Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

and after hearing this my immediate thought is: " I have no one to tell?!"

which is immediately followed by my making a mental list of everyone I could dish to.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I love getting info like that.  I don't tell so a lot of people tell me stuff.  I do have a best friend that does get to hear everything, but she is a vault, and she doesn't know the people, usually.

I would tell hubs but he isn't usually interested anyways.

So now everyone knows, if you tell me a secret my best friend will hear and will not tell anyone, and my husband may hear but won't pay any attention.  lol

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting katy_kay08:

my immediate thought is "oh geez, I'm not sure I even want to hear it" and that is generally followed up with "ugh...I was right this was not anything I wanted to know"

That may or may not say a lot about the people you talk too.  Usually when this is said to me its about some kind of incredibly good news that they dont want to share  too soon, like pregnancy or engagement or a new job.. 

only if it was something that was said to me on a regular basis.  I don't have people in my life that gossip and those that do I work to keep at a great distance as I don't trust them.   Really the only people I've found prone to this type of thing are those I've "met" online, thankfully those friendships are superficial and easily avoided.  

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I haven't heard that line in a long time. I guess people don't feel the need to tell me not to blab? Or people just don't tell me things they want to keep secret.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting katy_kay08:

my immediate thought is "oh geez, I'm not sure I even want to hear it" and that is generally followed up with "ugh...I was right this was not anything I wanted to know"

That may or may not say a lot about the people you talk too.  Usually when this is said to me its about some kind of incredibly good news that they dont want to share  too soon, like pregnancy or engagement or a new job.. 

only if it was something that was said to me on a regular basis.  I don't have people in my life that gossip and those that do I work to keep at a great distance as I don't trust them.   Really the only people I've found prone to this type of thing are those I've "met" online, thankfully those friendships are superficial and easily avoided.  

some more so than others to be sure :)

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting katy_kay08:

most definitely.  I've yet to regret moving on.  

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting katy_kay08:

most definitely.  I've yet to regret moving on.  

lol

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM
I know the feeling. I have dreams about my Dad an in the dream I am so happy to see him And I have to remind myself when I wake up that he is gone and it's like a kick in the gut all
over again. He died very suddenly when I was 29.

Quoting lga1965:

So many times there has been something I wanted to tell my parents--news from old friends, something exciting about grandkids...and then it hits me that I can't. They passed away a long time ago. Its too sad.And it keeps happening.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Then you better not tell me...i'll sell you out in a hot minute.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:10 PM
1 mom liked this

That's one of the reasons i'm so thankful my parents will never die. I can't imagine not being able to call my mom. I'm an adult with a child of my own but i need still need them very much.

Quoting lga1965:

So many times there has been something I wanted to tell my parents--news from old friends, something exciting about grandkids...and then it hits me that I can't. They passed away a long time ago. Its too sad.And it keeps happening.

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:16 PM

your parent's will never die?  Are they cyborgs?  

Quoting UpSheRises:

That's one of the reasons i'm so thankful my parents will never die. I can't imagine not being able to call my mom. I'm an adult with a child of my own but i need still need them very much.

Quoting lga1965:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)