't get it to directly go to the video.  But, click on the article "Newsmax's Aftershock Survival Summit", should take you to the video.  Wiedemer's claims/predictions of the Stock Market crush.  He predicted the Real Estate collaspe,  he warned people during the Bush's Admin.  But, no one listened.  Then it all came true, causing this deep recession.  Now, he has another prediction, which he predicted last yr.  Do you think anyone in our Gov. is going to listen now?  Sadly, I don't think so.

I think we all just have to prepare ourselves right now.  Which quite honestly everyone should of been preparing ourselves 5 yrs. ago.  All the signs were there.  Just because some of us are lucky to have jobs, doesn't mean they won't also lose that job.  ALL of us are NOT secure.  (except, of course all the rich people).  I believe 5 yrs. ago, when all the signs were there.  A lot of people could of prepared better. 

Everyone should of, back then, started saving for that rainy day fund.  Everyone should of, tried to get any kind of job.  Doesn't matter what it is.  Housekeeping, babysitting...But, that's the problem today.  A lot of people didn't do that.  I wonder how many people honestly felt things would be getting better?  I keep hearing, before the Election, how things ARE getting better.  Signs of more jobs.  I never believe that. 

I myself have been looking & applying for a few yrs.  I admit at my age, I thought I wouldn't have to take jobs that I have done pretty much all my life.  I thought now was my time...to go to school...to do all those things I've planned for many yrs. now.  But, I realize a few yrs. ago, that it wasn't the time obviously.  I have applied for our 'new' Super Wal-Mart..nothing...I have applied for Christmas help...nothing...I signed up for Senior Care & Child Care jobs.  I figured, I would have a much better chance. 

I wanted to do Senior Care, but nothing...(it's been a yr.)  I finally, am realizing that working/helping Seniors, I would have to have my Degree.  Even if the description of the job, was just campanionship, house cleaning, running errands, meal preparation, driving to their Dr's appt.  Things I thought I would qualify for since I've done that all while being a SAHM.  Plus, working with the San Bernardino Supv. of Schools & School Districts where I live for over 10 yrs.  But, I guess not.  So, I have now finally realize that I have to do childcare.  There seems to be quite a bit of jobs in childcare.  Sorry long.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I have been offered a job to watch a 5 yr. & little over 1 yr. old boys.  The mom is a single mom, relocating from Conn.  I like the hrs. 8 am - 1 pm M-F.  It's perfect!  I believe I will be coming to her house, which I prefer.  She has been communicating with for a couple of wks. now.  The position starts Feb. 18.  She's offering $400/wk. which seems high.  Almost too good to be true.  So, we'll see. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN