Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

and after hearing this my immediate thought is: " I have no one to tell?!"

which is immediately followed by my making a mental list of everyone I could dish to.

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:38 PM
Replies (21-29):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

No, they are just regular humans. Not having them is unthinkable and i am pretty smart so i figure if i can't think it, it's not going to happen. Mind over matter.

Quoting katy_kay08:

your parent's will never die?  Are they cyborgs?  

Quoting UpSheRises:

That's one of the reasons i'm so thankful my parents will never die. I can't imagine not being able to call my mom. I'm an adult with a child of my own but i need still need them very much.

Quoting lga1965:

So many times there has been something I wanted to tell my parents--news from old friends, something exciting about grandkids...and then it hits me that I can't. They passed away a long time ago. Its too sad.And it keeps happening.

katy_kay08
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM

well I hope that works out for you for a very very long time.  

Quoting UpSheRises:

No, they are just regular humans. Not having them is unthinkable and i am pretty smart so i figure if i can't think it, it's not going to happen. Mind over matter.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

That's one of the reasons i'm so thankful my parents will never die. I can't imagine not being able to call my mom. I'm an adult with a child of my own but i need still need them very much.

Quoting lga1965:

So many times there has been something I wanted to tell my parents--news from old friends, something exciting about grandkids...and then it hits me that I can't. They passed away a long time ago. Its too sad.And it keeps happening.

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

When DS was just barely 3 he told he that he hoped we died on the same day so we would never have to be alone from each other. I guess struggling with loss is in my DNA.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting lga1965:

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Awe so sweet!

Quoting UpSheRises:

When DS was just barely 3 he told he that he hoped we died on the same day so we would never have to be alone from each other. I guess struggling with loss is in my DNA.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting lga1965:

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

He was so cute at that age...really thinking about why he was here and where he was going. When he was two he asked me if the factory guys who made him glues his head on to his neck then put his mouth at the top so he could talk a lot. He also asked if i could help him get flatter so he could live in the TV. :)

Quoting survivorinohio:

Awe so sweet!

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting lga1965:

AdellesMom
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Yeah...both of my parents are gone. I lost my mom when I was young, and there's so much I wish I could ask her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FrogSalad
by Sooze on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:22 PM

What cracks me up is that someone will say that to me (at work), knowing I won't spread it around, and then they go and tell a bunch of other people and I hear the story from someone else a day or two later.

I just have to laugh at the whole scenario.

lga1965
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM

That is so sweet and he is so preeceptive and intuitive....wow!  I feel that loss thing ,too, always have.

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting UpSheRises:

Quoting lga1965:

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM
That happens to me at work all the time! We're kind of cliquey at work (front end vs grocery department etc) and our book keeper is a terrible gossip. She'll tell me some work related juicyness and preface it with "don't tell anyone!" and then by the end of the day practically the whole store knows and different people keep asking me if I've heard about it... It's a small store, but news spreads like wildfire.

Quoting FrogSalad:

What cracks me up is that someone will say that to me (at work), knowing I won't spread it around, and then they go and tell a bunch of other people and I hear the story from someone else a day or two later.

I just have to laugh at the whole scenario.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)